5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes and Valuable Information
Published on August 22, 2011 by FitziG

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick Fix GF recipe book
Uses too many pre-packaged items (eg Udi products). I like to make everything from scratch to avoid preservatives. Why should I write more than I mean?
Published 20 months ago by johl89

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes and Valuable Information, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
My son was recently diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity, and is a very picky eater. I made him the chicken Romano, and the Black Bean Brownies, and he came back for seconds. I love how the author put an entire glossary in the back explaining all the gluten free flours, and staple ingredients. He also has an entire substiution chart for those looking to avoid dairy, and other ingredients. Great Find!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluten Free food with Flavor, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
I bought Chef Rob's first book a couple years ago, and it saved my families life. I just picked up Quick fix gluten Free, and he has done it again. Gluten free food full of flavor. I love the variety he packed into this book. Most gluten books are all baking, but this book is packed full of breakfast recipes, appetizers, international flavors, comfort foods, etc, etc. I made the Chicken Fingers with sweet and sour sauce for my kids and they loved them. The molasses flax sandwich bread is amazing, and the pretzel crusted tilapia is delicious.
I can't wait to try the swedish meatballs and baked stuffed shrimp for the holidays.....

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite GF cookbooks, July 23, 2012
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
Since getting this book we have tried many of the recipes. They have all tasted great. My kids loved them and my girls like to use this book to cook from.

I love the Tasty Comforts chapter because it takes recipes such as Chicken & Dumplings and makes them GF. I love the different topped/crusted recipes such as Italian Herb-Crusted Salmon & the Tortilla-Crusted Swordfish. I find these recipes quick & the layout is easy especially when I can't figure out what to cook.

(No, I don't like to cook but I do like to make good, tasty food for my family and I sometimes have fun with "fancy" recipes. "Fancy" defined as something I would get in a restaurant.)

I haven't had any trouble finding any ingredients listed. We love the chapter on frying foods especially the Fried Mozzarella sticks.

My biggest reason for loving this book is that it doesn't have you make a mix for any of the baked goods. All of the ingredients are listed in the recipes. I have so many books where it calls for it's own special mix of flours you make and keep on hand and that just doesn't work for me. I like putting it all together while I'm making the recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT Gluten Free cookbook!, October 26, 2011
E (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
Chef Landolfi has done it again! This cookbook is much more than a cookbook - Yes, it serves as a treasure trove of mouth watering recipes that are sure to rock the house, but it also serves as a very informative source of gluten free wisdom and lore. It offers an extremely wide variety of dishes and that are wonderful in and of themselves. But, they also serve as a great springboard for inventive versions for more of the meat free and dairy free folks too. Those of us who have a family to feed (or a party to prepare for) that includes ones that are not gluten free will find many options that can keep everyone happy with a tasty and healthy meal that one does not need to slave over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this gluten-free cookbook! Must have., November 10, 2011
Juanita Nyce (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
We found this cookbook last week and already have used it several times. Finding the right balance of flours is often tough. We love the recipes for baked goods and other items that are sorely missed in our family. Thanks for the fabulous recipes. My son is excited about cooking with me again. Definitely worth purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opening my eyes about food, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
This book, written by Robert Landolphi was about the third book I purchased after being diagnosed with "Gluten sensitivity" about a year ago. I could sympathize with Robert about his wife, Angela, who had been terribly unhealthy for years and didn't know why. My case was like that. I had a rash all over my body and itched 24/7 for three and a half years. Went to many deoctors and dermatologists and they did skin tests, I bought lotions and salves, and took steroids by the pound but nothing did any good. After my diagnosis I bought several books, but still dreaded mealtimes every day when I had to cook something to eat for my family. On page 8 of this book is a recipe "Cinnamon-raisin french toast" that I made one morning, and my day was better because of it. It is a simple book with simple recipes for the most part. I have used many including one called "bacon, lettuce, and tomato wedge salad" which proved to me that a person can live without bread after all. I wish the book was loosly bound so it would lay flat, and a few of the recipes have over 20 ingredients, but for the most part I keep the book handy and check for recipes several times a week. It is a five star recipe book in my eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick fix gluten free, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
This recipe book is a great source for gluten free recipes that are relatively easy and has readily available ingredients. The recipes have all turned out so far and taste good. Price and delivery competetive and satisfactory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for On -The-Go people, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
If you are looking for a good cookbook with quick to fix recipes that are gluten free, then you need this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gluten-free cookbook, October 23, 2011
M. (Stewartstown, Panama) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick-Fix Gluten Free (Paperback)
I haven't made many recipes yet, but the ones I have tried are good. Nice layout to the book. Simple instructions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick Fix GF recipe book, January 9, 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Quick-Fix Gluten Free
Quick-Fix Gluten Free by Robert M. Landolphi (Paperback - August 23, 2011)
$16.99 $11.65