Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 26, 2013
Amazon is the BEST! I've tried most of Robin's recipes and they are relatively easy, use normal ingredients and taste great. The recipes in this book are no exception! This is the perfect book for a busy person that wants to eat great tasting and fast vegan meals. Thanks to Robin, for such a great book!
on May 5, 2012
I love to cook so I wasn't too excited about 30 minute meals - then I read this book and was completely blown away!! Wonderful recipes. I love being able to put a healthy meal on the table in next to no time!! Thanks Robin. This goes on the shelf with the cookbook that can expect lots of use.
on March 25, 2013
The recipes are good with the exception that they are bland. They need to be spiced up a bit. I purchased the book to get me out of a rut of the same foods and to kick start new ideas. It was good in that respect but needs serious amending on the spices to give it flavor.
on November 6, 2012
I love this cookbook so much I purchased 3 more to give as gifts.
When I have a little extra time on my hands and feel in the mood to cook I reach for this cookbook. I never knew vegan could taste so good.
on January 14, 2013
I am not trying to go all the way vegan, just trying to eat more meatless meals. I need an easy transition and that means not a lot of ingredients to fix a good meatless meal. This book fits the bill!
on March 4, 2013
I love this cook book! I had been a vegetarian for five years and had always wanted to go vegan, but i didn't think there was anything vegans could eat and that vegan food was expensive and hard to make. This book dispelled all of my fears about becoming vegan! Most dishes rely on food that can be found in a normal grocery store and they all come together quickly even to someone like me who is pretty new to cooking. So far, I've made the tofu scampi with spinach, smoky chipotle-chocolate chili, green chile-tofu migas, jerk seitan and vegetable skillet, quick vegetable and quinoa soup, white bean and basil soup, avocado, dulse, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches, roasted ratatouille, and muffuletta pizza. The jerk seitan vegetable skillet is my favorite, but all of the recipes turned out wonderfully and my omnivousous mom and sister liked them a lot, too. Robertson also includes a lot a information about stocking your pantry and helpful basic recipes like seitan, pizza dough, pie dough, and vegetable stock. Very useful to know if your new to veganism or cooking in general. I highly recommend this book!
VINE VOICEon January 13, 2014
As a newbie in the vegan game I bought a number of vegan cookbooks looking for help in the transitioning period. Most of the other books have recipes that require days of shopping in every type of store imaginable to find items that no one I know has ever heard of much less purchased. In addition, the recipes required long extended periods to prepare and the taste was mediocre. This book is the exception. The ingredients are mostly common ones already on hand and the cooking time is reasonable. The taste of the recipes is good. This is a keeper. Of the ten books I purchased this is one of two that is worth keeping. The other one is "The Daily Vegan Planner". I highly recommend both of these books, especially if you are a newbie as I am.
on February 26, 2012
Glad to have ordered this book. Our family isn't vegan, but choose to eat this way a good portion of the time. I had thought I would prefer a book like "Earth Bound Chef", that included meat recipes as well, but I have plenty of ideas for meats, and a bigger demand for non-meat meals in my every day preparation...this book was an impulse buy...I checked EarthBound Chef out of the library instead f adding it to my Amazon tab, and so glad I did. This book is down to earth, simple, relying on very few specialty ingredients and full of recipes that can easily be amended or substituted. I especially like the sandwich section, which will help me create lunches for my sons and husband.
on May 7, 2013
I can't get over how fantastic this cookbook is. Positively delicious vegan meals in under 30 minutes? Is it possible? Yes, with Quick-Fix Vegan it most certainly is! I've had this cookbook for two weeks and I've been cooking exclusively from it during that time. Every meal I've made has been dynamite--and fast. I'd been eyeing this cookbook for months and can't believe I've waited this long to pick it up. Prior to purchasing it, Big Vegan was my go-to cookbook for most of my home-cookeded meals, but those recipes can be quite involved and, like Veganomicon and some of the Moosewood cookbooks, not every recipe was a winner. Not so with Quick-Fix Vegan. I don't know how she does it, but so far every recipe has been fantastic. I'm so pleased I bought this cookbook.
on September 7, 2014
I love the recipes. I should mention that I am an experienced cook -vegan and otherwise. I love the spices and ingredients like tahini in the salad dressings. I don't know that I would say all the recipes are 30 minutes or less. It depends on what you have the available. If you have to peel and mince your garlic for example, it may take longer. If you have experience cooking vegan, you know the recipes can take a little longer than just throwing a chunk of meat under the broiler. There is a vegan cookbook author I truly love, but if I am in a hurry, I don not even think about making one of his recipes which take 2 hours +.