More About the Author
I am Rafiq Elmansy (http://www.rafiqelmansy.com) is a book author and adjunct lecturer of design in the American University in Cairo. Also, I am an Adobe certified instructor, Adobe community professional, user group manager, and friend of Icograda. My 17 years experience includes working in the fields of creative design, web marketing, and creative management and own my design studio Pixel Consultations. I have many published books such as:
- Illustrator Foundations (http://bit.ly/AI-CS6), published by FocalPress.
- Teach Yourself Visually SEO (http://bit.ly/tyv_seo), published by Wiley.
- Photoshop 3D for Animators (http://bit.ly/PS-3D), published by FocalPress.
- Photoshop 3D for Animators (Japanese version) by Born Digital (http://www.borndigital.co.jp/book/detail.php?id=221).
- Quick Guide to Flash Catalyst (http://bit.ly/FlashCata), published by O'Reilly Media.
Many of my tutorials and articles are published in my own design magazine (http://www.graphicmania.net), Photographytuts (http://www.photographytuts.com), and other sites such as Adobe Inspire magazine, Communitymx.com, Graphicdesign.com, Activetuts, Smashing Magazine and more.
I am a lecturer and instructor in the field of graphic design, Adobe technologies, photography, and Web technologies. And I am proud to be a jury member of number of contests such as the Adobe Design Achievements Award, Poster For Tomorrow, and Annual Design Award.
I am part of Adobe prerelease program helping developing and testing many of the upcoming Adobe applications such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, and lately Adobe Creative Cloud.