Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Quick & Easy Low-Carb Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 18, 2011
The product arrived quickly and well packaged. But it is an old book and uses the old carb exchange system. The recipies allowed for too many carbs for my severe diabetes. I use a much more stict carb level akin to an Atkins system. This book I passed on to someone wanting to cut carbs but not severely. Using these recipies I would have run sugars that would have been much too high. I think the book encompanses older thinking that recommended too many carbs. It was an official opinion but one many now disagree with. Not for me but might be OK for some or milder diabetics.
on May 24, 2009
the cookbook is written in a consumer friendly way, the recipes are detailed and easy to follow. the book is divided into chapters that indicate how many carbs are in 1 serving of the recipe. i am glad that i was able to buy this book from amazon.com . it has helped me. thank you.
on August 19, 2013
Very easy to use receipes and I love the fact that i can fix anything with real flavors.This is a must have book.
on February 7, 2013
I am so unhappy with the recipes. I am trying to sell the book myself, just to get rid of it. There's nothing quick and easy about it. The recipes call for ingredients not available in Michigan.
on July 20, 2005
In reference to previous review-any diabetic, who has to watch their simple carb intake to live, knows that 1 carb exchange does equal 15 grams. That's the standard used by anyone, including doctors and dieticians for meal plans. As a diabetic, with a prescribed meal plan from a dietician, I am allowed anywhere from 45-75 grams of carbs for each meal, depending on which one of the three meals I am eating. This of course is also based on height and body weight. 20 grams of carbs per day is not healthy for a prolonged period of time. Best recomendation is moderation of a good mixture of fresh foods.
on June 28, 2005
This cookbook is NOT low carb. The editorial statement says that in the book 1 carb equals 15g carbohydrate. Pa-lease, give us all a break, many low carbers do not use more than 20g carb per day...let alone 15g or more per meal.