Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on February 18, 2007
I was a little worried that this product wouldn't stand up to it's name and that I would be wasting my money, but let me tell you, you will not regret purchasing this product, I finially got that 100 foot cord out of the way and wound it up in seconds, versus the old fashion hand and elbow routine...Highly recommended..
on February 12, 2008
Like other reviewers, I was hesitant to spend so much to keep an extension cord neat. I have owned it for some months now and found that it does everything as advertised. Winding and unwinding my 100' 12 gauge extension cord is a snap. It was well worth the money.
on April 11, 2012
Yes, it winds cord. And yes, it makes it convenient to carry the cord around. But a $10 Bayco cord reel does the same thing. My knock on the Bayco (and the reason I bought the Quick Winder) is that you have to completely remove the cord from the Bayco before you use it. But it turns out the Quick Winder is not much better. You must unwind all the cord you are going to need from the Quick Winder before plugging in. The reason: as the cord spins off the reel, the male end that plugs into the socket also spins around. So my idea of slowly pulling out sections of cord as I mowed the lawn didn't work with the Quick Winder. I still have to pull out 75 feet of cord and leave it on the ground waiting to be used. If you need additional cord from the Easy Winder, you must stop and unplug the cord from the wall before pulling out more. First time I used it, I managed to tangle the cord inside the reel, but I'm writing that off to operator error and not the Quick Winder. I also have a complaint about the flimsy handle. The thin metal carry handle feels like it could break away from the pail at any time and the skinny plastic handhold is uncomfortable in your palm as you carry the pail. I'm giving the Quick Winder 3 stars because, to me, the price doesn't justify the limited improvement over a product that costs 1/4 the price.
1515 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2011
The convenience of this item is worth the cost plus more. When it arrived, I was amazed at how simple it is - a bucket with holes cut out and a winder. Whoever thought of this is a genius - it makes dealing with 100 foot 12 gauge cord for my snowblower manageable instead of a nightmare. Seriously, I was at the point where I would shovel the snow if I possibly could rather than get out the electric snowblower and have to deal with the heavy cord issue and tangling, etc. Then afterwards trying to get the thing to wind around one of those $10 reel things when it was actually too big and heavy for it made shoveling look like an easier alternative. No more, this works like a charm - just did it twice - first time I left the wrong end in the top cavity but easily unwound it and did it the correct way to use with my snowblower. This is also USA made which makes it an even more attractive product to me. Never in my life did I think I would get this excited about a cord winder but after dealing with every other kind without success, this product is a home run out of the field great one! Deserves 10 **********.
on February 9, 2004
I bought this power cord holder after I saw it in one of those airplane mall magazines. I bought a heavy duty 100' cord and this bucket easily holds it. It is made of sturdy plastic. The only problem is that the bucket moves around when I am winding the cord. I solved this problem by just stepping on the corners with my feet. This is a great gadget.
on January 9, 2012
In 220-240 volt countries, our mains cables are half the thickness (for a given current rating) of those that would appear to have inspired this fabulous piece of "Ameri-Can-Do".

That makes them twice as easy to wrangle, ...HOWEVER...

...Kids of the world, wherever you are, if you want to see grown-ups cry, give them 100 or so metres (yards) of DATA cable to put away for re-using later.

Uh-huh. Herding cats. Cat.5 or Cat.6.

More tangles than a Rastafarian hairdressers' convention.

Not with this magic bucket.

Rather than run heavy and expensive audio cables all the way from my mixing position to a stage or performance area, I regularly send three (or maybe send two and receive one) separate audio channels via a 100 metre Cat.6 with RJ45 connectors moulded onto each end.

Bump in, do the job and bump out the same day or night, ...only now, since the Quick-Winder, the crying's much more likely to be over running out of beer than running out the cable.

When it's time to leave, standing on the bucket's flange and winding has reduced 10 to 40 minutes of agonising struggle (often accompanied by words that sound like "bucket") to an easy 2 to 5 minutes reeling-in, with no need to secure fragile ends with messy strings, dirt-collecting rip ties or sticky residue-spreading electrical tape.

A small hint for retrieval: placing the bucket so the cable has to drag "up hill" into the bottom of the winder's mouth (winding from an elevated spot, such as a rostrum, stage or even the top of a road case) makes the bucket's "gravity feed" pack a "doughnut" that's both tighter and more even, hence easier to pay out on the next job.

It's also better to squat next to it while winding, rather than bend the back. In my experience, this is made easier by children of all ages (7 to 70) seeming quite happy to stand on a flange for a "ringside" view of the reeling-in, such is the amazement and amusement generated by the seemingly miraculous simplicity of the thing.

I also reckon it can probably take almost double the length of Cat.6 that I'm using, but, aside from weight issues, overloading will definitely cause jams, rendering the purchase pointless.

For that bigger load, (and some hints for making it easier to handle) check out my review of its "bigger brother", the QuickWinder RAP-200 Reel for Air Hose, Fiber Optic Cable or Electric Cord.

They're great all-round products that look as though they'll last and last.

At these prices, I really don't care if they don't.
on July 11, 2011
One thing I have never been good at is keeping my extension cords untangled. Even thought I would wind my 100' cable around hand to my elbow, there would always be a knot when going back to use it again, despite my very best efforts to keep it straight. My dad looked at me funny the first time I brought this bucket out and pulled some of the cord out, but after he saw me wind it up back into the bucket in about 10 seconds, I saw that his facial expression changed.

I have a 100' cord in it right now, and for my use, it is all I need. This is a simple product which has eliminated a constant and irritating cord tangling problem that I have had for years.

The one thing I would suggest is making sure you have about 5-7 feet of cord at the top of the bucket so you can have some freedom to place the product near an outlet that may not be totally accessible.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 28, 2011
I've used all kinds of other cord reels and winders, and they all had problems. Some busted knuckles when cranked, some couldn't handle long or thick cords, and some were simply difficult to use. This item is simple to use, can handle very long, heavy duty 12/3 cords with no problem, and won't choke when multiple cords are plugged into each other.

Some other devices have more convenient features, but this one has the best execution. It allows you to leave several feet at the top of the bucket so you can easily plug in your cord regardless of how much has been unwound. But you can't leave it plugged in while unwinding, or unwind conveniently without stepping on a corner. That can make your position less than ideal, but hardly a problem. Overall, these are not weaknesses but trade offs.

The bottom line is that there's simply no other solution I've found for large and thick cords, and not only can this handle the task, but it can handle it with ease. The one reservation I had was that it might end up being like a hose reel where you may have to distribute things evenly to get things to work, but this device proved otherwise. A consistently easy cranking is all it takes from one end to the other.
on November 5, 2012
I have an electric weed eater and now an electric lawn mower. Have tried other cord winders. All required unwinding the cord completely to expose the plug so that it could be plugged in. Not this baby!

You feed the plug plus about 8' of cord from the winding chamber to the tray at the top of the bucket, then wrap that length of cord in the top. It's easy, just takes moments. THEN you wind up the rest of the cord, which is a piece of cake.

When using the cord, you unwind as much as you need BEFORE removing the top length of cord from its tray and plugging in.

The whole business is light and easy to carry to the appropriate outlet.

Makes my yard chores 100% easier.
on March 9, 2011
I am using this great reel with 100 feet of 12/3 and it a perfect fit. This tool is very handy and just works. I'm thinking this may also be good for long strains of Christmas lights. The construction is good and the materials are strong. I'm glad I purchased it and I will be buying another one. I live in hurricane land and when the lights go out I'm running extension cords all over the house to my generators; this reel will keep my heavy duty extension cords neat and ready for use.