Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: QuickBooks 2007 For Dummies
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 12, 2007
I own a single employee service based business and recently made the jump from Quicken Home & Business to Quickbooks 2007 to prepare for growth, (and to appease my accountant). Quickbooks will take several hours to set up and get running for most people, and nothing beats good old trial and error experience, but this book helped a ton, especially when initially researching and preparing the initial "defining" of my company file. I own several Dummies' books, have always been a fan of the style of writing, and this book is no exception. Presently, it is the only book I have assisting me in running Quickbooks, and so far, it has been sufficient.
on February 10, 2007
First, if you're running your own business you are required by law to keep accounting records using some sort of common-sense accounting system that clearly reflects income. That's net income, after legitimate expenses. The IRS wants their share, and if you don't have an accounting system, they will do it for you and you won't like the result.

Second, why use QuickBooks? 1. Using a computer is a lot easier than doing it by hand. 2. QuickBooks is cheap (especially on eBay), fast, easy to use, and well accepted by big brother at an audit.

Why use this book to learn QuickBooks? 1. Stephen Hunter has been doing Quickbooks books since at least 2000, he's had lots of practice, lots of time to expand areas that were unclear or to fix errors. 2. For Dummies books are well written, well edited, just a bit of humor in between the dull computer stuff.

Of course being QuickBooks 2007 this book is up to date with the most current version of the software. You just as well stay up to date as it reflects the latest changes in the tax code, and it doesn't cost that much more.
on March 13, 2007
Perfect explanation for the basics of Quickbooks although not for specific versions but information applies to all versions.
on February 10, 2008
If you are just getting started with QuickBooks, then you really should get this book! QuickBooks is easy to use, provided it is set up properly. This book will help you understand QuickBooks so you can get started on the right foot. If you're already familiar with QuickBooks, there is plenty of information so you're sure to learn something new! It is a great resource to have on hand!

Michelle L. Long, CPA, MBA
Author of: Successful QuickBooks Consulting: The Comprehensive Guide to Starting and Growing a QuickBooks Consulting Business
Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Member of Intuit Certified Trainer Network
on March 24, 2014
This book is so informative and FUNNY!! Mr. Nelson is so witty, I ended up reading the whole book. Even the parts that don't apply to what I am doing...just because I wanted to see what funny things he would say. I highly recommend it for anyone who uses QuickBooks 2007. I learned some cool tips!
on April 4, 2013
This book convinced me that Quickbooks is not for me, so in that regard it was great. Other than that, this is the typical "Dummies" book, containing way too much chatter and opinion interspersed with the truly useful information. "Dummies" books make me impatient - even though the pertinent material may be exactly what I need, it's hard to wade through the babble to get to it.
on January 14, 2009
When I used QuickBooks several years ago, I really struggled with it. When I came out of retirement, I decided to try a Dummies book to learn how to use a newer version of QuickBooks. What a difference it made! QuickBooks for Dummies "walked me" through familiarizing myself with the program; and I now enjoy working in QuickBooks. The Dummies books are very easy to understand; and they are written so you don't get frustrated while learning something new. The books are especially helpful when you are trying to learn a new software program.
on September 3, 2008
The Quickbooks 2007 for Dummies purchased was an excellent value. It covers everything I needed to know and it applies to all versions of Quickbooks 2007. Every time I purchase a software program there is never an instruction book included (unlike a few years ago) so I always go straight to Amazon and purchase that software name "for Dummies" (even though I am no "dummy" when it comes to computers).
The book was in excellent condition, arrived timely and shipping is always reasonable for books from Amazon!
on March 5, 2012
This books helped to flaten the learning curve. Helped a lot to get started and also to look up special functions. Always on my site when I use QuickBooks.
on December 25, 2012
No so good.

This book has some info that was helpfil but not as much as expected. I will not tell my students to use it.