5.0 out of 5 stars Excellently Insightful and easy to read
Published on May 2, 2009 by Anthony Kemp

3.0 out of 5 stars good reference, but not connecting the dots...
Published on May 25, 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellently Insightful and easy to read, May 2, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I have been using QuickBooks for the last 5 years and I recently became a quickbooks pro advisor and have access to Intuit training and support information. Despite that I would buy this book every year! It is well written - providing a lot of practical information and basic examples of why you would or would not use certain features. The advantage with third party books is that they will tell you when a feature does not work the best and will tell you work arounds. I use this as a reference book, and to refresh me on features I may not be using. I seem always to learn a new tid bit whenever I pick it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Guidebook, April 3, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I love this book! I have no formal training in accounting, but I don't need it thanks to The Missing Manual. Basic concepts are explained in a lively, conversational style, and if you already know that material you could skip around to what you need with ease. Don't give up on QuickBooks Pro 2009 until you get this book! NOTE: Does NOT cover the Mac version of QuickBooks.

3.0 out of 5 stars good reference, but not connecting the dots..., May 25, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
accounting is tricky. credit dedit... learning on the fly is my usual way to get through something new. quickbooks IS easier than some software products, but not easy enough to hack through it. their support center is huge seeming but i rarely get a direct reply to my questions... i got this book for these reasons. and as a reference it is thorough, very detailed and written well, it does not tie things together like i needed it too... still searching, may end up in a class or formal training situation after all...

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed - no help to my business, September 12, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Have been using Quickbooks for three years and want to move beyond basic record keeping (expenses, income & payroll) and into more analysis of my business practices - job profitability, etc. This book seems great in telling you what you can do within the Quickbooks program, but little guidance in applying it to real life situations. For a Quickbooks beginner its probably too complex and for an experienced user trying to improve their skills, too simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers all the basics using step-by-step instructions and easy language, February 13, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Learn how to set up QuickBooks files, track inventory, follow money from customer invoices to deposit, and more with a guide to Quickbooks packed with real-world advice. This should be the starting point for any Quickbooks user: it covers all the basics using step-by-step instructions and easy language. Small business owners using Quickbooks and libraries catering to them will find it invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my sanity!, May 12, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I love this book! I was sinking in a quagmire of Quickbooks errors. After I got this book I started over, and I have found answers to all of my questions here. It is so easy to do the bookkeeping after everything is set up correctly and this book helps you to do that. My copy is marked and highlighted and flagged and obviously frequently used as a reference. Indispensable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really helps to have this book, July 25, 2009
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
This is a good book as far as quick books goes. It had some insight that the "Official Guide" did not have. I would have to recommend it along with the other two if you are serious about understanding this program. Do youself a favor and buy the other two books. QuickBooks 2009 The Official Guide, and QuickBooks 2009 Solutions Guide to go along with it. One of those three will most likely have the answers that you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW YOU CAN REALLY LEARN QUICKBOOKS!!, August 12, 2009
QuickBooks Pro 2009

WOW!! THIS BOOK MAKES QUICKBOOKS UNDERSTANDABLE FOR SOMEONE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNTING DEGREE. I WAS AFRAID I WOULD HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR $500 IN CLASSES JUST TO KEEP TRACK OF ONE SMALL BUSINESS. THANK YOU FOR CREATING "THE MISSING MANUAL". I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU.

QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual

THIS IS TRULY "THE BOOK THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE BOX!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Quickbooks 2009 The Missing Manual, July 14, 2009
Tara (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I read a bunch of books about Quickbooks 2009. This book was the easiest to understand and is perfect for teaching how to do quickbooks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quickbooks, Reference Material, Office Tools, August 28, 2014
This review is from: QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
This manual is a very useful, adjunct informational tool for running QuickBooks efficiently. I discovered many entries that needed correcting and this book helped me restructure my QuickBooks. I found more efficient ways to modify my reports and it has made a huge difference in my tracking expenses. I recommend this book to the beginner and moderate user. It helps the user go from novice to pro. The language is clear and easy to follow. Not a technical manual by any means. I would describe it as practical and useful for all levels of user.

QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual
QuickBooks 2009: The Missing Manual by Bonnie Biafore (Paperback - November 10, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01