Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Software Download|Change
Price:$345.49 - $369.95

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 24, 2013
I HAVE BEEN USING QB SINCE 1993 WHEN VERSION 1.0 CAME OUT AND BEEN USING QB PAYROLL SINCE IT'S INCEPTION. OUR BUSINESS PURCHASED QB PRO 2012 WITH ENHANCED PAYROLL WITH A ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION AND INSTALLED IT IN DECEMBER OF 2012. OUR ENHANCED PAYROLL SERVICE DOES NOT EXPIRE UNTIL THE END OF 2013. WE RECEIVED AN IN EMAIL FROM THAT STATE: "Your annual subscription for Intuit QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll will be automatically renewed on 11/22/2013 at a price of $449, plus tax where applicable. The charge will appear as "Intuit QB Payroll" on the credit card listed below. You will also receive an email renewal confirmation notice on the day your credit card is charged." OUR ENHANCED PAYROLL SERVICE WAS PREMATURELY CANCELLED/TERMINATED WHEN I TOOK MY CREDIT CARD INFO OFF THE ACCOUNT SO THAT QB PAYROLL COULD NOT CHARGE ME $449. WHEN WE HAVE ALREADY ORDERED QB PRO 2014 WITH ENHANCED PAYROLL FOR ONE YEAR FOR $279.

NOW WE CANNOT FILE OUR FEDERAL QUARTERLY PAYROLL TAX RETURNS NOR MAKE PAYROLL TAX DEPOSITS EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE PAID FOR THE SERVICES. I AM REFERRING THIS MATTER TO THE WASHINGTON STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO CHARGE CUSTOMERS FOR SERVICES FOR A YEAR AND THEN CANCEL THOSE SERVICES BEFORE A YEAR HAS EXPIRED. I AM REALLY TIRED OF THE EXTORTION THAT QB PAYROLL HAS RESORTED TO IN ORDER TO FORCE CUSTOMER INTO PAYING OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNTS. THE ENHANCED PAYROLL CAN BE PURCHASED AS A PACKAGE WITH THE LATEST QB PRO FOR $170 LESS. WE HAVE CHOSEN THIS OPTION, BUT QB PAYROLL HAS TERMINATED OUR SERVICE PREMATURELY AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE (ON HOLD FOR OVER 2 HOURS) WITH THEIR CUSTOMER DIS-SERVICE DEPARTMENT IGNORING THIS MATTER AND ATTEMPTING TO HAVE ME GIVE UP AND HANG UP. QB PAYROLL IS NOT ALONE IN THIS PRACTICE OF CUSTOMER DIS-SERVICE WITH THEIR CALL CENTER TACTICS.

AFTER BEING A PAYING CUSTOMER OF INTUIT QB PRO, PREMIER, PAYROLL AND ENHANCED PAYROLL SINCE 1993, I WILL BE SWITCHING OUR BUSINESS AND PAYROLL SOFTWARE TO A COMPANY THAT HAS ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES AND HIGH CUSTOMER RATINGS. OUR TRUE RATING IS A -10, WHICH IS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE INTUIT USE TO BE A GOOD COMPANY.

FEED UP WITH INTUIT IN SPOKANE, WA
1212 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Demolitionman,
I can understand your frustration, and I'd like to look into this with you. Can you please email me your account information, so I can review the problem, and see what has been done so far? It is not our policy to renew customers a month early, I have reported this and I have someone looking into that as we speak. I apologize for the experience you have had with our support team, this is definitely not the experience we are striving for. Please be aware the product advertised on Amazon for 2014 is a little bit different that the product that you would have renewed, which is why you see the pricing differences. Please email me at Ask_Intuit@Intuit.com Atttn: Staci with your account information so that I can start to take a look at it.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and I look forward to resolving this with you.
Staci
on January 20, 2014
I bought QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll the same as I have the past five years. When I received it, the back side of the box says that it only covers ONE employee, not the THREE employees that it has covered for years, even though the sales price was the same as in previous years. I went back to the Amazon description and found the one-employee limitation is mentioned in teeny-tiny footnote print. To cover three employees, you have to pay another forty-eight dollars. Plus, it sounds like you have to give Intuit your charge card number and they force automatic renewal on you -- no doubt at an even higher price than going through Amazon.

I feel totally abused and ripped-off by Intuit. Will they ever start caring about their customers and not just trying to milk them and dupe them?

2/20/2014 Update: It took an hour of calling to activate this payroll subscription. The software told me to call 866-223-5562 to activate, but the automaton at that number said that it is no longer used for payroll activation. Online chat gave me another number to call. When I finally got to a real person after 4 different dead-end menu tries, they had to transfer me to yet another area for activation. As noted by others, I had to give them a credit card number and to sign up for auto-renewal next year, which will cost $374 for the first employee rather than the $200 Amazon price.

Intuit is the worst company that I have had to deal with in 26 years of PC software usage.
on January 13, 2014
Intuit will not activate this product unless you provide a valid credit card number and sign up for auto-renewal of the payroll service. While they say you can cancel the service, it can't be done until after you have provided credit card info. To require credit card info after one has legally purchased a product is tantamount to fraud. I don't want my credit card info sitting in Intuit's database.
on January 21, 2014
QB Payroll does a good job, but there is a dangerous "gotcha" for which I have deducted 3 stars ... see my call (below) for a class-action lawsuit to punish Intuit for its unethical and dangerous (to customers) business model.

Even after you pay in full for this product, Quickbooks refuses to activate Payroll unless you provide a credit card that they can STORE "on file" (who knows where) - and use for extra charges and automatic renewal one year from now, without your specific pre-approval. (They notify you on the SAME day that they charge your credit card at double the rate.) Quicken/Intuit's use of this practice amounts to extortion, since they have no significant competitors who offer a reasonable, alternative payroll service that does not require a "credit card on file". Quicken/Intuit estimates that its market share is close to a monopoly at 70%, with 15 million users. That means that they can do whatever they want, including treating their customers with contempt.

After the recent theft of credit card information from Target and other companies, it has become very clear that individuals and companies should not allow any online retailer or service provider to retain "on file" any of their personal or business credit card information. Allowing any company to REQUIRE the retention of your credit card details causes an unacceptable security risk, and must be prevented by law. That credit card information can be stolen by hackers and used to make unauthorized charges that damage your credit and security. The practice can also lead to identity theft. No online company's computers are immune to break-in and information theft.

Quicken/Intuit stores everything that is needed to commit credit card fraud: your name and address, card number, expiration date, and the 3-digit security code. And they can bill you hundreds of dollars to renew their service automatically, even if you have died in the meantime, and make it difficult for your survivors to challenge the credit card charges.

Congress should pass legislation that prevents any company from requiring STORAGE of any credit card information as a condition of service. In the meantime, I would be happy to join a class-action lawsuit against Intuit's practice of requiring a credit card on file as a condition of doing business. It's time to interrupt Intuit's unethical business model.

Another reviewer explains how to he used this Amazon-purchased product to RENEW your Payroll service. He wrote: If you used a previously version of Payroll with your QB there is no way to activate the subscription unless you call Intuit/Payroll. They will provide you with a new Service Key and the instructions to change it in your QB.
on February 1, 2014
I have used QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll for several years. Okay, since the recession, when cutting the expense of a payroll service was an easy way to save money. I also realized that the payroll service would take some of our money (federal unemployment) in January, and not submit that money to the government until it was due one year later. Enough of that.

Initial set up wasn't too difficult, especially because I had the payroll service data for comparison. Once you struggle through the first couple of payrolls, it becomes routine. Renewal should be simple. Your information is already in the program, right? Here is my issue with Intuit. Intuit will auto-renew your payroll subscription. Thoughtful, right? The problem is they renew at a high price. I have purchased this software here on Amazon and at big box office supply stores for as much as $200 less than Intuit charges. I have called Intuit tech support and asked that auto-renewal be turned off. I could not find a way to turn it off inside the program, so I had to call. When I complained on the phone about not being able to turn off the auto-renewal myself, I was told that payroll was so important that Intuit wanted to ensure continuity of service for their customers. Um, okay. The last two, and perhaps three years, Intuit renewed our payroll service anyway. So I have to call and get that charge reversed. I was told most recently by tech support that it's best to call before your renewal day and explain that you have purchased another year of service and give Intuit the codes. That is another tip: they just need the service codes. If you try to renew by installing the software from a cd, the program may try to make you start from scratch with set up.

I like the product, but I am tired of the renewal game.
on January 10, 2014
You do not have to download the huge file that is indicated on Amazon's purchase page. If you try, you may get errors. Just download the initial file and get to the window with the license number. Then call intuit and they will help you install the service; 866-223-5562. Intuit's automated phone system is a pain, I got caught in a loop that kept bringing me back to the main menu, had to inputting my EIN repeatedly, only to have them ask for it again when I reached a representative. When you get to the option of selecting a problem with your account or a problem with the software, select account. Once you reach a live customer service rep, they are friendly and effective (thanks Jenny) and will get you set up in just a few minutes.
The actual product works fine, but if there was a serious alternative I might try it. I am irritated with Intuit's business practice of lobbying against being able to file taxes directly with the government, keeping things complicated keep's them collecting money.
That's why I like the FairTax.
on March 28, 2014
Quickbooks sent me a notice that I am being locked out of payroll unless I pay $2/employee for their service. I don't use direct deposit, I only create three paychecks bi-weekly and I use the "included" e-filing methods. So what is the $2.00 charge for I asked them??? Their reply, "in your case nothing, but we still have to charge you". WHAT! I then receive an email that basically was trying to make me look like an idiot, depicting screenshots of the box. Here is my reply to them: "You are showing me shots of the inside cover and side panel of the box. As you can see for my shot, the only pictures available are the cover and some tutorial videos. Since I have been a user of QB for many years, I did not feel the need to review the tutorials. I picked the product that I have always used, unaware of this major change and the financial impact it had on companies. So if your management thinks that these shots of the box should wash their hands clean, they should think again. By not clearly defining this "New" feature predominantly on the box cover was sneaky and underhanded.

I have already looked at several new accounting programs that I will be switching over to at the beginning of the new year. It's really too bad how greed has taken over the company. I have always liked Quickbooks, but now I do not trust this company. I will probably write my reviews on Amazon and the accounting forums too. I hope I will discourage others from getting involved in Quickbooks - save them the grief of deceitful practices and poor, unAmerican service."

They really need to learn a lesson - they are creating their own bad karma.
on January 27, 2014
I'm on my third phone call to activate my Amazon purchased payroll key. First you must find the phone number and then hope you are not hung up on. Seriously. The automated voice tells you to go to the support site and find the appropriate number to call for support. The appropriate number repeats this message when you call. I can only assume this screwing with customers is to facilitate Intuit's double-priced auto renew program.
PS Intuit has figured a way to scam our credit card numbers: You must pay a monthly fee for anything over a single employee. I know that next year I will be charged full price for payroll and have to go through hell to get a refund.
Scum.
As for the software: I needed to revise a 941. HAH! Good luck with that. Intuit wouldn't tell me, nor is it in their support, on how to do it. I figured out the different tax form number (no help from software) but Intuit would only partially complete the tax form and it was up to me to do the math (just what you want when dealing with the IRS) and print it (no efile allowed for no known reason).
on February 23, 2014
If you think you are getting what Intuit offers its current Enhanced Payroll customers you will be sadly disappointed. You will wind up paying at least as much, if not more. Too bad they are not transparent in their selling of this product. It is enough to make me give up on QuickBooks.
on December 27, 2013
I use Quickbooks and love it, but this payroll charges a fee each time you pay your employees. That is not true if you only have one employee, and the fee is small, but I cant have that kind of hassle. I am paying a one time yearly fee instead.