4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good With Caveats
There are large, loud, and passionate debates about QB on the web, and many of the complaints people have are well-founded. But I've used just about every sort of accounting program out there and keep coming back to QuickBooks despite its shortcomings.

First of all, I'm not a trained accountant. While I do understand basic accounting concepts, and can look at a...
Published on February 6, 2012 by Analog Cocktail

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars More of the Same from QuickBooks
Despite all of the hoopla surrounding each new version, this version offers nothing new to 99.9% of users. As a CPA I have helped clients with QuickBooks for over 15 years and during that time I have seen a steady erosion in the usefulness of the program. It is large and cumbersome and much slower than older versions. My experience with the maker, Intuit is that they...
Published on October 18, 2011 by Joshua Lee

‹ Previous | 122 23 2464 | Next ›

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars 2 masters degrees and 4+ hours and still NO quickbooks, March 11, 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
This may be a good product but I have been working on moving a non-profit from quickbooks 2002 to this product for more than 4 hours and still do not have any data in the files.

I have a backup disk and no access to the original 'hard drive'. There are currently two high tech workers with masters trying to upload this with no success.

DO NOT PURCHASE. Intuit is only available M-F and there are thousands of people with the same issue on community websites and blogs but NOTHING from Intuit support.

Waste of time and money!

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:21:57 PM PDT
If you are having problems getting your file to upgrade we would be happy to help. We have specialty agents who can help with upgrading. Please contact me at markd@intuit.com and let me know when it would be convenient for a specialty agent to reach out to you so we can get your data recovered.
Mark, QuickBooks Customer Care

1.0 out of 5 stars Forced to buy a Product I Do Not Want, March 11, 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
I use Quickbooks for one purpose - to organize expenses through a feed from my bank for 2 business. My needs over the past decade have not changed. The product that I purchased 10 years ago would work just fine, except, Intuit CUTS OFF ITS FUNCTIONALITY - so you have to buy another version of software, independent of whether you need it. It's like buying a car and the manufacturer puts in a trigger that automatically kills the engine after 3 years so you have to buy another one. The only worse part is that unlike the car, you have to go back to the same manufacturer if you don't want all your effort to be wasted. It's a poor way of selling products, and long term does not engender any good will. Intuit, I regret the day I ever starting using your product - I should have tried Microsoft Money!

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:18:02 PM PDT
Thank you so much for writing these reviews. We really value hearing from our customers, especially when they are telling us how to improve.
We have to test all of the QuickBooks code along with each external service it works with. We have to do that for every update and new version we release. We provide multiple updates and fixes to QuickBooks over the course of three years that requires a lot of work for our testing teams and takes away from the time we can spend working on new time saving tools. Also, to provide the best customer support experience, we have our agents focus on the most recent versions of QuickBooks. So, we limit the number of version years of QuickBooks that we support and continue to test.
I may have some other options for you as far as upgrading that would help you avoid this discontinuation policy in the future. If you are interested in talking them over with me you can reach me at markd@intuit.com.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars These reviews changed my decision to purchase this product, March 10, 2012
I purchased the 2010 simple start program and needed to upgrade to the pro 2012 for exporting and importing reasons but reading the reviews on here has helped my decision to not purchase it. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for reviewing this product and giving us small business owners a heads up on this rotten company and their money grabbing efforts. Intuit you just lost my business because of the reviews on amazon, this should be a wake up for you to fix what the people are saying. Just read the reviews and fix them, stop charging for services that should be included like payroll. Give the people what they need and you will sell more products. My transition to mobile based accounting has semi forced me out of the quickbooks and i honestly couldn't be happier, that's pretty bad to say about an accounting software!! I suggest if your a small business and need better software, its out there. Good luck intuit and to everyone out there, thanks.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 10:00:41 PM PDT
Thank you or taking the time to voice your concerns. So, why do we have a "service discontinuation policy"? The reality is you can use QuickBooks for as long as you want. I know you use external services that work with QuickBooks like payroll, credit card processing, connecting to online bank accounts, use email services to send invoices or have a Customer Care plan, you have to be on one of the last three versions of QuickBooks. Why would we do that? At the end of the day all the services cost money to develop and maintain the infrastructure and support.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful when you call their hotline number!!, March 7, 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
I called the number on Quickbooks' website to get information about the product before I opened it. I did not understand one single word the operator was saying. It was obvious I was talking to somebody in India. I politely threw in a "uh huh" whenever there was a pause on his end. If I understood correctly (once again, he was very incoherent) he couldn't really answer my questions but insisted that I open up the program and try installing it and mentioned that I shall have no worries with their 60 day money back guarantee. He then asked me for my number. I thought he was asking for my phone number so I made one up. He then clarified that he wanted my credit card number. I asked him why. I did not understand what reasons he was giving me for needing my credit card number as he had a very thick accent. He then again asked me for my credit card number. I then got freaked out and hung up. Be very weary when calling their hotline number. I am glad that I didn't open up the software so I can just return it hassle-free at the place that I bought it. Seriously, if I couldn't understand their answers to basic product inquiries, imagine what would lie ahead if I tried to install their program and had difficulties and needed to call them for technical support. I think I would just end up throwing the whole program in the garbage out of frustration, that is if they haven't tricked me into divulging my credit card info to them while seeking technical support and later find out that they charges me ridiculous amounts of "service charges" without my knowledge. Their 60 day money back guarantee also sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I could just picture them claiming they never received the product once I ship it out for a refund. I really don't understand how people can support companies that outsource their service centres overseas. I especially don't understand how people could tolerant incoherent "don't speak English as a first language and barely able to speak it as a second or third language" operators that represent a product that is marketed to an English-speaking market. Seems like the makers of Quickbooks are very inconsiderate to their customers if that is the service they feel they are entitled to provide them with. It really bothers me that they straight out asked me for my credit card information. If I had installed the program before calling them, I would have probably given them that information thinking that if I refused they would not help me with installation.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:06:00 PM PST
Hi cynthia333 ,
I want to apologize for the experience you had when calling QuickBooks Service department. This is not the experience that you want to provide to our valued customers.
Please reach out to me at markd@intuit.com so that I can make things right for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars QuickBooks 2012, March 6, 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
My new CPA uses QuickBooks, so I am having to switch and adapt. I've used PCLaw for many years. In many ways, QB is a good program, but in some ways it really is not. I have a solo law practice and need time & billing, Trust Accounting other really necessary items which are not retail-oriented. QB is aimed toward the retail merchant, not a lawyer -- I can't speak to how compatible it is to other professions. It is not easily adaptable to setting up Escrow or Trust Accounts; it does not really lend itself to legal services statement billing; invoices look too "local retailer" than the billing statements which PCLaw produces (naturally); it is not customizable; you can't change the fonts on checks or deposit slips. I had to buy a separate book on how to apply QB to a law practice and then buy the un-included reference manual because the on-line help, while good, is a pain to use. QB seems to be Quicken on steroids but without the benefits of 'roids. I'm told I will eventually learn to like QB. I can't wait for the future! Would I buy QB again? Hard to predict.

Ken G.

1.0 out of 5 stars It won't install, March 4, 2012
Charles Rushing (LOXAHATCHEE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I hesitated at purchasing because of the bad reviews but I inherited an earlier version of quickbooks with this company and was hoping for an upgrade. I am now in day four of trying to get it to install. My IT person has given up and I am now trying things on my own. Unfortunately we live in a country that is 12 hours away from EST so getting verbal help is all but impossible. If I can get my money back I'd want it. Charles

This Mark fellow sent me an email and I still haven't got the problem resolved. He never contacted me back, their promised help is bogus.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 1:33:38 PM PST
Hi Charles,
I understand that you are frustrated about the time that you have spent trying to get QuickBooks installed with no resolution. I want to apologize for your experience and help you get your business up and running. Please reach out to me at markd@intuit.com and so my techincal resources can resolve your issue.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Question re number of computers I can use it on, February 10, 2012
QuickBooks Pro 2012 [Download]This is a question before a purchase....I have 3 laptops and not sure which one I will load it to. I have an EEE netbook with XP, a Gateway with Vista and a cheaper Compaq with Windows 7. Not sure which one I would like to be able to use it on. I would like to use the eee netbook when on the road and one of the larger ones at home. Any help?

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 10:00:11 PM PST
Hi ron,

The rule of thumb (system requirements) to run Quickbooks Pro 2012 includes Windows XP SP2 or later to Windows 7, a 2.0 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, and at least 2.5 GB of disk space.

Your netbook may meet all the requirements, but you may have a better experience (and more piece of mind) running Quickbooks on a more robust laptop or PC.

Yes, you can also move a company file from one computer to another computer. If you want the steps, then you can email me at markd@intuit.com and I'll send them to you.

Thanks!

Mark, Quickbooks Customer Care

1.0 out of 5 stars Attention Quikbooks, September 30, 2012
I know this post most likely will not be read by anyone of importance with quickbooks and even if it were would they do anything to change. I have been tasked with purchasing accounting software for my wifes newly formed law practice. She asked me to look into quickbooks.

Ok, after reading numerous reviews here I consider it looked into and passed over. I haven't ever used quickbooks but this is exactly the kind of company I avoid doing business with. The kind that lock you into something and then focus on trying to wring every cent they can out of you. No thanks Quickbooks.

1.0 out of 5 stars thanks for the info, April 29, 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
I have an old version of QB I was planning on buying a new updated software but after reading the reviews I will have to go somewhere else.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 3:24:38 PM PDT
Hi CMG,

Thank you for your review. It's difficult to convince someone QuickBooks is a good accounting software when they haven't tried it to see if it meets their business needs. We offer a free 30 day trial of our product. We encourage you to try it out before you determine if it will not work for your business. You can download the trial at http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/about_quickbooks/trials.jsp. We appreciate you reading through other reviews and getting our customer's perspectives on why they feel QuickBooks may or may not work for them. If you get a chance I encourage you to read the 100+ 4 and 5 star reviews of our software for a different perspective. These positive posts highlight how Quickbooks saves small businesses time and money. For any posts where a customer has an issue or feedback, we try to reach out to provide solutions which I hope helps alleviate some concerns.

Regards,

Mark, QuickBooks Customer Care

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Forced update - don't start in with Quickbooks, March 28, 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
I have been using Quickbooks products for 15 years and am looking for another product to get me out of this terrible loop where I am FORCED to update to mediocre "improved" versions like this one, which also happened to require a hardware update.

I wanted to perhaps try their online version instead. After a few hours with customer support I eventually was told that my company file was too large. But hey, I could always just start essentially from scratch and enter in 15 years of info into my newly created online profile.

QB Pro 2012 is bulky and slow and I am re-inspired to find another solution.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 2:06:15 PM PDT
Cara,

Thank you for your review. If you don't make use of live technical support or any of our add-on services and are happy with your current version of QuickBooks, you can continue to use it. Things to consider when using older products is your operating system. If you have a newer operating system, the older software my not function properly for you.

With 15 years of data in QuickBooks I can imagine the size of your data file. Even archiving and condensing your data file may not improve the performance issue. No one ever wants to start over, especially after 15 years of data however in your case, it's the best option we can offer. You can import over your customer, vender and item lists so you aren't essentially starting from scratch. I apologize for not having a better answer for you.

Thank you for your feedback.
Andrea Rahn, QuickBooks Customer Care

‹ Previous | 122 23 2464 | Next ›

QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION]
QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] by Intuit, Inc. (Windows)
Used & New from: $799.99