4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, however, be careful how you buy the program
We like the new version, slightly different look, but easy to learn.
We purchase a 3 Site Program delivered in a CD format.
Hugh Mistake.
There are a number of upgrade issued after the CD was manufactured.
The upgrades caused over six (6) hours of work through the QuickBooks technical department to solve the issues.

CONCLUSION: PURCHASE THE...
Published 11 months ago by John A. Blank

2.0 out of 5 stars Forcing Costly Upgrades
Published 8 months ago by C. Rash

2.0 out of 5 stars Forcing Costly Upgrades, March 19, 2014
I am also a small business owner and once again am frustrated that the upgrade is being forced on us. I have used Qkbks since 1997 because it was a simple reasonably priced program. And through the years, our accounting needs have not changed much. Intuit claims there are customers out there that have needs that require Intuit to add more and more features to their program and that has costs and blah, blah, blah. Well then let those customers that need more pay for more advanced versions of a program. There are still many of us that don't have those advanced needs. Growth can be a great thing and Intuit absolutely should cater to those needs for those customers. But they are forgetting about the little guy that would like to continue using their small and simple accounting program - the one that was once good and affordable.

LISTEN TO US INTUIT - YOUR PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AFFORDABLE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES! Why are you not hearing this?? This economy requires us small businesses to be smart and diligent to be able to survive and we have to do business with the right people and companies in order to be successful. INTUIT is no longer one of those companies. Not only has the product and pricing surpassed the reach of the small business, the customer service and support is a true joke. Wake up and pay attention to your customers and not just the financial statement. In case you have forgotten, those two things do go hand in hand!!

I am stuck with your program until someone else decides that we small businesses are important customers too. But I would like to know - is "stuck" really the word you want customers saying when talking about your product? That is definitely how I have felt for many years now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, however, be careful how you buy the program, December 23, 2013
We like the new version, slightly different look, but easy to learn.
We purchase a 3 Site Program delivered in a CD format.
Hugh Mistake.
There are a number of upgrade issued after the CD was manufactured.

CONCLUSION: PURCHASE THE PROGRAM IN THE DOWNLOAD VERSION, because all upgrades are automatically included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cautiously Optimistic, March 15, 2014
I have used Quickbooks for many years in running two Companies. The current 2011 version was working fine,did all that was needed and I saw no need to upgrade to a newer version. But just as with Quicken, Intuit found a way to Blackmail me into buying their new version with the threat that Payroll would no longer function unless I upgraded. This Sucks particularly bad since I pay several hundred dollars per year to them for the payroll function.
I shopped around a bit and found that Amazon had pretty much the best price ,so I ordered there. Product came on time and was not damaged in transit. I got the disk version as I did not want to chance problems upgrading such an important program by doing it with a download.
I was very apprehensive about upgrading this program after all the problems encountered with the new version of Quicken which I also use for personal accounting. Intuit is already up to 7 upgrades on the new version of Quicken so it was clearly not ready for prime time when launched.
The install of Qb2014 went off without a hitch..No problems whatsoever. It didn't lose any data or settings on any of the three computers on which it is used. I am still able to access both companies through our network just as before. So Kudos to Intuit for not Screwing up my Companies.
The next day after the install there was an upgrade which installed no problem. The look of the program is familiar with the old one and so far I have not found much difference in using it. The new version seems to have more preferences that can be set, though they still haven't fixed one major gripe in that when I close the program I want it to save the setup that I ended with for the next time I open it. When re-opening the program it will invariably open with the home page full screen instead of being reduced in size as I left it. They have change the screens for downloading transactions from the bank. The new ones seem Clunky and go full screen which blocks the check register requiring you to reduce them so you can see what you are doing. I haven't Fiddled with it enough yet to see if there is a remedy for this.
So far the program seems stable,didn't lose any data, hasn't crashed and I am Cautiously Optimistic..
Btw 4 Stars is because of the Intuit Blackmail in forcing this upgrade on me (and many other users)

Update 4/26/2014

After a month and a half using the QB 2014 version I can now say that it's no better or worse than the 2011 version. I have yet to find any changes that are an improvement, in fact if Intuit wanted to make a useful improvement to both Quickbooks and Quicken then they should add an option to show Holidays on the Calender. All of the daily and monthly functions still work and the program is stable and doesn't crash. If you are familiar with using Quickbooks then this version will become quickly familiar. I haven't yet been stuck or had to search for a solution as to how to do something. So, there is really nothing to fear in updating to this version as it's really just the same old thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quickbooks 2014 and poor customer service, February 28, 2014
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 3-User 2014 [Old Version] (Software Download)
I wish my office management software would integrate with Sage accounting because I would dump Quickbooks so quickly. We have had a small issue with cutting return checks. So far we have been given several bad links, a couple of links that had nothing to do with the issue. I am so frustrated by this, I wish my office management software worked with Sage (formerly Peachtree) and I could use it but alas I cant and am now stuck with this junk program. Do not update unless they are forcing you to because they won't update your old version anymore and if you can change to another software vendor do it. One other note. We were trying to do something in quickbooks we had been able to do for years but the changed the way overpayments were issued. They were more than willing to sell me a support package to show me how to do it, or upgrade my user licenses for a fee to "Pro Plus". It seems to me they tried to string me along so long that I would finally break down and buy their "package". But we sit with broken software, on hold with some of the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. I have asked our office management software company to please provide support for other financial software so that I may dump this garbage called quickbooks. I gave 1 star because no stars wasn't possible.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - for a forced update, April 29, 2014
I'm updating from 2011 only because Intuit is dropping payroll support for our version. What a pain. The new 2014 version seems OK so far, but really nothing new that we need. A suggestion on how to purchase: Buy the download from Amazon, but use the latest download from Intuit rather than the Amazon download. The Intuit download avoids the need for lots of updates. You can get your product key from the Amazon software library after you complete the purchase - just ignore the Amazon download prompt and go to the library to see the key.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you dont have QB already LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES!, July 16, 2014
We have been using Quickbooks since the 90s. Not only do we use it but as a consultant we sell and service networks - part of which is installing and troubleshooting QB.

My issues are not with the features or how QB manages accounting. I am not an accountant but I think they do a good job for the price of the software. There problems are in the design, functionality and reliability of the product.

FIRST and foremost a product has to function, and function reliably.

I have kept my own business on Quickbooks 2007 for the past 7 years because of the problems we see with our clients on the newer versions.

Just getting Quickbooks 2014 installed in a network with Windows 8.1 workstations and a Windows 2008 R2 Server generated errors that took hours to track down before we could even get QBs running..

Several weeks after install Quickbooks broke for no apparent reason and could only be opened in Single User mode, would not open in Multi User. The issue turned out to be a 2nd network adapter in the server BUT we had addressed this during installation of the Quickbooks Database Server and insured it was on the correct IP. A half day of troubleshooting resulted in us disabling one of the NICs in the server and QB started working. Most servers have multiple NICs so why Intuit would fail to provide a stable product in a standard network environment shows further lack of forethought on there part.

Just Googling the errors we had during setup shows how many people are having problems with QB. Their are so many results with varying solutions that it is amazing and troubling. Try Googling QB H202 error and you will see what I mean.

Over all the Network functionality of Quickbooks is archaic, unstable and very poor design. They still use Netbios names in there networking which is from the 80s and 90s often requiring you to edit the Windows Hosts file. They use there own proprietary database server which is problematic. Setting up security permissions on the DB service breaks its functionality. You have to create custom firewall rules, when every other software out there creates them automatically during installation. And the firewall rules change with each version of QB so when you update to a new version you will have to edit your firewall rules. Even their own knowledge base articles that explain how to fix issues will break other functionality.

If you have to contact support you get someone that you can barely understand and, in my clients own words - they avoid having to contact QB support like the plague. Support spends most of its time trying to sell you new services or features rather than fixing your problem.

Intuit has gotten so engrossed in trying to sell you new products and protecting their(poorly designed) intellectual property they have forgot how to keep the end users happy.

Even though that we have over 15 yrs of books in QB I am looking at alternatives. Intuit has not listened to us over the years so the only solution is to move on. Although it is not an easy switch, as soon as we have found a solution we can stand behind we will not hesitate to recommend that to our customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars QuickBooks A real con job, May 2, 2014
I recently upgraded to QB 2014 from QB 2011, not because I wanted to or because it was any better, it's not, but since I use QB payroll, I had no choice. Then to add salt to the wound I had to renew my QB payroll, for an additional $483.24, which I was unable to do payroll because there was a glitch in the software, finally fixed. Thanks for the gun to my head Intuit. I understand Sage has a decent product. If I did not have 2 company files on QB, I would find another accounting software package. Now for the good part. I have nothing but praise for Amazon, unfortunately I did not purchase it from them I purchased from TigerDirect, big mistake! The software was ordered on the morning of 4/2/14, that afternoon I found it locally for a better price. Immediately called TigerDirect to cancel the order and was told they did not think it would be possible as the supplier was probably arranging to ship it. The product was shipped 1 week later. After receiving the software and promptly returning it, i had return authorization, the charge was finally credited to my card on 5/2/14. Will never again purchase from TigerDirect. Amazon you have my business.

1.0 out of 5 stars Forced update, lots of bugs, July 25, 2014
This purchase came as a result of a forced update when they discontinued payment support for a previous version.

There's zero that seems improved from what I can tell, but there's a host of new bugs, crashes, and general slow-downs that are inexcusable. Customer support is non-existent, and they'll read the online help manuals that you've already read a dozen times to fix a problem for free before they attempt to charge you.

We're currently looking into alternate accounting software, and I recommend people stay away from this trap of bugs and deprecation of your purchase after two years.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have used QuickBooks Pro for 15 years!!, April 16, 2014
In past the past, I have been able to buy QuickBooks Pro for 2 users. This year I looked for QuickBooks two users and thought that I asked enough questions to be able to find one if available. No website responded to my inquires, so I bought the QuickBooks Pro 3 user. When I received it, I found out that all I had to do was to buy two individual programs and I could have saved $100.00.

I am very disappointed in the information from QuickBooks and from Amazon for not putting this out. I wonder how many others has fallen into this trap?

2.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP LOOKING VERSION, April 21, 2014
This version constantly quits because it has encountered an error, but is sorry for the inconvience. It is very hard to do my job when I have to reboot QB every time I turn around. It is very plain and cheap looking, I like my old version much better (2011 QB). The program has to be up and running on the main computer first before the other computers can open it. Before I could just have the computer on and I use to could switch to multi user in any computer now it has to be on the host. This is so inconvient.