Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

50%
50%
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon December 29, 2005
For anyone out there that uses Quicken 2006 on a daily basis (and there are many happy users out there that do), one of the biggest complaints would probably be the lack of a manual to learn all the tips and tricks of how to get the most out of their application. Thanks to this outstanding book by Bonnie Biafore those pains will no longer be felt! Of all the great books in the Pogue Press series, this book is probably one of the most useful for the simple fact that it's territory that is not covered very well when you scan the books online regarding Quicken. Ms. Biafore explains the inner workings of this application like a seasoned pro. From inputting bills and deposits to tracking finances to creating reports, 'Quicken 2006 for Starters' is a great resource for all novice Quicken users out there!!

***** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
VINE VOICEon March 26, 2006
I was all excited about this book -- it sounded like just what I needed to learn Quicken. I started to read it and on page 10 I read: "This book covers the Windows version of Quicken. The program's development for Mac was completely separate-- and different--from the ground up. Accordingly, Quicken differs significantly on the two platforms." I was VERY disappointed. Nowhere in the Amazon description of this book does it mention that it is written for Windows users. Granted Mac users can probably get something out of it, but beware of what you are buying.

Feb 2009 update -- Quicken is coming out with a new program called Quicken Financial life for Mac in Summer 2009. I am interested in looking into this program and the accompanying manual as a solution for Mac users. I'll update this review if I end up buying it and trying it out to let you all know how it goes...
on February 7, 2006
Just as the cover says, "The Missing Manual," and "Exactly what you need to get started." Bonnie Biafore's book is a 'techie' manual that is informative and entertaining. It's even loaded with accounting and investing information that any average hard worker can understand.

Intuit missed the boat on this one...
on January 26, 2007
For someone who is new to quicken this book is a good starting point. The downside of the book is that it is probably a derivative of a long series of books. With each new edition the text becomes more verbose. Undoubtedly there are many features in Quicken. The base features should be explained and then the new features will fall into the scheme of things.

I bought Quicken to track my investments. I have entered several accounts several times to get the "error" free summaries I know to be true. I still do not know how to properly enter corporate bonds. When the newcomer gets involved, the details of the process are the burden of the user. Quicken has some help, but it is even more sparse for detail.