Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 10, 2011
I had been a many-year user of Money and picked up Quicken 2011 when Microsoft stopped supporting their software. I had hoped that this book would be a good starting point for me to understand the differences between the two. What I gleaned from the author was that the things I used to track in Money - payroll deductions, credit card debits/credits, 401K balances by individual mutual fund - aren't really necessary and could be inferred as a waste of time. He argued that for tax-related items, one has to use the statement provided by the company in question at tax time, not the entries you made in your personal accounting package, so why bother? Just enter the net amount of your paycheck into the register. Likewise for credit cards - why bother tracking the individual purchases when you get a monthly statement from the credit card company? Just make a payment and have it hit 'credit card expense'! The book offered very little help with how to set-up and balance a 401K which was one of my hot buttons. And to top it off, the last chapter is about how to save for retirement - it has nothing at all to do with Quicken! The only thing I got from reading the book was that I had set up my accounts correctly - a confirmation that I had done something right. I'll continue to look for a book that might address my needs - this one was not it.
on March 17, 2012
I WAS HAVING TROUBLE USING THIS VERSION OF qUICKEN AFTER USING PRVIOUS VERSIONS. THE BOOK HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL IN MY UPGRADE AND NAVIGATING THIS SOFTWARE.
on December 19, 2012
I really brought it to try to understand the use of Quicken, but I still do not know how to use Quicken. I really stopped trying and it is not the fault of the book, but my fault, because I do not want to go too deeply into reading the book.
on September 27, 2011
This book was just what I needed to learn the Quicken program. It provides short cuts and helpful hints that move the learning process along.

Also, the price was right!
on February 13, 2013
Great resource book. I use it whenever I have a question about my Quicken product. It is easy to read and is understandable.
on November 16, 2014
After studying it, I understand Quicken 2011 no better than before.
on February 25, 2015
Informative and amusing at the same time!
on March 5, 2015