2,488 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Earlier issues resolved
I've been a Quicken user for 23 years (since 1990). I started out upgrading every year, but after a few less-than-great versions I became more selective about buying upgrades. My Quicken 2010 Deluxe was almost to end-of-life (with regard to transaction downloads), so I had to decide whether to purchase the new 2013 version, or perhaps find a 2012 copy. Reading all the...
Published on January 4, 2013 by ehague

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for GA yet
I have been using quicken now for a very very long time. Every year I diligently upgrade to the next release. I always puchase the deluxe version. Overall I have been very pleased witht the product. This specfic release is defiitely not ready for the general public and misleading. I purchased the product today specifically for the mobile functionality as most other...
Published on October 5, 2012 by Kevin F Brennan

‹ Previous | 124 25 26249 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Intuit drives me crazy, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download] [OLD VERSION] (Software Download)
If there were any competitive product, I would ditch Quicken and Intuit as fast as I could. They don't tell you up front, that the product will stop working approximately three years after they released it (not 3 years from when you bought it). I feel totally burned because I bought Quicken 2010, and it stopped working in April of 2013. Burned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous versions., June 26, 2013
I only upgraded to Quicken 2013 because my old computer, running Quicken 2010, died. The new version easily imported all of my data from my old version, but I lost some functionality. My loan accounts, which used to automatically download transactions via One Step update, no longer update online. I contacted customer service and was told "Too bad. Loan accounts made in a previous version will no longer update in Quicken 2013. Your only recourse is to delete those accounts and create new ones, or enter all transactions in those accounts manually."

Thanks Quicken. Way to remove functionality under the guise of an "updated" version of your product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quicken Delux 2013 Missing Features, June 24, 2013
I am unable to backup my finances to a CD with this version of Quicken Deluxe 2013 as was possible with the older one I upgraded from. My financial history was lost with the upgrade but my CD backup saved the day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, June 23, 2013
This is my first time using this product and I'm not really impressed. After the many program updates to fix the known issues, I found that some main functions don't work. I was able to setup many of my accounts in Quicken, but there was two that I couldn't import and had to setup the accounts manually. Automatic account setup and updating is a must for this product. I also found that the "What If" function for loans to not work correctly on one of my loans that I really wanted to look at. This would be a really cool tool, if it worked. I tried to get these and other functions to work over the last two months, but I've just given up.

However, there are alternatives. For one, if you use a decent bank and a spreadsheet program (I use Excel) than you have I would guess 75% of this program already. I'm able to import all my different accounts in my main bank online (student loans, credit cards from other banks, investment accounts, etc). I'm also able to see various graphical analyses of all accounts. There's various financial templates you can download through Excel and then export data from the bank for historical trending or other analyses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Technology, June 22, 2013
I purchased this only to get the app but I have been so impressed with how it syncs to iPhone and iPad.

It still works like the old Quicken but it has evolved into having a brain too. I can enter a transaction on my app and it will upload into the computer program when I open it at home.

I get a weekly look at my spending.

I can set a monthly budget on my app and it monitors my spending. My alerts are smarter too.

I have really enjoyed it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to buy to download bank transactions, June 11, 2013
Frustrating that you have to re-purchase every few years. There are just enough changes that re-learning routine tasks is frustrating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to a dynamic future app, June 8, 2013
Been a Quicken user for ~20 years. Leaned long ago that the annual sequence of updates was not necessary - really just a way for Intuit to generate more $$$ from loyal users. Had resolved to minimal updates (just prior to my latest version going into unsupported mode). Was drawn to try Quicken 2013 for the (seemingly long overdue) mobile app. After 6 weeks usage - I'm impressed: The link to the Quicken Cloud and to my Android devices (3) works well. The linked approach seems to beg for an ongoing service with progressive updating. Would seriously consider adopting a subscription model (either $2-3/month or ~$30-35/annually).

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely user UN-friendly, May 31, 2013
I have used Quick Books Pro and different versions of Quicken Premier. I believe Quicken could do a 100% improvement if, when you are updating to new version to first have a question and answer section that could be designed to make it super easy to update. When setting up download settings for banks or financial institutions, it could guide you through questions like, do you want linked to existing accounts and ask what time period you want to download. All this information is buried in the software. If they asked questions like Turbo Tax asks, the software could easily guide the user to set up properly for the 1st time, instead of calling support (from hard to understand Indian tecs.) I consider myself very computer savy and if I had a difficult time setting up the new Quicken 2013 deluxe, than I can see why Quicken has had such bad reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Reluctant Upgrade, May 27, 2013
Reluctantly upgraded from Quicken 2010 to 2013. It went OK. It irrites me that a fully functioning product becomes disabled simply by the passage of time. Kinda like you buy a car and the dealer says, after you purchase it, that in 3 years the engine will stop working. Maybe I missed it, but where does it say that certain features will become disabled in 3 years? Is it written on the box somewhere? If not, does this constitute selling a product that the manufacturer knows will become defective in 3 years? Just wondering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quicken Created a Mint.com Customer!, May 26, 2013
They have completely ruined budgeting in Quicken 2013! I've used Quicken for years and been on an older version until they turned off the bank syncing and forced me onto this new version. Despite considering that a slimy tactic, I decided to buy the new version anyway. Boy am I disappointed, I can't figure out the new budget creator to save my life. All of my friends have moved to Mint.com and I've held out because I liked Quicken so much (I've been a Quicken user since the DOS version in 1990). Congratulations, You've just managed to create another Mint.com customer! The only way they'll be able to retain me is to release a patch that reverts to the budget style used in previous versions. I hope they enjoy their company's last few years turning a profit, that's about to end.

‹ Previous | 124 25 26249 | Next ›