Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 3, 2013
Purchased at Amazon today. Has bugs - kept crashing when syncing to mobile! Quicken tech support has no help on error codes! I uninstalled program. DeJa Vu Quicken 2013!!!!!

Here is chat session from Intuit:

hraddha: Hi, my name is Shraddha. Thank you for contacting Quicken, please allow
me a moment to read your question.
Craig Bennett: Error 7239 While syncing to Mobile in Quicken 2014
Craig Bennett: Then program crashes
Shraddha: Hi Craig
Craig Bennett: hi
Shraddha: Though, we have lunched it yet, however, I would suggest you to please try
to check the release this should be R2
Shraddha: Please click on help>>About Quicken
Craig Bennett: it is r2
Craig Bennett: I know it just launched - was this a premature launch or is beta testing
finished
Shraddha: The version you are using is premature launch we can say, as it is not
available at our web site. We will launch it after 7th
Craig Bennett: R2(23.1.2.12)
Craig Bennett: How was I able to purchase on Amazon?
Shraddha: Well, this is available there.
Shraddha: We are still waiting for the program with its features.
Craig Bennett: So there is no support for this product?
Shraddha: Once we will get the program we will be able to assure you about the issue
Shraddha: File >>File Operations >>Validate and repair >>Check the validate option
and click on OK
Craig Bennett: I don't understand - what program don't you have?
Craig Bennett: I already did that as well. I've been down this road before - last year with
2013
Shraddha: Then I am so sorry to tell you that we need to check it with the team. To be
honest, right now we are not having the exact answer to this question
Craig Bennett: So - you don't know what error 7239 is?
Shraddha: I apologize we do not have any update on it, we are collecting the details
and feedback from you and will surely relay this to our team
Craig Bennett: Ok - well would you pass a message to Intuit Management for me?
Shraddha: Sure
Craig Bennett: In the future, please do not release a program with first providing the
necessary programs to your support staff. This shows a lack of planning on managements
part!
Craig Bennett: The manager of this product should be fired
Craig Bennett: 2013 Quicken was full of bugs and now 2014 seems to be heading
down the same track!
Craig Bennett: Thank you - have a great night
Shraddha: I apologize for the trouble.
Shraddha: I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting Quicken chat
support today. Please return to chat should the need arise. Please use the Hang Up
Live Assistance Page 1 of 2
[...] 10/3/2013
button (Disconnect) to end this chat session without closing your browser window. Have a
great day!
Craig Bennett: Bye Shraddha

DO NOT UPGRADE!
1616 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hi K,
I'm sorry you're having trouble with support-if you can, please send more details of the issue you experienced with Quicken to Quicken_CustomerSupport[at]Intuit.com, and I will help in any way I can.

on October 3, 2013
2014 is very similar to 2013 with some minor changes. I performed the mobile sync once and it worked syncing accounts and budgets to my surprise. The Mobile app was nicely done and I was quite surprised until I synced a second time and the Desktop continuously crashed. I tried the same thing on 2 different computers, one with Win 7 and one with Win 8, same result. I restored my data file to play it safe. It's a shame it almost was working for once. The Mobile app is something that I need and syncing with it still causes crashes. I hope they can finally get the mobile app running, fix some minor bugs and they will have a home run. Also, I have a brand new Dell Desktop, top of the line, and most of the quicken sounds will not play. I think that my PC only plays stereo wav files and most of the Quicken wave files are analog.
Hi User,
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the mobile app - the cause may be something specific in your data file-if you can, please send more details of this issue to Quicken_CustomerSupport[at]Intuit.com, and I will help in any way I can to get you up and running.

on October 22, 2013
It seems from looking through the boards on the Quicken Community site that none of the gripes many of us have had about the 2013 product have in fact been fixed in the 2014 product.

Go back and look at my 2013 RPM review for a long list of issues that made me pretty sure I never should have upgraded from 2011 or 2012.

Sorry Intuit, when you start putting out a quality product again you'll get my annual repeat business as you used to enjoy (been using you since DOS if you can believe that :P).

I'm not happy with the 2013 one either, but no way I'm giving you another $100+ for a new version that leaves too many things broken and delivers a crappy mobile app I'm not interested in.

You need different people in your focus groups I think.
on January 31, 2014
I have been using Quicken software for over 20 years. I started with the simplest version, and as my assets and finances became more complicated, I would purchase the next more complex version of Quicken. When I started I had one job and no assets to speak of. Now I have a salary and multiple other sources of income, including 26 rental units. While I have used one version of Quicken or another this entire time, Quicken Rental Property Manager proved to be a step backward in that it actually made keeping track of my finances MORE complicated and MORE difficult.

It is patently obvious to me that whoever developed the Rental Property Manager version of Quicken did not ever actually manage rental properties or use this software to do so. The program is not designed to handle the most mundane and common functions, such as depositing multiple rent checks simultaneously, accepting a partial month's rent, or handle a security deposit. When researching Quicken's online help, I found that all of my problems in these regards are common to all users, and that one needs to develop workarounds to handle each of these functions properly. These workarounds are just as easy to develop and use in less expensive and less specialized versions of Quicken. Furthermore, while the program does have some window-dressing specific to rental property management, I found even that useless because of the deficiencies in the fundamental, basic functioning of the program.

I found Quicken's other versions to be excellent. This version just seems to have been slapped together without any legitimate thought in an apparent effort to extract a few more dollars from Quicken's customers. Indeed, while the complaints referred to above have been well known to Quicken for years (based upon complaints I have read on their website), even In its 2014 version of the software, and has done nothing to solve the problems. Unfortunately for me, once I switched to this version I have been trapped and have been unwilling to risk losing any of the years of work I have done by stepping back down to a supposedly lesser version of Quicken. Having a more specialized rental property version of Quicken is very desirable to me, but this program falls far short and is worse than a waste of money.
88 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
I tried to upgrade to Quicken 2014 in hopes of overcoming the numerous sync problems with 2013. I downloaded to Acer tablet running Windows 8 Pro. The program crashed repeatedly. After a long chat with Intuit, they admitted that it won't work with tablets. What??? It will work on a Windows 8 desktop but not a Windows 8 tablet?? What's the diff? Had to go back to 2013 (better than nothing). On the plus side, Amazon agreed to refund the purchase price (after a little "encouragement"). This product is definitely not ready for prime time. What a shame. Note, my experience was with the "Home and Business" version.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hi Larry,
Quicken 2014 does run on tablets with full versions of Windows 8; some tablets come with pared-down versions of Windows 8 in order to improve OS performance, and this may prevent Quicken from working properly on a tablet.

on October 11, 2013
Well the option for a mobile app sucked me in. I upgraded from the 2012 edition to the 2014 rental property manager. Each edition makes it harder to use. What's up with that?! I haven't even got as far as using the mobile app. Just using it on my computer and the thing has crashed in one day four times, apologizing as it close down that all of the data that I recently entered might be lost. The fact that the warning comes means Quicken must know about this bug and has done nothing about it. grrrrrr. Back to load Quicken AGAIN. Perhaps Quicken will offer a free upgrade to fix this mess. Isn't going to help me tonight. Sigh. Yes, I see there is a nice Quicken lady offering to help. I don't have time for that. I need it to work from the start. Two stars because all the other software around that does this stinks also.
on October 2, 2013
Multiple crashes over about an hour's worth of use.....should have known better.
Really un-excusable how each year's rollout of the product has so many bugs.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hi Daniel,
I'm sorry you're having trouble with Quicken crashing-if you can, please send more details to Quicken_CustomerSupport[at]Intuit.com, and I will help in any way I can.

on November 4, 2013
Well.... I was going to upgrade so I could get rid of the annoying banner that screems at me every time I load 2013 RPM but thanks to all you wonderful weary users of Quicken I see that I shall continue to get on my knees and pray that Gates will find it in his heart to bring MS Money back. I was a user of Money from the very first roll-out and never (and I'm not exaggerating) had a problem with it. I was forced to go to a new product and of the financial softwares out there, Quicken was the only affordable one for the home small business user, so I fell for it. I have spent 1000's of hours recovering, rebuilding and reloading files and the program since the first day I installed Quicken and have annually upgraded in hopes things would get better. I have finally got 2013 to give me an accurate balance sheet, not without it trying to match every transaction I download with some transaction that has already cleared several months ago despite an uncleared transaction waiting to be validated by download, and a somewhat productive session now so I guess I will stick with 2013 while I research some real (way more expensive) financial softwares for larger corporations so that I can finally be free of the worry. By the way, what ever happened to purchasing a software and the company supporting it with upgrades and such as a courtesy and thanks to the customer rather than forcing one to upgrade to a new version that cost a fortune and isn't compatible with the old version? Every time I have upgraded Quicken I have had to start a new file and rebuild all of my accounts, credit cards, properties and bills to get it to function correctly. I have a degree in electronics and worked for a decade with Seagate technologies (hard disk manufacturer) and am very well versed in softwares and electronics and as the majority has said in this forum, it is unacceptable that Quicken releases a product before the bugs are out and that they do not value their customers any more than they do. If we keep upgrading then they will never change. I feel we are all entitled to free upgrades until Quicken corrects their plague of problems. Just saying! }:o)

Again, Thank You All!!!! for commenting and saving me the hassle and worry that has plagued me since first loading Quicken on my pc. I have to have something as keeping up with 4 rental properties and my families finances is just too difficult to do on paper or something like Excel, so.... I will stay with 2013 Rental Property Manager until something solid comes around. By the way, I do not use Quicken for anything automatic, as I can see many of you do, and find that by not using the auto features, even though it takes me hours more time, it is fairly stable once you get the file built correctly so if you are in need of something to help you manage your finances and/or small business, just go with a basic file and opt to manually download your statements and do not set it up to automatically enter into the register, rather check each entry yourself and make sure it is matching it to the correct date. I have had to sort this problem out way too many times because some reason Quicken can't keep up with the calendar of bills that they gave us to set up. Anyhoo... thanks again!
on February 28, 2014
Don't even bother. I wish I could go back. I read all the reviews on the public forums before I purchased it and I thought "Can it really be as bad as everyone is saying?" I bought it anyway and I can now say the reviews are correct. I've been a software developer for over 25 years and I would truly be ashamed of myself if I ever released a product this bad. The quality in general is just ridiculous. I have used Quicken for years and every time I upgrade I am even more disappointed than before. If I didn't know better I would say that Intuit no longer even has a QA test team. The loan setup is particularly bad. It won't allow you to pick an interest category to categorize your interest payments. It lumps all interest into it's own pre-defined interest category and you can't change it. The problem is that not all interest is deductible for tax purposes so it creates an accounting nightmare. It seems they have tried to put in so many bells and whistles, and make it easier for you, that they have in fact complicated it so much that you can't even use it or customize it the way you want. I won't be buying Quicken products again.
Hi Banger,
Thank you for your feedback-we are always working to improve our product-I will be sure to pass this to our development team for consideration in a future release. If you need more help, just fill out the information here to contact us: http://quicken.intuit.com/go/contactsupport

on October 27, 2013
Crashes every time i run an online account update. User interface is slow as usual. Overall a horrible user experience! Should not have these sort of problems and have to send in logs for analyzation the day first day I use the software. I have been a Quicken user since 1998 and I get more and more disappointed with their software releases every year. Quicken needs to get their act together!!!
Hi Lucas,
I'm sorry you've experienced this issue with Quicken; we are currently working to fix this issue, and hope to have a resolution ASAP. If you'd like to be notified when this issue is resolved, please sign up on this FAQ: http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/SLN77009.html (please note that this FAQ will be removed when the issue is fixed).

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this,