5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the full book!
I joined a book club and used this for review since I had previously read the book. It's a good synopsis of the books offerings.
tld
Published 14 months ago by tld4751

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbroken-"Qicklet" version
Thought I had purchased Laura Hillenbrand's book "Unbroken"-wrong! What I received was a Quicklet version written by Brett Davidson. This thing makes Cliff notes read like a novel-if you're looking for a 15 minute summary of a great book here you are. Totally useless. I had never heard of "Quicklet" or the seller-now I know to stay clear.
Published 22 months ago by william

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbroken-"Qicklet" version, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Quicklet - Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbroken Quicklet, December 26, 2012
My misstake as I thought I had purchased the paper back. Negligence on my part but do not understand what I bought!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What You Think It Is, January 11, 2013
I returned this item. I didn't know what a "Quicklet" was and thought I was getting the paperback version of this book. We found out after we got it that a "Quicklet" is a version of Cliff's Notes. I needed the whole book and didn't have enough time to order it again, so I had to buy one at the local Barnes and Noble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable reference., December 17, 2013
Mary (Spokane, WA) - See all my reviews
This quicklet helped me understand this non-fiction novel. Unbroken is a long read, and I am in my late 80s, so this helped me to understgand and remember what transpired. Thank you!

1.0 out of 5 stars headline, June 26, 2013
I thought it was a softcover version of the book. I didn't need a synopsis so basically it was a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oops, Not what I expected!, June 4, 2013
Julie Slone (Olympia, WA, US) - See all my reviews
I was expecting the Book - Quicklet's are new to me and I'll be sending it back
and with closer attention ordering the Book!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the full book!, May 12, 2013
tld

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the concept, execution is good but could be better, August 26, 2012
Having gone through high school and college by doing the minimal amount of work required (with whatever I perceived to be the most efficient methods), I'm all for the idea of shortening, synthesizing, and summarizing popular books. SO MANY more people would read them if they were more easily accessible. That's why I was eager to check this out - especially because (and no offense intended for Laura Hillenbrand) I had no intention of reading the full 490+ pages.

The Quicklet is well-written, snappy, and covers what seem to be the most important components of the original. Where it lags behind CliffNotes is in its thematic analysis and character analysis, which I felt could have been a bit deeper and more thoroughly thought through.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Goofed, March 31, 2014
This was Amazon's fault as I was expecting to receive a full book and instead I received a summary of the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars My stupidity, March 20, 2014
Ordered the wrong item. Meant to get the actual book. I suppose this will help if I haven't had opportunity to read the book before the discussion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›