5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!
Published on September 24, 2005 by June Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book if you don't mind screaming
On the plus side my 20 month old son loves this book. On the minus side, he hasn't learned the intended lesson of the difference between quiet and loud. In fact, merely thinking of this book engenders screaming like the baby on the cover...
Published 8 months ago by MGaskill

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, September 24, 2005
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
My 15-month old daughter loves this book! I find myself reading it to her a few times a day; she never grows tired of it. The book holds her attention the entire time while I'm reading it to her. The pictures are colorful and eye-catching. I checked it out from the Library to see if she would like it, I guess now I need to purchase it and add it to our home library. I would defiantly suggest this book to read to infants and toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the kids with short attention spans, October 20, 2003
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
This book is short on words and long on really great illustrations. Quiet Loud and Patricelli's other 2 books are perfect for kids who are just beginning to show an interest in books. The illustrations captivate their attention and the limited number of words doesn't require too much lingering. The illustrations lend themselves to acting out and being silly. This new little book is quickly becoming a favorite at my house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my toddler son!, October 20, 2003
Cookingteach "jbl_sf" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
My son was 15 months when we got these FABULOUS books and he loves them! He tends to be fairly lound himself so learning about what is quiet and what is loud is a good, continual lesson at our house-this book is the perfect tool and the illustrations are fantastic too. Be sure to check out Leslie Patricelli's other two books as well, Yummy/Yucky (our favorite!) and Big/Little-all are well worth the purchase and great for gifts too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to read aloud, July 21, 2010
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
This board book, like all others by Patricelli, features a simple, adorable, genderless baby learning about opposites-- in this case, quiet and loud. This book is brilliant for reading aloud; reading the loud pages in a very loud voice (and making sound effects, like a dog barking, etc.) and reading the quiet pages in a whispering voice, makes this a fun read for both parent and child. A couple of notes-- (1) This is not really a bedtime read. The "loud" pages make for a bit too much commotion at a time when babies should be settling down. I tend to read this during the day. (2) Another reviewer commented that it is hard to show how rainstorms are loud to a child. When I read the book to my daughter, I tap my fingers on the book very fast to make a rain-falling-on-the-roof noise, and sometimes add in "boom" or something for thunder. She likes it, and tries to tap her fingers, too. I think the introduction of loud weather phenomena is a good idea, especially because rainstorms can be very loud and frightening for young children in many parts of the country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud Sound Effects with this are Great!, September 29, 2005
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
My daughter and I both love this loud board book! It begins, "Whispering is quiet, Screaming is LOUD," and gets even better from there. It has lots of room for sound effects, and at two years old, she loves to help make the sounds. It's quickly become one of her favorite books, although I did scare her one evening because I was a little too loud...

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic in the making, March 24, 2006
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
Leslie Patricelli's bold illustrations seem to jump off the page, while the cartoon stylings keep it light. Quiet Loud is my favorite in a series of books that joyfully illustrates concepts. I appreciate that the author enjoys the richness of each of the opposite pairs by focusing each book on one concept. Quiet Loud is my favorite in the series because of the cover baby. Plus, it offers some guidance about appropriate volume level for an environment without coming off as preachy. Quiet Loud is about the pleasure of the sound spectrum, and I gifted this to my infant nephew with hopes of spirited read alouds as he gets older.

5.0 out of 5 stars child therapist, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
This is a fun board book that can be used for several ages, not just young children. It actually helps with self regulation because you are quiet, then loud and it is repeated. Even children with short attention spans can get through this book. It's just a fun little book whether you are a therapist or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Leslie Patricelli books!, November 9, 2006
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
Leslie Patricelli is our very favorite toddler book author. Quiet Loud is our second favorite book of hers behind Blankie, but they are all well-loved in our house. The baby featured in the illustrations is just the cutest thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Cute, September 6, 2008
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
My one year old son and I read every night. The colors and the simplicity of the idea makes it easy for him to understand and learn. So further emphasize the difference in quiet and loud, I use my voice, and he laughs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 24, 2008
Ivy (Oxford, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) (Board book)
I bought this book for my niece who is 16 months. She too can be a quiet and a loud baby at times. This is a great book for toddlers because of the bright colors and length of story.

Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books)
Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books) by Leslie Patricelli (Board book - September 15, 2003)
$6.99 $6.29