2,251 Reviews
 (1,465)

4.0 out of 5 stars In defense of introversion (or how being an innie is cool)
This is hardly an impartial review. As somebody who has been called at some point or another the gamut of terms associated with introversion, from "shy" (which I don't object) to "anti-social" (which I most certainly consider unfair), I found in Susan Cain's "Quiet," the validation and appreciation many introverts have been searching for.

In "Quiet," Ms. Cain...
Published on October 16, 2011 by Pippa Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag. Good resource for further reading.
Background: I'm an INFP (very strong on I and N, weak F, middling P) on the Myers-Briggs typology; I first took the test almost 25 years ago, and have done much further reading on personality, motivation and behavior since. The last two books I read before this one were Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us and The Sociopath Next Door (I...
Published on February 3, 2012 by Alec

‹ Previous | 132 33 34226 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comforting, April 7, 2013
I read a chapter a day, and thought about what I had read. And at the end of the book, I can say that I feel better about myself, and the other introverts in the world. I learned that if I believe in something strongly enough, introversion will not hold me back. That in fact, it is an asset. Yay, team!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, April 6, 2013
Mike Perry (Fort Collins, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Confirmation for me - when I question why I am the quiet one in a meeting. And reminders - to inform and empower my teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars So that's why., April 4, 2013
As a card-carrying introvert - and longtime disparager of those who "can't stop talking" - the minute I saw the title I knew I had to read "Quiet." Every point Susan Cain mentions in her revelatory book exposed a pivotal chapter in my life: So that's why. And, by the end: It's who I am. And it's OK. For a good summary by the author, view her talk at TED 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, April 2, 2013
Whether or not you are an introvert Susan Cain does a fantastic job at illustrating the differences of problem solving, mindset, and niches of both personally types. She does a fantastic job of dispelling the myths around introversion. A great read and especially important for any manager to truly understand your people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Information, April 2, 2013
Amazon Customer (Albuquerque, New Mexico United States) - See all my reviews
This book is very informative. I give it 4 stars at best because the print is soo small for my elderly eyes.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am Not a Freak After all!, April 2, 2013
Thank you Susan Cain, for sharing your book with the world. I related to so much in this book as I have been one of the "Quiet" ones my entire life. After many years living, I have learned to accept and even love myself as I am, (and push out of my comfort zones often) however, had I read this book when I was much younger, it may have prevented some pain. I recommend this book to young introverts everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read!, April 2, 2013
I loved this book! I have always considered myself to be introverted and loved the way that Cain explored this topic. She explains how our society values extroverted people over introverted ones. However introverted people have these amazing qualities that often make them better leaders and businessmen. I felt like this book really spoke to me and helped me to understand a little more of myself!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book on different personalities!, April 2, 2013
This was a good book covering Introverts, Extroverts, and a little on other personality traits. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in Introverts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, April 1, 2013
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking (ISBN: 978-0-307-35215-6) was written by Susan Cain. In the book, Cain refutes the Extrovert Ideal which has come to dominate modern society and argues that introverts, can not only be valuable resources of knowledge, but are also better suited for leadership than extroverts in some situations. Throughout the book, Cain uses various scientific and academic studies, as well as, anecdotal evidence from famous introverts to support her claims.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Someone to Represent the Introverts of the World!, April 1, 2013
M. Hunt (Inver Grove Hts, MN USA) - See all my reviews
After six months I finally got around to finishing the last couple of chapters of this book tonight. What a great read! As an introvert the book has given me a better vocabulary to describe my world and to help inform my more extroverted wife on how we can define a balance in our relationship. Susan Cain does a great job in weaving her research into a strong narrative. This should be mandatory reading for every teacher, manager, and leader out there. Well done!

‹ Previous | 132 33 34226 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9e48ae4c)

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain (Hardcover - January 24, 2012)
$26.00 $14.64