5.0 out of 5 stars C. Van Wagner
This book proved to be much more than I'd expected. I've read the books of many famous personalities (in and out of sports), and I can honestly say that Coach Dungy breaks all the stereotypes. When he's at the top of his game, he gives the glory to God, his family and his team. When he's in the worst places of life, he praises God for His goodness. When he's searching...
Published on July 12, 2007 by C. Van Wagner

3.0 out of 5 stars The simple story of a great man...
I'm a football fan but more of the college game than the professional game. Since Tony Dungy's prominence has been built within the NFL, I knew very little about him. I knew that he won a Super Bowl with the Indianapolis Colts a few years ago. I knew that he is a public (but not obnoxious) Christian. And I knew that he is very well-respected in the football world and...
Published on August 26, 2010 by Chad Oberholtzer

‹ Previous | 15 6 744 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars About this book, December 7, 2010
Quiet Strength is an autobiography about the spiritual life of NFL Coach Tony Dungy. The book reflects upon his faith in God and aspects of his life. The book starts with details about his personal life as a small child and progresses through his years of playing football in college. He then describes how he met his wife and how he started a family. I enjoyed reading about everything he went through to became a successful NFL football coach. Mr. Dungy shares many stories about people who impacted his personal life as a young boy, a teenager, and coaches who taught him about life and how to be a great coach. Mr. Dungy had many struggles in his life and his coaching career. But through it all, he believes that God always had a plan for his life. Mr. Dungy also shared the sad story of his son's suicide and how his family dealt with this tragedy. I really enjoyed reading this book and connected with his insights since I currently play football in college. The book is very well written, insightful, and enjoyable to read. I would recommend this book to anyone .

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Strength, August 11, 2007
E. Galm (Naples, Florida) - See all my reviews
This is one of the most inspiring books that has been written in recent years. Although it is a football story, I believe anyone would benefit greatly by readin this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book, October 1, 2007
"Quiet Strength" is incredible - the reality of Tony Dungy's faith is an inspiration and a great help for anyone in their relationships with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars "We are all role models to someone in this world, and we can all have impact - for good" - Tony Dungy, September 11, 2007
Tony Dungy did not want to write a book - thankfully he did. He gives us a simple inspirational read that tells us some basic principles he lives by - without being preachy. It's about football, life, family and one family's commitment to living as God would have them live.

As a longtime Colts fan, I certainly enjoyed his football stories, but his thoughts on management and his professional trevails were much more interesting.

The book ends in a series of emotional highs and lows - the loss of his father followed by 14 wins in a row, followed by the loss of his son followed by yet another frustrating playoff loss followed by a Super Bowl-winning season leaves the reader a bit exhausted, teary-eyed and admiring.

As a resident of Indianapolis I can say this without hesitation - our city is all the better just because we have the privilege of having the Dungys live among us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy, September 29, 2007
Was a great book, bought for my husbands birthday. He really liked it and we were very happy with the shipping and service through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Character encouragement, November 16, 2007
It's not often a book comes along that makes you a better person as you read it, but Tony Dungy's book Quiet Strength does just that. The book covers Dungy's faith, moral foundation and character in broad strokes. It also gives a rare window into the hard work and constant choices that go into building NFL teams, most notably of course the Indianapolis Colts, into champions. The inspiration of this book comes from the clear demonstration that any life, any career, any personal relationship managed with faith and integrity will triumph to its greatest potential.

This is a great book to share with friends and family. Make sure you treat yourself to it as well. You definitely don't have to be a football fan to enjoy Dungy's book, but football fans will find it to be a fascinating blend of life and sport.

5.0 out of 5 stars QUIET STRENGTH by Tony Dungy, October 4, 2007
This was a wonderful book! Tony is so straightforward in his presentation, and really draws the reader into his work. You feel the emotions as he shares his heartaches and triumphs over the tragedies and roadblocks he has overcome. What I really appreciate is his determination, and success, at sharing his story WITHOUT the "tell all" "tabloid" sensationalism that appears so often. He gives us a wonderful insight into his family, but keeps his family protected at the same time. I sincerely appreciate the fact that he, and his family, are using their position and visibility to share their testimony of the power of God in their lives -- he is a man of action, not just words. Great job, Tony! God Bless You!

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful, November 26, 2007
This book is powerful. It is not about football, it is about a man and his family's belief in GOD. Whew. My twin sister gave me this book, knowing that I was going through a rough time, and my GOD, I cried several times. I saw myself and my beliefs several times throughout the book. I am a huge Tony Dungy fan, and have been since the Steeler days. I was sad to see him leave Tampa, but elated when he finally knocked the Patriots off of the pedestal that some had put them on. His journey mirrors my journey in life and in my faith. He reminded me to hold on and wait. I loved it. You don't have to be a football fan to enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inspirational Book, November 21, 2007
A must read book that anyone can relate to since Tony Dungy's message applies to all persons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Strength, November 21, 2007
I bought this book for a gift, and was very pleased with the quick arrival, and packaged well.

‹ Previous | 15 6 744 | Next ›