5.0 out of 5 stars A positive, uplifting mental and emotional self-help guide
Published on October 30, 2004 by Midwest Book Review

2.0 out of 5 stars MORE EDUCATIONAL....NO REALLY A GOOD "SELF-HELP"
Published 2 months ago by Mary Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars A positive, uplifting mental and emotional self-help guide, October 30, 2004
This review is from: Quiet Your Mind: An Easy-to-Use Guide to Ending Chronic Worry and Negative Thoughts and Living a Calmer Life (Paperback)
Quiet Your Mind by psychologist, writer, producer, therapist and educator John Selbly is a thoroughly "reader friendly" guide to dealing successfully with chronic worry, emotional adjutation, and live a calmer, happier, day-by-day life. Guidelines for meditation and tranquility help teach the reader how to be alone without succumbing to loneliness, learning not to be dominated by judgmental thoughts, achieving greater passion with one's intimate partner by not getting lost in distracting fears and obsessions, and much more. A positive, uplifting mental and emotional self-help guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Serenity for Sale!!!, May 18, 2006
Who wouldn't want to invest in serenity? This book's tecniques are soothing, calming, and WORK! Anyone in a stressful job, life, or mood-- you need this book. It worked for me, and I know it will work for anyone with an open-mind and a restless brain! Buy it and be calm!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Thinker, January 11, 2007
This book is defintely a deep thinker! Some of the ideas in the book I've brought into my yoga class! I would recommend this book to anyone that has a fast paced life, is stressed, or anyone that really wants to "quiet their mind"

5.0 out of 5 stars Best self help book, June 28, 2008
I have purchased 5 of these to give to my family and friends. I read a lot of self help and this one is one of the best. If you do what he recommends and quiet your mind, you are happier and healthier, which is what we would all like to be. He gives you ways to accomplish this that you work into your regular life.
I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars quiet your mind, February 24, 2010
Very helpful book. Gave me lot's of ways to relax and be serene. You can also go online with it and it gives you audio meditations.
I reccomend it highly.
Wanda age 46

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful insights, January 1, 2013
John Selby provides helpful insights into achieving inner peace. I have read widely on this subject and love John Selby's approach.

2.0 out of 5 stars MORE EDUCATIONAL....NO REALLY A GOOD "SELF-HELP", November 28, 2014
Very disappointed. It would be a GREAT book if you were a student studying Psychology as it is written VERY much like what I recall from college text book days. It was very "matter-of-factly" almost as if it were trying to tell us on how the brain actually "works". Some of it was interesting but I wasn't looking for an education on brain complexity and how it functions.... I was looking for a PEP TALK! I was looking for a self-help book to make me FEEL better. I was looking for a book that was more touchy-feely providing me with 'a-ha' moments on how to look a my stress and anxiety in a different way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and useful, January 15, 2013
Even though this book doesn't appear to offer any ground-breaking insights, it's written by a very experienced professional with very useful practical skills and a deep human touch to combat anxiety and other emotional and life issues. It's helped me tremendously personally, and I'd recommend it to anyone, virtually anyone including those who do not suffer from anxiety because there's so much wise and useful information in it. All in all, an excellent book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth your time and money, extremely undervalued., November 5, 2012
This book needs to be handed out left and right to people... It has so much potential for helping people struggling with anxiety and chronic worry. I will say I didn't buy this book off of Amazon.com, but I did get it at a local BN.

People who worry about just about anything could really use this... it is a godsend if you have a lot on your plate and are struggling with getting through life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Suggestions, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Quiet Your Mind (Kindle Edition)
I found the simple exercises contained within this book to be of great help whenever I start to go to anxiety. Our own minds are eminently controllable - and the techniques contained within this book help the individual to focus on breathing and visualization to put things in proper perspective. No hocus pocus -- just common sense and redirection of the emotions.

I consider it a primary reference to which I will refer over and over (till I get it firmly embedded in my mind!)