Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Quik Pod Handheld Selfie Extendable Pole with Mini..." and save 17% off the $29.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Quik Pod Handheld Selfie Extendable Pole with Mini Tripod Legs (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$27.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.07 (7%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Extendable Handheld Tripod for Self Portraits
- Take your own photos without asking strangers for help!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||8 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||0.25 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.35 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
* Leave the tripod legs attached all the time: This lets you extend your reach even more by folding the tripod legs inward and holding them instead of the handle when taking a shot. You can also quickly fold them out and set the Quik Pod on a table or the ground to take even longer shots of yourself (or simply to steady the camera so you can use a slower shutter speed, no flash, and/or lower ISO setting for more natural low-light shots).
* Make sure your camera is in the right focusing mode: Many cameras will immediately set the focus when you press the shutter button, even when the self-timer is on. This can lead to out-of-focus shots with the Quik Pod, since you must press the shutter button before extending the camera away from you. If your camera does this, try changing to "continuous focus" mode (which will often be set if you choose the camera's "Sports" scene mode) -- this will cause your camera to focus continually right up to the moment the shutter fires.
* More on focusing: You can also help keep your photos in focus without using continuous focus mode by setting a smaller aperture (higher "f-stop" number) using the camera's manual or "aperture priority" mode. Smaller apertures give you greater depth of field, which means that more of the picture will be in focus. I've taken quite a few shots with large apertures where the camera mistakenly focused on something in the background, so that my face was out of focus. Using smaller apertures helps prevent this problem and they also keep more of what's behind you in focus (which is desirable if there is something scenic in the background).Read more ›
I was hoping for a quality piece that one would be excited to receive as a gift and this just doesn't seem like the quality item I was hoping for. I'm referring not only to the looks of the Quik Pod but to its feel, as well.
It just looks and feels like a lightweight piece of cheap plastic that probably won't last too long. The levering action is not smooth. It's somewhat difficult to retract. It rattles around when you hold it. And when I set it up as a free-standing tripod the side weight of my average sized point-and-shoot digital camera nearly toppled the thing. Of course, the ball mount can easily adjust to any number number of positions so I can still align the camera for a proper shot but this bendy piece of plastic looks a bit like the Leaning Tower of Pisa trying to hold up just a bit more than it can handle.
Actually, the attachable legs are really the only thing in the whole package that even seem to me to be of decent quality. The various pieces of metal and aluminum seem well-crafted, well-fit, and solid. Why can't the main product, itself, have been manufactured in a similar way?
I wanted to be impressed but I'm not. Purchased one as a sample to decide whether to buy a handful more as gifts and I almost feel embarrassed just giving this one away. Also? It was my understanding that the Quik Pod Pro came not only with the attachable legs but with a bottle-top mount for mounting a camera to a water bottle. A novel idea that I was interested to try out. Perhaps I'm mistaken on this point but no such item was included in the pack I received.
The Quik Pod feels more like something I would pay $10 for than $30. Two stars, max.
And it does. But not with confidence. The telescoping elements of the Quikpod are a cheap plastic and are loosely fitted. When the pod is fully extended, the camera at the end will tilt to one side or the other during any kind of movement. You can hear the plastic rattling against itself.
I really wish I had done some more research and found a self-portrait arm with some quality to it. The Quikpod is just too shoddy to really be trusted with a camera unless you're using it for one shot and then putting it away.
The tripod legs that come with it are metal and actually provide some friction when extended - which is what I wish the rest of the Quikpod was like. The unfortunate thing is that this small metal tripod screws into a weak plastic base. There's no reason to think that the Quikpod won't crack at some point and lose its ability to act as an impromptu tripod.
The function is sound, but the form is troubling. I recommend avoiding this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
sadly, cheaply made, the holds dont hold well and the end piece for the leg attachment eventually fell off. Read morePublished 10 months ago by SF reviewer
Came in an open box without the legs. Only reason I purchased it was for the legs for family pictures for a vacation trip planned for spring break. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Anonymous
Pretty bad-ass especially after I installed a length of velcro to also strap it to things as my Ultra-pod does.Published 15 months ago by Gerald Fuller
I kept this product since i was bringing it with me over sea- but so far i haven't use it more than 4x in my life!
what a waste.. Read more
Great product, I bought it as a gift for my in laws that are going on a trip to Europe and they totally loved it! it was delivered sooner than expected too...Published 18 months ago by Leisy Cerro