5.0 out of 5 stars Great color!
I ordered these boardshorts for my husband because he likes really long swim trunks. The red is a great color and the fabric is nice. One item to note, there is no netting inside like some other men's trunks.
Published on April 7, 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit too large
yes, these do fit a bit on the larger side. i found myself constantly pulling up & readjusting them.
they are also a bit long. got a better fitting pair last week
Published 15 months ago by dnero

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color!, April 7, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Boardshorts..., June 24, 2013
First, board-shorts are not supposed to have netting or elastic. That stuff is for people who go to the beach and sit around in the sun. What a waste of time. An elastic is just not going to hold your shorts in place in a wipe out, and netting... Well, I don't even know what that is for.

These fit exactly as sized. They look big first, but fit well. They are well made and feel good in the water. The only complaint I have is that the Velcro in the pocket has a gap in the middle. The gap looks like it is too small for a key to come out but I would like to have no doubt. When you go out surfing you like to leave everything in the car and just carry a key. That pocket needs to be bulletproof. So I'll add the piece that is missing. Its not a big deal. Other than that these shorts are awesome. The price is very low for shorts of this quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great As Before, September 10, 2012
I had already purchased these 2.5 yrs ago, and the lasted a long time for what they are. The color never faded, and only toward the end of its life did it start to fray and fall apart. but around $35 for 2.5yrs is GREAT in my book.

The shorts are comfortable, and made out of a very nice feeling material. It does not have any inside liner which is what I like. I live in Arizona so I swim all the time. during the summer it is every day, and the previous ones held up to that abuse, and these feel and look the same just a new color. So I am very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 25, 2012
Gillian (BUFFALO, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
I bought these shorts for my husband. We both love the colour and he says they are so comfortable and dry really quickly. He wants another pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., January 15, 2014
Received these 3 days after ordering. Very comfy. I play Volleyball in these and they breathe well and have a nice canvas type feel - durable feeling. I wear 32 pant side and ordered 33. Fit we'll with a slight loose fit which is what I prefer. Ordered another pair in red from another seller on Amazon and it's been 3 weeks still no package. - pipeline.. Anyhow. Ordering a 3rd pair here just to see if I get it before the second pair. Haha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greeeeat!, June 6, 2013
Is great, you will be a tropical fantasy of all the girls! i love these boardshort! excellent quality! amazing!!! great!

5.0 out of 5 stars True to size, February 14, 2013
Great product, read some reviews from other suits that ran small, others ran big. These were true to size. Comfortable and baggy, but not swaggy or douchy. Good stuff.

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit too large, August 6, 2013
they are also a bit long. got a better fitting pair last week

4.0 out of 5 stars Loose fitting, issue with velcro fly, October 15, 2014
Length:: 4:22 Mins

Overall: I like those board shorts, my first pair actually. I am using them as a pair of shorts as they don't have a liner (thus why they are board shorts). Construction and quality of these board shorts is very good. 2 what you can think of cargo pockets, deep enough to hold a thick wallet and keys in one pocket and an smartphone is the other. There is a draw string but it's more for show. I personally don't use it as it doesn't do anything. The negative to these shorts is the velcro fly. The velcro fly easily becomes a problem when carrying things in the pockets, like I mentioned above I carry my Wallet, keys and cell phone with me. Carrying things like this as you can imagine will weigh down the board short and cause them to slide down the waist while walking. Eventually the velcro will start to come undone. Unfortunately in my experience the only way to fix this is to undo the velcro entirely and re attach. This can be especially embarrassing when out in public as you will most likely expose your underwear. I would also note with the velcro fly that once it does de attach the shorts will start to fall down rather quickly. So make sure if you hear the velcro coming undone that you grab the shorts otherwise they will fall around your ankles (which would be completely embarrassing). I could be wrong but I think depending on the type of underwear your wearing this might also cause the velcro to come undone. As you will see in the video I am wearing somewhat thick boxer shorts, at times they get bunched up at the top and I think this causes the velcro to come undone as well.

I have worn these shorts out in public and have experienced the velcro de attaching multiple times, I have been mostly fortunate that no one has witnessed this (to my knowledge). If you watch my video review that I did for these shorts you will see what I mean about the velcro fly. I hope this review has been helpful and if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.
thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiksilver Board Shorts, July 8, 2014
Makishima (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Construction
- good materials
- top notch stitching
- thicker material, will not dry as fast, but will probably outlast any other pair of board shorts I own

Fit
- because they sit lower (like below the waist line, think low rise pants) they seem larger even though they may not be (as opposed to my oakleys)

Features
- dual cargo pockets, keys and wallet in one, phone in the other.

Verdict
- I like them but I'm still on the fence about the low rise thing, keep thinking they'll fall off when I get out of the pool

Quiksilver Men's Manic Boardshort, Navy, 38