Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mary Alice and Emily Brown, The Quilt Ladies Collection, Quilt Story and Quilt Patterns, Book 1 (The Quilt Ladies Book Collection)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 13, 2013
I found this on facebook so I was intriqued to read it, but I am thoroughly disappointed. It is highway robbery to ask people to pay for each chapter of a book and this book was so short it barely qualified for a good exerpt of a book. I am glad I didn't have to pay full price.
on April 11, 2012
When I first saw this series I was very excited, but I bought only the first 2 books for my Kindle because I wasn't sure I would like them. Story was very fun and interesting but dissappointed that it was only 35 pages! My Kindle purchase was $8.99 for 35 pages, I thought later that is a little too much for the size of the book. I have no plans on buying any more only because of the cost. A book this size should for a Kindle should be around the $2.99 range. Very dissappointed in the pricing!
P.S. I had also purchased "A Perfect Square (A Shipshewana Amish Mystery) (Kindle Edition)" around the same time and paid $9.99 for 352 pages! Well worth the price!
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
This is a missed opportunity to have ready explored the characters & ask involved on moving into a new community & trying to start up fresh. Just today missed the mark by barely riving on the important issues that were presented.
on January 6, 2014
Did not like it at all. It seemed like it was written for a class project in elementary school.Very juvenile.
on April 17, 2012
I LOVE THE QUILT LADIES!!!!! I feel like I am part of the story when I get to use the quilt pattern. I love that even though I am quilting by myself, it feels like I am actually a part of a group.
on January 7, 2013
I got so excited about The QUILT Ladies. I live with my husband and two sons I needed to this book:) I am a starting to take a lot of interest in quilting
on May 22, 2014
After working for a retail store in the town that their families had resided, Samuel decided it was time for him to find another job. He knew he would not be able to move up in his position in the place he worked. Never having lived more than three blocks from family, Mary Alice was scared to make such a gigantic move.
After the trip to Colfax, Iowa, the family found the store and the house that they would be living room and the store that Samuel would manage. Upon arrival Mr Anderson, the executor and banker handling the transfer of keys and a letter. This letter brought new's that the man who owned the store had died and his widow proposed an offer to Samuel and Alice to buy both the house and store. Mary Alice goes through the steps as a new woman to the community and how she will work and fit in with the ladies who lived in this small community. She meets one particular lady by the name of Emily Brown who will become a part of the Gordon's family.
on August 7, 2014