Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2009 7:56:50 PM PDT
S. Baker says:
What where your thoughts on Quinn's list of reasons why the other men in Sookie's life won't work out for her?

Posted on May 8, 2009 4:44:40 AM PDT
R. Roldan says:
When I read the conversation between Sookie and Quinn, it made me realize that Sookie has been a lot harder with Quinn than man in her life. Sookie has put her brother ahead of own interest and now, that someone is putting his family ahead of himself, Sookie doesn't like it. I thought Sookie was cold with Quinn when she broke up with him but that is my opinion. Quinn has a point that the other men in her life have not put her first. She has not been physically hurt when she has been with Quinn unlike all the rest of her suitors.

Posted on May 8, 2009 5:35:31 AM PDT
i loved Quinn's list of reasons...I wish i had that many men chasing after me.....jeez. quinn seems like he could end up with soook if he keeps proving himself like this..although in DAG she says a few times she regrets dating Quinn, i think its because shes confused with the blood bond and the fact that Eric was naked in her bed.....I would be confused as well .....Eric is very sexy....I know he's not real, but he's very sexxy

Posted on May 8, 2009 5:52:45 AM PDT
Alpha Reader says:
I thought Quinn hit the nail on the head when he said Sookie was hardest on him compared to the other fellas.
I always felt that Sookie was in the wrong for breaking up with Quinn, and that the reasons she gave were really awful and selfish (which she admits... but I was still annoyed with her) but Quinn articulated his grievances really well. I think he really put Sookie in her place.
.... Even though I giggled at Bill's "I will make you a rug on my floor", I was totally Team Quinn when he was arguing with Sookie!

Posted on May 8, 2009 8:06:28 AM PDT
K. Borel says:
I thought Quinn was right about Sookie being harder on him. I'm an Eric lover myself, but I don't think he will be the one for Sookie. I also thought that Quinn bringing up Sam in that conversation may have some meaning. Maybe he can see something between Sookie and Sam that she hasn't realized yet? I hope we see more of Quinn in the next book, because Sookie didn't resolve any of her feelings for him. The "babe" thing kinda gets on my nerves, but I hope he is still a contender for Sookie.

Posted on May 8, 2009 8:41:08 AM PDT
Leona says:
I don't blame quinn for feeling that sookie is hard on him, but I'm not really a fan of his, so while I can see where he's coming from it didn't bother me that sookie chose not to continue things with him. As for quinn's recap on the others....I think he is more than a little biased towards thinking ill of the vamps (and again, I can understand his reasons). However, he doesn't know eric or bill and I found his assumption about how they'd behave to be just that...an assumption.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2009 9:12:50 AM PDT
A. Solomon says:
I think "babe" is annoying too. Just like Ranger in the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series. I am a devout Eric fan and hope things work out.

Posted on May 8, 2009 7:15:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2009 7:21:23 PM PDT
Melin says:
I am a fan of Quinn. I can not even explain what it is about him that makes me such a fan. I started the series mid way thorough and went back and reread all of the books in sequence...Maybe this is my reason. Who knows.

I have no use (or respect) for Bill. Eric always makes me wonder what his angle is going to be. I admit that Eric has feelings for Sookie but he always seems to be the one causing problems in Sookies life.

Any real or serious potential suitor for Sookie (I.E. Huminish, possible children and same life span) is not good enough for her. Quinn and Sam always have a problem according to her. Quinn had a very real point about her being harder on him.

The other thing that bothered me about Quinn in Dead and Gone was how is character was written. The Quinn I read about who protects his mom, sister and Sookie (by taking an arrow for her or killing for her) would not throw Bill into her. That just seems out of character for either Bill or Quinn.

Oh and the "Babe" thing I can handle better than "My lover"!

Posted on May 8, 2009 8:18:22 PM PDT
S. Baker says:
I felt that Bill and Quinn were caught up in their rage and jealousy of each other. They put their pride and ego first while putting Sookie to the side. Eric does go out of his way to make sure she is secure and safe. I always believe their is so truth in criticism and Quinn hit on some great points.

Posted on May 8, 2009 9:02:35 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I never found Quinn that attractive but I give him credit for confronting Sookie. Her need to "come first" borders on the immatue when her man is taking care of his family (responsibility is a good trait after all). However, if I recall Quinn was oddly out of touch with her during that time period...why wouldn't he explain his family issues, stay in touch with Sookie and try to resume the relationship once his family crisis was over? Having said all that, the scene in D & G with Quinn was strange...he drives up to her house (again no phone call) and they have this somewhat bizarre discussion after several months of not seeing each other??

Posted on May 9, 2009 2:59:56 PM PDT
Ginger Newby says:
I really liked Quinn, I have a thing for shaved heads.

I see her point about him not having time for her, none of the others did either. She always expects them to come to her. She could have gone home with him and his sister after the bombing, if she wanted to give the effort. She could have gone to Fangtasia these months in between these books.

I'm not feeling her emotions at all in these last few books. I've been reading other series waiting for this one to come out, and they make these books seem distant, like I'm watching them from a block away. I just don't feel her.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2009 8:41:24 AM PDT
Melin says:
I think you hit it on the head. I have not been able to be on Sookie's emotional side in a very long time. I have seen other people write the same thing. She has become someone that we as readers can not relate to.

Posted on May 10, 2009 2:54:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2009 2:59:06 PM PDT
Kristen says:
I also think that the 'babe' thing is annoying. I understand Sookie's need to be first in Quinn's life. She has never really been first for anyone and she deserves that. Quinn's mother will always be a liability as blackmail (as she has in the past as well). You can even say that her betrayal led to the fall of Sophie-Anne, which is no small feat. Quinn and his family are complicated and dramatic which Sookie does not need because she has a lot of that in her own life (before he was even it!). I am glad that she let him go when she did, no need to string something along that has no future.

Posted on May 22, 2009 9:57:58 PM PDT
B. L. Ross says:
If this is all CH was going to do with Quinn in this book, then why bring him up at all? Only reason I could see is the comparason of lovers (which Sookie seems to have too many of, if you ask me). Good point that he could have called her. Maybe they don't have phones in Las Vegas? Maybe that was to show that he'll defy the vampires. I've always wondered if the vampires set him up by releasing his mother in the first place. Kind of convenient that that happened when they wanted to take over Louisiana and he'd just done the wedding there.

Posted on May 23, 2009 2:46:47 AM PDT
luv2read says:
B L Ross- I agree. I didn't get why CH brought Quinn into DAG. It seemed like every character either had a cameo or a mention like we would forget who they all were by the next book. Quinn would have an opportunity to come back since the Nevada vamps took over Louisiana, and he's under their thumb. I guess his appearance was to make the Quinn lovers happy.

The Quinn/Sookie relationship was never that strong. They seldom saw each other since he was always travelling so Sookie's I'm-not-first reasoning is spurious; she wasn't first to begin with.

Also Quinn being that upset in DAG was weird; plus why didn't he show up during the day when no vampires would be around? In ATD, even he had qualms about their relationship after the blood bond incident with Eric and Andre. Then he doesn't try to contact or see Sookie in FDTW until the night of the takeover? Is he just mad that she broke up with him first and that's why he can't let it go? Not sure why he was necessary to the plot in this one.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2009 3:36:03 PM PDT
Jeancarlo says:
"B. L. Ross says:
If this is all CH was going to do with Quinn in this book, then why bring him up at all? Only reason I could see is the comparason of lovers (which Sookie seems to have too many of, if you ask me"

My guess... so Sookie can try a warm... lover, without it being Sam?
1. Sookie just Really found out what it would mean to be involved with a pack-minded guy (Calvin).
2. Quinn, tho not portrayed in the same depth/detail as Calvin and Hotspot, was also a pack-minded were-animal (i.e. care more for his immediate family).
3. Sookie had "big lust" for Quinn, same thing she has with Eric, and she definitely had some kind of emotional... tie with Eric even prior to the bonding... she was confused with Eric, horny as heck, and Quinn was available. For someone who admitted to wanting to be careful with her "next relationship", she jumped the sack with Quinn after being told/promised that they can spend more time LATER (good line to get in her pants) - something she later specifically regretted.

Posted on Jul 11, 2009 10:09:03 PM PDT
Sookie and Quinn relationship was not developed at all. Sookie never inquired about his family. She slept with Quinn before even knowing anything about his past or present. She only knew where he lived and what he did for a living. She had to find out about his mother and sister by second hand information. Everyone was in awe of him and she nver asked why. Sookie and Alcide knew more about each other on the first day of their meeting than Quinn and Sookie did over 3-4 months. She wasn't harder on him than anyone else, she really didn't care. Sookie wasn't really interested in him. Just horny. It's irritating because there's no way we could think that relationship was going anywhere. Eric was right, that she didn't know anything about him just like Bill. Even if Bill was there under a false pretense she learned more about his dead family than Quinn's live family. She knew more about Calvin's family than Quinn's. She actually asked Calvin about his children. Can you believe she asked! She didn't ask Quinn anything. I was disappointed that she jumped into bed so quickly if she was really was interested in a relationship with him. She really needs to get some computer skills so she could of googled him!!!! ;')

Sookie regrets sending Quinn away and admitting it might have been a big mistake, I agree because she never took the time to get to know him. His family issues and her family issues are about the same the only difference is that she would of told him everything and he wouldn't. If Quinn would of just called her when his mother went missing to tell her he wouldn't see her for awhile they would of had a chance. Why couldn't the person who came to get Frannie's car have left a note?

Sookie broke up with him for the right reason but didn't say it very well. The fact that she had to find out about his Mother, Sister and The Pit Fighting from others that was enough reason to break up with him.

Quinn"s right that with Bill and Eric she will always be second to their businesses. Sookie would be first with Sam but none of us want her to go in that direction. I don't want Eric to be killed so she can be free of the blood bond, come on. Sookie wanted him before that even happen. I don't want her to end up with Bill, Sookie can forgive but never forget. The relationship was built on a lie from the beginning.

Posted on Jul 12, 2009 5:56:01 AM PDT
Amy Lobianco says:
Maybe the purpose of Quinn's character was to show her that she actually deserves to be first in someone's life. I mean, with Bill and Eric she kinda just takes what she can get from them and doesn't question it too much. Maybe Quinn taught her to expect more from her relationships. I think Eric has the potential to be what she needs and wants in a "man", but he's not quite there yet. He HAS taken better care of her than any man in her life to date, so that's something. As for Quinn I think he, like Bill, really does love her but maybe not enough. Bill left her with no explanations, Quinn left and didn't make any attempts to contact her. I think in her place all of us would interpret Quinn's actions (or in this case, lack thereof) as that of ending the relationship. Eric wanted her to live with him in his house, he wanted her to be safe with him, not just safe in general. Eric seems to always be there for her when it really counts, despite the "cost" to him and I think she recognizes that. I think of Sam as more of a brother than a potential lover. He's assumed that role for her since Jason is so incapable of it. I just don't see any sparks with Sam.

Posted on Jul 12, 2009 8:20:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2009 8:22:26 AM PDT
L. Burns says:
Although I wasn't crazy about Quinn I think that their relationship was the first one that followed a more "normal" process: She meets him, finds him attractive, starts to get to know him then sleeps with him. She has some regrets about having slept with him so early in the relationship ( most people have done this at least once or twice ). The relationship never really gets off the ground and he does force her to acknowledge her role in the whole thing. Quinn cared about her but was not obsessed with her; he wasn't looking to sweep her off her feet or tell her how she needed to live her life. When you think about her relationships with Bill and Eric they are very one-sided - she takes a completely passive role. On Sookie's part there is a lot of pouting when she's angry or disappointed - she seldom (if ever) confronts issues head on or initiates a difficult conversation. Perhaps the relationship with Quinn will lay the groundwork for a more mature/equal relationship with one of the others. Kind of my long-winded way of saying that Sookie needs to grow up before any of these relationships could possibly work.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2009 8:24:09 PM PDT
LJ Cole says:
Melin: Just have to say I totally agree with everything said here. I like Quinn, personally have a lot of respect for him and his actions, and can put up with "babe" if he can put up with me saying "dude" every once in a while when I'm annoyed.

And WHAT is up with this "my lover" stuff? Seriously? First time I've heard someone else take issue with it. Makes me want to puke every time Eric says it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2009 3:22:25 PM PDT
Melin says:
L.J. Cole: I think that you are the only one that agrees with the need to puke every time I read the "my lover" endearment. So many people are ready to swoon every time the read it!

Posted on Aug 13, 2009 9:24:04 AM PDT
OCD Reader says:
First off - the "my lover" endearment is just so Eric. If you go back to Book 2, he breaks this guys nose because he should treat his "future lover" with more respect. Only the Big Viking Vamp could pull off this line and I admit, I absolutely love it. And, I tolerate "babe" out of Quinn because I think it fits his character. As for the men in Sook's life, its Eric all the way - at least until its played out completely and honestly. I don't think Sookie human-side will be dominant so a human male would never work. I know that Vamps can't impregnate humans in CH's world, but has anyone ever thought that Eric may be part-fae as well as Vamp - you know the whole same hair color thing constantly stated in the books as well as the long relationship w/ Niall. Just a thought that maybe we could have a fae child between the two. I don't think CH has completely lost it in her writing and she definitely had a pregnancy theme going in the last book.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:25:02 PM PDT
if I were Sookie I would go with Quinn. Quinn is more human than Bill or Eric, Quinn and Sookie actually have a future together. Eric might be charming and mysterious and Eric is someone Sookie wouldn't have dreamed to have a romantic relationship with.So when Eric start showing his soft sides to Sookie, she begins to have second though about Quinn. 1000 year old big blonde viking vs a tiger? XD I can understand why Sookie dumped Quinn for Eric. I feel like Sookie is being a female jerk when she broke up with Quinn. I mean, why would any normal female(telepath or not) think it's bad to date a man who cares about his family?
I think Bill also helped out on kicking Quinn out of Sook's life. When the vamps from vegas came to her house, Bill said both Eric and himself would die for sookie,but Quinn can't, Quinn has to take care of his family. And Sookie realized that, and so the day later she give that excuse to Quinn to break up with him. Instead of, the real reason, that Eric remembered all the wildness and romance they shared during the few days Eric stayed at Sookie's House. (I think this is the real reason behind Sook's break up with Quinn, she wants that innocent and gentle Eric, and now that Eric is coming back).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  May 7, 2009
Latest post:  May 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about