Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2010 1:06:41 PM PST
Nikki V. says:
I'm on a quest to find a good cookbook for my new endeavour into veganism. I have had a love heat relationship with vegetarianism for many years, and it was for two major reasons; 1. I was unknowingly suffering from gluten intolerance (which triggered major IBS symptoms, ADD and skin irritations), and 2. I was a junk food vegetarian, and didn't do the correct nutrition planning. I've been Gluten Free for 5 years now, and in the last year I discovered quinoa. It quickly became a staple in mine and my daughter's diet, but I started to experience subtle relapses of IBS and ADD again. By accident I found out that, while quinoa is technically not a glutenous grain, it still acts like a gluten once it's in your system. For anyone who is opting for a truly gluten free diet, please be aware that while quinoa seems like a miracle for Celiac's, it's actually a wolf in sheep's clothing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-Free, Animal-Free Recipes
The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-Free, Animal-Free Recipes by Susan O'Brien (Paperback - December 25, 2007)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (140)