Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Quirky BND-1-CW1 Bandits All-Purpose Rubber Bands with Hooks (10-pack)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 4, 2013
I found my first set at Bed Bath and Beyond. I am on Amazon today to order sets as Christmas presents for my husband's brothers and sisters. I used about half the set yesterday organizing my computer cords. I was so tired of them being all tangled and when I went to fix it I discovered that one of the cats had pucked on the modem box. So my goal was not only to straighten out the cords, but suspend the items above the floor. First I clipped the huge binder clips (2" wide black) to the edge of my desk. I then used the Hang Tight bungee hooks to suspend every thing from the binder clips. Even the power bar. I brought all of the cords together and used a bungee hook to keep them together. Best arrangement ever. The smallest ones are hard to stretch, but once they do they hold the item where you placed it. They are supporting the modem and the wireless modem on the metal leg of my desk and the items have not slipped a bit. Sorry to be wordy, but these are the best,
on June 27, 2014
I first ordered these a couple years ago, and have since ordered two more packs. The most brilliant thing about them is that they're as useful as elastic bands, but the hook lets them go on and off so quickly that you can use them in situations where an ordinary elastic or bungee would be cumbersome. The way you fasten them (wrap the elastic around and hook) is easier than twisting and pulling through regular elastic bands, and make it possible to use them in cases where you couldn't use a regular band, like when what you're trying to attach has ends affixed to something too large to be pulled through the loop.

I carry some in my day bag and keep some more in my travel kit. They're in semi-permanent use for a dozen applications around my home and office. Some of the maybe less-obvious ones:

- The wrist strap on my umbrella came loose, so I removed it and threaded a Bandit through to replace the strap. Not only does it do the job of replacing the wrist strap, the hook makes it easy to attach the umbrella to an easy-to-reach place on my bag or jacket when I'm out and about in the rain. When I need to stow it on a sunny day in a bag I need to carry with me, instead of trying to stuff it inside or having it dangle from the outside of the bag, I sit the end in the side mesh-pocket and use the Bandit to lash the other end so it stays firmly in place. And when I'm walking in the rain, I often attach my shopping bag or water bottle to the hook so I have a free hand even while holding the umbrella.

- I keep crutches around because of an on-again, off-again limp, and they were _always_ getting knocked over with a loud clatter no matter where I tried to stow them. I bound them together with a Bandit around the hand-holds, and now they stick together as a unit, which also makes them less likely to clatter to the ground.

- But even if you don't have crutches, you probably have brooms and mops, or a vacuum and attachments, or other things like that that tend to fall down when jostled, and lashing them together with Bandits keeps them stable and tidy.

- When I need to get my long hair out of the way for cooking or shaving or a shower, the smallest Bandit is much easier to use than a regular hair elastic—just wrap it around the ponytail and hook, no stretching and pulling the hair through multiple times. It's a little too weird-looking to use it all day when I want an up ponytail, but for these quick uses it's great.

- My "tech go-bag" has lots of cables and cords in it. You can coil and wrap these however you like, but they can still tangle in transit. There are lots of gizmos (some by Quirky as well) you can buy to deal with this, but there's no need for unitaskers if you have Bandits. Just use the "figure-eight wrap" (hold one end of the cord between thumb and middle finger, then make the "hook 'em horns" sign by extending the index and pinky fingers, then wrap the rest of the cord around those two fingers in a figure-eight patterns) and then stay it with a small Bandit. You can even do this with multiple cords at once with a single Bandit—they won't tangle together.

- I have a "travel charging kit" (see LifeHacker at [...] for a DIY example) with a USB hub, charging battery, and several connectors and cables. Bandits are perfect for lashing the bits (the hub, the power supply brick) and the cords to a case with elastic stays inside, such as the Skooba Cable Stable (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058S883K/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1) . Everything stays perfectly in place whether I'm on the go or the case is unzipped and open for charging, so no need to repack it, ever.

- I've replaced many small equipment carabiners with Bandits; when the item isn't too heavy, the Bandit is less bulky and heavy.

- I keep an assortment in my toolbox; you can handle many "I need somebody to hold this for me" situations by yourself with creative use of Bandits. (Tip: get a snake light, and then if you can affix _any part_ of the light to something solid, you can point the light to where it's needed.)

As you use them, you'll just keep finding more and more ways they come in handy. Really, really recommended.
on August 20, 2013
I love these things. They are versatile and easier to use then velcro and last longer. Sure, velcro is cheaper in bulk at the hardware store, but it eventually breaks or tears, and I can't be nearly as creative with its use.

Is the item too small for the band? Wrap it around twice. Is the item to big for the band? Hook two bands together. Seriously, I love these little things.
on June 22, 2013
I bought these originally from Quirky. They really come in handy. I use them mostly for my hairdryer, curling iron, etc. My only gripe is that you can't choose the sizes you want. Some of them are ridiculously small. I can't even think of what I would use them for. Otherwise, it's a great product. Buy on Amazon - Quirky's shipping rates are ridiculous.
VINE VOICEon June 7, 2013
I recently had a few jobs around the house that needed a small band ... hanging some items from the handle of my stove (needed the larger ones for that), slipping one around a door knob so I could hang something ... but have found these quite handy for a lot of little jobs. In fact, the larger size works to hook under the canestay on my husband's cane and hang it up on a knob. It also works to attach the cane to small items (like the sides of a shopping cart.

While it is nice having the different colors, it would be handier if each size were a different color to make them easier to pick out of a drawer. It would also be nice if they had a bit more stretch to them.

This is one of those tools you don't know you need till you have it around and start grabbing it for this job or another. I picked my first set up at a local stationary store, and have picked up a second set here on Amazon.
on March 27, 2012
I love these bands! I own two sets and not one has broken. It is basically a hair-tie like band with a plastic hook. The hook is very solid. You get three sizes: 1.5 inches wide, 2.5 inches wide and 3.5 inches wide (approximately). I use these bands for wrapping power cords and binding materials when I have to pack-up my office to visit a client. Very useful! I paid $6 at Safeway of all places.
on March 5, 2014
Found these at a Brick & Mortar store by accident on clearance. Wish I would've bought out the whole peg of them!! These things are fantastic and versatile!!

Went on an extended vacation with 4 adults in the mini-van, and brought a 5-gallon water cooler on wheels. Didn't have a bungee cord available, so took three of these, and anchored the water cooler to the back of the driver's seat. Viola`! No more ice water all over the van on those sudden corners!! Amazing that these little bands didn't give up the goat and break, considering the workout they had that week!

I also use these for my keeping my hair tool cords in order, both at home and while traveling. So many uses, actually. I'm sure to be buying more of these as I find them, since they are such handy tools, they tend to get "legs" on occasion.
on January 28, 2014
This is a great product. In addition to obvious uses, such as securing the cords to my hair dryer and flat iron, I've used Quirky Bandits to keep the shower caddy from slipping off the shower head; to hold the oven door shut tight (along with a wire contraption my husband created, so the Quirky Bandit does not come in contact with anything hot); and to secure a broken section of a lamp base. That sounds terrible, but you can't see it, and I don't want to give up a beautiful lamp just because a part is no longer available. I like these bands so much, I bought some as stocking stuffers at Christmastime and that person is already putting them to good use as well.
on October 13, 2015
I was tired of storing and using rubber bands only to have them snap my skin when they got old and broke for my corded home items. I saw these and thought I'd give them a try. I paid 8.49 for a pack of 10. When I got them, they looked okay and seemed sturdy. I quickly took my soon to break rubber band off of my blow dryer and used one of these bands. It was a little cumbersome to wrap the band and then try to hook the other side of the band into the plastic hook that's on the band. It's also a little cumbersome to unwrap the cord too. I'm pretty sure they'll last longer than a rubber band, but I don't know if I'd buy these again. They're probably good for non everyday use items, but if you use an item everyday, it's just a tad bit tedious work. No big deal though. It serves the purpose I bought them for. The hook part is a bit too over curled, but I think if they didn't design it this way, the band would always fall off. If you have tendonitis or carpal tunnel, it might not be a good product for you. You do need dexterity to use these, but not to a high degree. I'm on the fence with recommending these...they're just 'ok'.
on June 23, 2014
I'm still finding ways to use and re-use these bands. I took some to work and budled a bunch of crap... I mean "valuable stuff"... that was cluttering up my desk drawer and another to bundle together some stuff on a shelf. What a difference! I'm not kidding when I say that there more uses for these than I first realized! These could be great stocking stuffers this year!