4.0 out of 5 stars Add one thing to make this product perfect
The only negative I read on Amazon was the inability of this stand to in fact stay in place. That feedback is totally justifiable.
My solution. Use the 3M wall picture 2 part mounting sticker square to keep the stand in place and change the location if needed.
Published 24 months ago by Jennifer D. St Georges

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool concept, won't stay put
Maybe it's my fault for not reading the description more carefully, but this product really needs a sturdier base. I put all my cables through this thing, and it just flopped over off my desk. Really if this is meant to organize cables that are connected to potentially relatively heavy objects, it should at least be heavier itself. Whatever.
Published on February 13, 2012 by Audrey Son

‹ Previous | 1 2 380 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay product, October 24, 2011
The concept is great. However the build on the product is limited to smaller cables (Apple specifically). The larger cables (like external hard drives and audio cords) don't work well because their diameter is larger.

Overall, an okay product.

3.0 out of 5 stars worth less, January 4, 2014
floats around on my desk, doesnt hold cords tight, no help with cable management. doesnt do what i was hoping it would do.

edit:
nearly a year later and i finally found a use for it, i screwed it into the side of my desk and use it to hold my unused chargers in place. it now has worth. instead of being worthless, id now say its worth less then they are charging for it. $5 with prime shipping seems a bit more fair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good idea but isn't., November 19, 2013
I thought this would be brilliant so I could have my iPad charger, iphone charger, and maybe a spare charger for one of my kids phones or kindle on my nightstand, neat and ready to use. It's a heavy base, but unfortunately with any use at all it still moves all over my nightstand. If I pull on a cord, to extend it out so I can plug in/use my phone while laying in bed, the whole thing just moves all over and usually falls off the edge between my bed and nightstand. I've thought about glueing it or drilling it in place, which would make it very functional, but I don't want to ruin my nightstand. Instead I'm using several of the kind that stick on, and I'm sticking them on the back of my nightstand, so my cords are still handy and I can pull on one to extend it out without messing it all up. This product wouldn't work very well glued onto the back of my nightstand; it holds the cords so stiffly that I it's really hard to pull out a cord and I think it would just come out of the holder altogether. I then tried this product on top of our computer desk and used it to hold other cords--the same thing happened where when you try to pull out one cord to use it, the unit moves all over the desk and usually falls off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it does., December 2, 2012
Over priced, to be sure, but it does hold the wires and cords on the desktop. I think it silly that the different colors have a different price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh, it's okay, November 16, 2012
Neat idea, but quite honestly, I don't think it's heavy enough. When I unplug everything the weight of the cords hanging over the desk pulls this thing until it hits the wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small cable organization, August 21, 2012
M. Farley (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This is great for keeping small diameter cables accessible. Specifically, I use it to keep the charging cables for my cell phone, tablet, camera, and ipod all handy while the chargers themselves are tucked away behind a desk. If you've ever had a cord that annoys you by falling behind a table or desk when something isn't plugged into it, then this is for you. It's made of something heavy (Metal? I'm not sure.) with a nice rubbery coating. The weight is what keeps it in place, so there's no damage to whatever you're putting it on.

One thing to note is that this is designed for smaller cords (e.g. about the size of an iPod cable). You can go a little bigger than that, but not too much before they just start getting stuck. So don't expect it to hold the cords for your electric lawn tools or Chevy Volt or anything like that.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and would buy this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, needs sticky on the bottom, January 21, 2012
This thing does a great job holding cords in place, the only problem is I thought the bottom would have been a lot heavier and had a little more of a rubberized footing to prevent skidding off a slick wood surface. I am using this on my nightstand in lieu of a charging station that is both more expensive and requires all the device covers to be removed. It works great, but I had to add some sticky material (command strip-like) to the bottom to keep it from moving around on my nightstand when I put wires in/out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordie solves a problem, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Quirky Cordies Desktop Cable Management for power cords and charging accessory cables (White) (Personal Computers)
The Quirky Cordies Desktop Management gaget solved the problem of how to control charger cords for a cell phone, a kindle and a loptop. The previous solution was to let the cord ends hang from a drawer pull.

The Quirky Cordie now holds all of the charger cords neatly in place until they are needed. The Cordie devise has enough weigth to stay in place by itself.

The extra cord lengths were corraled by a Quirky Plug Hub box. I recommend that too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy from this company, September 18, 2014
I bought this product and after I received it, I thought the stability on it was not great but if positioned carefully it would hold my cables for easy access. Seeing not many better looking products available, I ordered a second unit but I opted to go with one sold from Amazon LLC. When I received the one sold by Amazon LLC I realized that this company sold me a subpar product. It looked like the one in the picture but in fact it was a cheaper made unit. The correct unit had great counter weight and did not fall or move around when I disconnected cables. 5 stars for the correct unit sold by Amazon. 3 stars for the one I received from this company. 0 stars for the company trying to pass off a similar, less quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, April 21, 2014
Moaz (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This bas is quite heavy and does not move around, so it works well in keeping the cables organized and neat.

‹ Previous | 1 2 380 | Next ›