4.0 out of 5 stars Add one thing to make this product perfect
The only negative I read on Amazon was the inability of this stand to in fact stay in place. That feedback is totally justifiable.
My solution. Use the 3M wall picture 2 part mounting sticker square to keep the stand in place and change the location if needed.
Published 23 months ago by Jennifer D. St Georges

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool concept, won't stay put
Maybe it's my fault for not reading the description more carefully, but this product really needs a sturdier base. I put all my cables through this thing, and it just flopped over off my desk. Really if this is meant to organize cables that are connected to potentially relatively heavy objects, it should at least be heavier itself. Whatever.
Published on February 13, 2012 by Audrey Son

4.0 out of 5 stars Add one thing to make this product perfect, January 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to a long-standing problem, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Quirky Cordies Desktop Cable Management for power cords and charging accessory cables (Black) (Personal Computers)
I LOVE this product! Intend to order more. It keeps my charger wires (cellphone, laptop) and my USB cords neat and easily accessible. Is heavy enough that it doesn't fall off the table itself; and discreet enough that it can be tucked away behind a pen stand or vase. Perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical but Imperfect, January 23, 2012
When I bought the Quirky Cordies (which sounds odd considering I only bought one), I was also considering the Blue Lounge Sumo. I ended up buying both, and they each have their uses, but let me distinguish the two and mention a few things about the Cordies.

Positives:

1.) I ended up using the Cordies for managing all the charge and sync cables coming out the back of my iMac, keeping them readily accessible for me at all times without reaching behind the screen. On an iMac, that might not seem like a big deal, but not needing to reach behind your computer becomes even more beneficial to those with towers, or CPUs, below their desk.

2.) Speaking of that iMac, the design of this piece complements Apple products quite well, being just slightly eccentric, but cleanly styled.

3.) Considering it holds four cables, it's a lot more appropriate than the BlueLounge Sumo for such an application, since most people looking into cable management have more than two cables coming out of their computer.

4.) It's decently weighted. There seems to be just enough weight to keep it from sliding around without being so heavy as to lead anyone to suggest that it could be lighter.

Negatives:

1.) It only has four slots, which might seem like enough to some people. However, for the same reason USB hubs are sold, I would suggest that a six-slot model would be even more practical for some people. Perhaps making it longer than that would make it cumbersome.

2.) It only keeps the cables from sliding straight through. Some cables are springy, and they can all be bumped. The result of each quality is that cables can be accidentally extracted vertically, over the top of the piece.

3.) The design is simple, but, in leaving the cables so clearly visible above it, does not create as clean of a presentation as something like the aforementioned Sumo.

Now, it's pretty clear that the positives are nice for a cable management piece in this price range, and the negatives are hardly that negative. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Fits my Apple and Android cables, August 26, 2012
J. Powell (Mid-Atlantic, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Length:: 0:43 Mins

Fits a variety of cables. Including my Apple, Kindle, Power cord to my Bose dock and others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these products from Quirky -- this is just what I needed, May 17, 2011
i used to struggle to keep my cords on the desk and would just put them under my monitor stand so they won't fall behind my desk. I have a laptop which I also use as my main computer with an LCD monitor and a nice set of desk speakers and external USB hard drives -- of course all these have cables that plug into my laptop when docked on my desk. Now with this wonderful product I no longer have to go fishing for my cords behind my desk ... this product has just enough weight so that it can sit on the desk and firmly hold your cords without it ending up behind your desk as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool concept, won't stay put, February 13, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A cord holder I don't have to stick to my nightstand!, May 5, 2011
Anjela Bugher (Redmond, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I have several electronic devices I plug in at my bedside every night, and I've been looking for a cord holder that doesn't require me to use mounting tape in order to stick it to the nightstand. Better yet, one that hangs onto more than one cable, as it seems I just keep collecting devices.

This does the job perfectly. It's solid and stable and heavy enough to hang onto three USB cables and a laptop power cord without moving, but it's small enough it fits neatly on the nightstand without looking too out-of-place.

You do have to pull the cords out of the holder and pop them back in when you're done, which is only inconvenient because they can easily get tangled if you're not careful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay product, October 24, 2011
The concept is great. However the build on the product is limited to smaller cables (Apple specifically). The larger cables (like external hard drives and audio cords) don't work well because their diameter is larger.

Overall, an okay product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks quite unlike what you see in the picture., September 20, 2013
As the title suggests, I was a bit (just a bit) disappointed once I removed the item from its packaging. As shown in the photos on amazon, you will notice that the base has a more tight/smaller footprint. However upon viewing the item in hand, the size of the base appears considerably larger and not quite as elegant as what was shown in photos. The white version looks more grey than I was expecting (understandable, the available photos are for marketing). Really, all in all these are minor aesthetic issues. Just remember, what you see in the photos on Amazon in terms of the size of the base, increase its reach by about twice that size and you will understand. Some may think this isn't a big deal, but when you're looking for an elegant solution for cable management, and something you're gonna have to see sitting on your desk day in & out - then it becomes an issue.

There is also a Cordie that has a metal base for just a few $ more. I certainly wish that I had seen it before placing a purchase on this particular one.

Depending on the gauge & number of wire runs, you may have issues with some cables causing the cordie to not perform all that well. I have a psp video output cable running into my capture card, both it and several other cables are beginning to strain the cordie's ability to stay put.

Hope I was helpful, I will include photos to give an idea in comparison to the product photos provided by Quirky.

4.0 out of 5 stars New version gets it right.., May 18, 2014
I've purchased these twice. My first purchase was for two, my second for one. The first purchase brought two of the same size. The second purchase brought one of a larger size and heavier. See attached picture. The smaller size works well but is a little too light to securely weight the cables to the surface it sits on. I remedied this by using 'earthquake' putty, a re-useable, nonstaining adhesive putty.

The larger version is heavy enough that I don't need to use the putty. The larger and heavier model (new version?) is more useful in that I can move it around to suit my needs. The smaller and lighter version needs a little help in staying put. I like this product a lot. Cool industrial design, easy to use and doesn't bring undue attention to itself. Hopefully the larger design is the design they will use going forward.