4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, could be heavier
Published on April 13, 2012 by MNDoc

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great idea, but the execution could use some work.
I picked up one of these to use with my cables in my dorm, and it's done a decent job so far. It's a great idea, but there are just a few things that need some tweaking-- namely, the weight. Longer cables in particular will drag this little guy all over the place, which rather defeats the purpose.

PROS
+ Nice and nifty design. It looks pretty cool, and...
Published on July 28, 2012 by Christopher Lee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great idea, but the execution could use some work., July 28, 2012
This review is from: Quirky Cordies Desktop Cable Management for power cords and charging accessory cables (Metal) (Electronics)

PROS
+ Nice and nifty design. It looks pretty cool, and keeps your desk looking very neat.
+ Sturdy grip on the cables. If only it had a better grip on my desk!

CONS
- It's just a little too light. Long cables that I have to run to a desktop tower have the capacity to drag this thing backwards and off the table. That's really the only strike.

My advice; tape this down and you should be fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, February 16, 2014
Presumably the metal Cordies is sold to be heavier and therefore more study than the plastic version which many people say doesn't hold the cables down. The plastic Cordies for $13 is 118 grams. This metal version for a whopping $19 buckaroos is 136 grams, a whole 18 grams heavier. For comparison, that's the weight of 12 paper clips. Is 12 paper clips heavier worth 6 bucks more? More importantly, is a cord holder that barely stays still worth 20 bucks? You can buy a paper weight for half the price which weighs twice as much. Or do what I did after I needed another one of these and just used a giant binder clip and hooked it to my lamp. Works great, cost about $0.10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, could be heavier, April 13, 2012
MNDoc (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This is a good way to take all of the wires on a bedside stand or desktop and organize them for quick access without tangling. It has a tendency to slide; the wires themselves help hold the Cordie in place. A heavier base with a magnet would make it more functional. The color is great, and matches my Macbook Pro. I would recommend this product of you want to keep your wires separate; if you want to keep wires in one place without movement, look at another option.

3.0 out of 5 stars Holds cords well, March 15, 2013
I have been using the cordies for over a month and It does what it supposed to do, keep cords on the desk. The base isn't heavy enough to overcome the stiffness of my larger micro USB cord but it works great with the Apple iPod cable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting it to be heavier, February 4, 2013
Phillip U. (IL United States) - See all my reviews
I was specifically seeking a product that used weight as opposed to adhesives to manage my cord clutter. Overall, this product does what it's supposed to do. But, since it is non-adhesive, I expected it to be much heavier to avoid problems with excess cord weight dragging it off of my desktop. As it is, I have to ensure that I don't feed any cords through that would tug it down.

So, if you're in the market for such a product, just be aware that any moderate weight to your excess cord will pull this thing off your desk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for holding my charging cords, July 18, 2012
As others have said, it holds the cords well but is a bit light to keep it from moving around. Yes the base is flat, made of a hard rubber or plastic. Probably wouldn't slide around as much if a softer rubber base with more grip was used. As other reviews have indicated, it's not perfect but it does keep me from having to reach behind the desk and fish out charging cords before bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for my cords., May 10, 2013
The unit is sturdy and stays in place on the table when the 4 cords I use most of the time are set in it.Build quality is decent but if you plan to use thicker and heavier cords, then this may not work.

3.0 out of 5 stars works fairly well, February 10, 2012
troy. (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
As others have mentioned, I wish it had a bit more weight to it, but so far has done a nice job of holding our cords and keeping them from falling behind the desk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, February 21, 2013
I Plan to put sticky tape on bottom as they aren't heavy enough to support the weight of th cords, otherwise I am satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little flimsy, March 2, 2013
Good product, but a little flimsy and light. Stays put for the most part well on my desk, but can easily be bumped.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›