Most helpful positive review
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
tongs t t t tooongs
on July 12, 2012
Great concept, I love the idea & the implementation of it onto the product, it is exceptional.
1. *superb craftsmanship and quality.
2. has good weight to it (does not feel cheap)
CONS [1 & 2 applies to the average sized person (I'm 5'9"), people with big hands or who are 6' or taller should have no problems]
1. The tongs are quite large. 18½" is too long. 12½" or 13 would've sufficed.
2. The slide fork does not have to slide out all the way for it to be useful. They should have made the slide shorter so that a person can lock the fork into place with one hand easily rather than awkwardly or possibly two hands.
3. The serrated edge is not needed. It was probably a good idea at the time, but it really serves no purpose (if you need to cut something, use a knife)
*The first one I ordered had a flaw with the sliding fork. It was not sitting on the grooves properly making it very difficult to slide in and out. I chock that up as a factory problem as to where they were not doing frequent test checks. I was able to exchange it with postage already paid for and received the replacement the day after I dropped off the defective one at the post office.
The 4 of 5 stars are due to the cons and not the factory error.