This is a wonderful product. I can't say enough about the taste...It's yummy! Tastes like an orange julius....
Published on April 7, 2011 by Izabella

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Gone Bad
This was a good product until they added Surcalose. It ruins the taste and the artificial sugar will do you more harm than the CoQ10 does you good. I won't buy this again until they do away with the awful synthetic sugar.
Published on August 17, 2011 by Artie Dewey

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!! Great Taste, natural CoQ10 used, wish certain ingredients were removed..., April 7, 2011
Izabella (APPLE VALLEY, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Qunol Ultra High Absorption All Natural Liquid CoQ10 100mg, Orange Pineapple, 20 oz Bottle, 60-Servings (Health and Beauty)
"Liquid" CoQ10(which Qunol provides) is the best way for your body to absorb the benefits and there are A LOT of benefits to this supplement. What is CoQ10? CoQ10 is a vitamin-like nutrient that plays a vital role in cellular energy production. It is an important antioxidant is found in every cell in our bodies. It is also known as ubiquinone because its chemical structure is that of a quinone and it is ubiquitously distributed in nature. The USP refers to CoQ10 as Ubidecarenone. Great rersource: [...] . Okay, you're wondering....Huh??? In simple terms, your body naturally produces this enzyme but as we age, our body slowly stops producing it. As it stops producing it, you body definetely starts to change. From collagen production to cardio health to diabetes to cancer...this enzyme has been proven to help assist with your body's cellular production. Your body needs CoQ10 in order to produce collagen, and as we age, that is one factor to why we show the typical signs of youth deteriorate (wrinkles, loss of elasticity, etc..). It also it great for your cardiovascular health, not to mention a boat load of others(see all of the other benefits in the link above for more specifics)!
This particular product is wonderful as it uses a natural form of the enzyme. The only negitives to Qunol is (why I didn't give it a 5 star) is that there are some artifical ingredients that I can do without. After researching all of those, they aren't too bad but still not good either. I'm not a fan of sugar substitues and hope they substitue this with organic cane juice or agave as I would rather consume a small amout of the unrefined raw sugar vs. a synthetic artifical form of anything! I hope this helps you make a decision as this product quite good with a few minor not-so-goods, depending on your situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Qunol Liquid CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) vs. Qunol Mega CoQ10 (Ubiquinol), March 1, 2013
RWM (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
****
I was at Costco, noticed this product at a promotion stand, tried it, and thought it was alright. However, I had been taking it in the gel cap form, (See, Qunol Mega CoQ10 Softgels, 100 Mg, 120 Count), and prefer the gel cap for several reasons.

Here is a breakdown of the two products:

Qunol Liquid CoQ10 (See, Qunol Ultra High Absorption All Natural Liquid CoQ10 100mg 60-Servings)
Ubiquinone
Fat soluble
Not certified Kosher or Halal
$32.93 for 20 oz bottle on Amazon
$29.99 for 20 oz bottle at Costco
One year shelf life after opening
Refrigerate after opening
Servings per bottle: 60
Recommended Serving: two teaspoons
Cost per gel cap: $.55 (using Amazon's cost)
Contains soy
No GMOs
Cholesterol free
Mercury free
Vegetarian
Two teaspoons contain 100 mgs of Ubiquinone
Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Ingredients: Ubiquinone CoQ10, medium chain triglycerides, polysorbate 60, purified water, natural coenzyme Q10, citric acid, soy lecithin, potassium sorbate, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, alpha tocopherol and ethyl vanillin

Qunol Mega CoQ10 (See, Qunol Mega CoQ10 Softgels, 100 Mg, 120 Count)
Ubiquinol
Fat soluble
Not certified Kosher or Halal
$35.40 for 120 100 mg gel caps on Amazon
$34.99 for 120 100 mg gel caps at Costco
Recommended Serving: one gel cap
Cost per gel cap: $.30 (using Amazon's cost)
No soy
No GMOs
Cholesterol free
Mercury free
Not enteric coated
Not vegetarian
One 100 mg gel cap contains 100 mgs of Ubiquinol (Kaneka QH)
Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Ingredients: Ubiquinol (Kaneka QH), medium chain triglycerides, polysorbate 80, gelatin, glycerin, ascorbic palmitate, purified water, and annatto suspension in sunflower oil

Here's some helpful information about CoQ10.

CoQ10 is a nutrient that is said to have profound effects on our levels of energy, stamina, organ health, and immune system functionality. CoQ10 comes in two forms: Ubiquinone and Ubiquinol. Ubiquinone (also known as Ubidecarenon) is more common and widely known because it is the form most commonly sold commercially. Ubiquinone is the completely oxidized form of CoQ10. When taken, this supplement is actually metabolized within our bodies where it becomes Ubiquinol. Regular unsolubilized Ubiquinone does not dissolve in water and only poorly dissolves in fat. Therefore, regular unsolubilized Ubiquinone has poor absorption.

Ubiquinol is the strong, antioxidant form of CoQ10 which neutralizes free radicals and decreases cellular damage. Ubiquinone does not have this antioxidant effect. Ubiquinol supplements are in a form that has already been reduced to being a strong antioxidant. Ubiquinol is both water and fat soluble, so it provides superior absorption compared to regular unsolubilized Ubiquinone. When taken directly in this format it works more quickly and can be delivered in lower concentrations without worry that it is not being metabolized.

The problem arises with aging in many people. The ability of the body to metabolize is reduced significantly over time and many older folks will find it is difficult for the body to break down Ubiquinone into Ubiquinol. Therefore, although it will come at a greater cost, taking Ubiquinol after the age of 40 is a good idea.

Individuals over the age of 30 typically begin to see deterioration in the heart, lungs and liver even when sustaining a healthy lifestyle. That's why it's important to understand the level at which your body functions and metabolizes food and supplements, so that you can make the appropriate choice between Ubiquinone and Ubiquinol.

Primary dietary sources of CoQ10 include oily fish (such as salmon and tuna), organ meats (such as liver), and whole grains. Most people get enough CoQ10 through a balanced diet, but supplements may help people with particular health conditions or those taking cholesterol lowering statin medications, which wipe out CoQ10 from the body. Often those taking cholesterol lowering statin drugs like Lipitor, Zocor, Mevacor, Pravachol and Crestor have depleted levels of CoQ10. Adding Ubiquinol helps replenish missing CoQ10, sustaining the levels necessary to promote optimal heart health.

Ubiquinol is relatively new and more expensive to produce - so when the supplement contains Ubiquinol, the manufacturer is quick to point it out. When purchasing CoQ10, if the bottle does not mention which form it is, Ubiquinone or Ubiquinol, it is usually Ubiquinone as that is the cheaper of the two forms.

Recommended doses for those under the age of 35 is 100-200 mg of Ubiquinone once daily. Recommended doses for those over the age of 35 is 100 mg of Ubiquinol daily.

OPINION: Folks over 40 get better absorption from the gel cap because it's Ubiquinol as opposed to Ubiquinone. The liquid contains 60 servings, which is two teaspoons (100 mgs) daily. It doesn't taste bad (actually, it's pretty decent), although I suspect most folks mix it with juice or a smoothie. Both the liquid and gel cap forms are 100% fat soluble. Cost-wise, the liquid is considerably more expensive per serving.

RATING:

I rated Qunol Liquid CoQ10 four stars because it is Ubiquinone, whereas Qunol Mega CoQ10 Softgels is Ubiquinol; Qunol Liquid CoQ10's absorption is not as great as Qunol Mega CoQ10 Softgels, particularly for folks over 40; and Qunol Liquid CoQ10 is considerably more expensive than Qunol Mega CoQ10 Softgels. Also, Qunol Liquid CoQ10 contains soy, whereas Quonol Mega CoQ10 does not contain soy.

I rated Qunol Mega CoQ10 Softgels five stars.

I have separately reviewed both of these products.

Prices current as of 10/04/2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars Qunol actually works!, December 4, 2010
I've been taking CoQ10 for a while, under the direction of my cardiologist, as a supplement along with Crestor. I really did not feel well, with some muscle pain and weakness. I changed brands of pill form CoQ10 and felt much worse. So, I switched to Qunol. What a difference! I feel normal, healthy and have acceptable levels of energy. My experience mirrors many others on statins. The absorbable liquid form is by far the best.

I give it a full 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Gone Bad, August 17, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Natural and Artificial Flavors -, December 4, 2009
The artificial flavors are Ethyl vanillin, Polysorbate 60 and Sucralose. Ethyl vanillin is a synthetic (a.k.a. man-made) chemical additive used to enhance the flavor of vanilln; vanillin is a naturally occuring chemical that gives vanilla its flavor. Polysorbate 60 is created from petroleum. Surcalose is a sugar substitute (a.k.a. an artificial sweetener).

I would have given this product more stars as it has a sweet, creamy orange taste to keep you motivated to continue using the product, and I've been using this product for approximately a month and it does provide more energy and it helped me to get rid of a cold, but it contains a few artificial ingredients. The website I purchased this vitamin from listed all of the health benefits of the product but they did not show the back of the bottle for customers to see the list of ingredients, or else I would have purchased a CoQ10 that did not contatin any artificial ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Qunol appears to have what it takes, September 22, 2010
We are finishing up our first bottle of Qunol LIQUID CoQ10. 5 minutes after taking it for the first time, the hair suddenly went up on my head! At least, it's quick! And, obviously effective. At my age (75), my CoQ10 production is supposedly very low, and I have been taking capsules for years. However, this really does seem to make a noticeable difference to me, and to my wife, who has Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome. I was particularly interested in its supposedly superior absorption, as I was once told by a sewage treatment supervisor that every day, they find thousands of vitamin and other pills in the sewage. They passed through people's bodies like rocks, and did just as much good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irregular heart beat stopped after starting Qunol, July 17, 2011
I was introduced to this product during a recent Costco promotion. I am 51 and with hormones out of whack causing suddenly all sorts of heart disease markers to pop up. One particular side effect was premature heart contractions that were keeping me up every night and increasing my stress level about my deteriorating heart health. And through all this, I am trying to avoid statin therapy, because of the terrible impact this drug class had on my late father's quality of life.

So, in the interest of doing things through diet, exercise and supplements, I started taking the Qunol daily. Because it is a nice tasting liquid and I keep it in the fridge, I have been able to be 100% compliant....not so much so with my other efforts along with daily oil pills, etc..

To my complete surprise, my irregular heart beat vanished in less than a week! I just woke up one day and realized that I had not been awakened by violent heart palpitations for a few nights in a row. I was astounded. My stress level dropped considerably and I started to feel more positive about my ability to manage my heart disease through lifestyle improvements.

I felt compelled to write this review for all the women out there who may be experiencing hormonal changes and heart disturbances as a result. After starting the Qunol regimen, I sleep better and my days are no longer focused on the fear of experiencing a heart event. My entire outlook has changed for the positive, because my cardiovascular system has improved due to Qunol. I believe in this product and endorse it without reservation. I hope this helps many more women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cholestral Killer!, August 17, 2011
Susan E. Paul (San Dimas, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I too, purchased this product when it was being demo'd at Costco. The Representative said it brought down her Cholestral by 50 points! Being a skeptic, I didn't really believe her, but, since my cholestral was climbing, I decided to try it. I had my bloodwork done in November of 2010, so I waited till I had been on the product for four months, (2 bottles worth) then I went back to my Doctor and had her repeat the bloodwork. Much to my delight and shock, my cholestral had dropped by 42 points and my blood pressure, which wasn't really too bad to start with, was now 111 over 58! My fasting blood sugar, which had been climbing rapidly, only went up 1 point this time! My Doctor emailed me and said, "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!!!"

My belief in this product has prompted me to buy it as a gift for my 93 year old Mother-in-law, who has had a cholestral problem all her life. I can't wait to see the results! I also bought it as a birthday present for my sweetheart as he has high blood pressure. I tell everyone about this product and just about everyone I tell buys it! My Doctor had never heard of it, but she is very impressed and so am I! I think the taste is pleasant, orange/pineapple. I keep the bottle right in front on the top shelf of my fridge, so that it is the first thing I see in the morning when I get my almond milk out to put in my coffee. I take it right then and that way I never forget. What a small price to pay to stay off of cholestral lowering meds! This is a great discovery!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ubiquinone vs Ubiquinol, April 7, 2013
I just bought this. Have been using it for 2 weeks (at time of writing). I have had increased energy, less muscle fatigue and better mood (believe it or not).

I've seen there is discussion about some artificial additives. I agree, I would like them NOT to have been added. But, the product is working so far.

Here's some info about the two different molecules mentioned above:

Ubiquinone vs. Ubiquinol
In the body, CoQ10 exists either in its oxidized form, ubiquinone, or in its reduced form, ubiquinol. When oxidized CoQ10 (ubiquinone) is used by the body, it transforms and becomes ubiquinol. In the same way, reduced CoQ10 (ubiquinol) becomes ubiquinone when it carries out its role in the body.

To better understand how this works, let’s take a look at CoQ10 and cellular energy production. CoQ10 is found inside the powerhouses of the cell called the mitochondria, the site where energy production occurs. It acts as an electron acceptor or donor in the chain of reactions that lead to energy production. When oxidized CoQ10 (ubiquinone) accepts an electron from another molecule in the chain, it becomes reduced (ubiquinol) and when reduced CoQ10 (ubiquinol) donates an electron, it becomes oxidized (ubiquinone). Maintaining this state of equilibrium is how the body benefits from CoQ10.

CoQ10 Supplements
Regardless of what form of CoQ10 you take as a supplement, the body is able to convert the consumed form to the other form as needed. In other words, if you take a reduced CoQ10 supplement (ubiquinol), the body can convert the reduced CoQ10 (ubiquinol) to the oxidized CoQ10 (ubiquinone) and vice versa. This conversion takes place to maintain a state of equilibrium between reduced CoQ10 (ubiquinol) and oxidized CoQ10 (ubiquinone).

The Bottom Line
Unquestionably, both forms—ubiquinone and ubiquinol—are effective and essential to important pathways in the body, and in states of need, either form can be reduced or oxidized to form the other.

Next time you purchase CoQ10 keep the following points in mind:

• Both CoQ10 forms—ubiquinone and ubiquinol—are important, effective and do great things for your body
• The body is extremely intelligent and is capable of turning one form of CoQ10 into the other as needed
• Feel great that you are choosing such a important supplement for your health

5.0 out of 5 stars Not scientific by any means but...., July 20, 2011
Quicksilver (Temple, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Customers that take statin drugs can benefit from this product. This enzyme is made naturally by the body's liver but is suppressed by the same statin drugs that lower Cholesterol. Research shows that the body generally absorbs only around 6% of needed Co-enzyme from an average diet. Over time, the lowered levels can produce some unusual symptoms in some people.
I've had to scale back my accolades for this product. My friends and family were plotting to have me committed. I've since realized that all people are different, with different needs, and may not experience such a dramatic change. CoQ10 just happens to be the answer to most of my health problems.
Since my statin therapy started 10 years ago, I'd developed pain in the arches of my feet and explosive nose bleeds. I'd been micro managing these two symptoms just to get through the day. CoQ10 relieved me of these issues within a few days of my first dose. It turns out that this enzyme is also responsible for cohesion and energy production in every cell of the body, especially the muscles. My doctor looks at me with a skeptical eye but I'm not bleeding all over my sore feet anymore. I also experience better energy levels and faster healing rates of small wounds. My fingernails and cuticles are healthy again. It's not scientific but it works for me. Comments and questions are welcome.
I can vouch for the higher absorbtion claim with this product.