4.0 out of 5 stars highly configurable, stable and fast

Published 16 months ago by Waggles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars highly configurable, stable and fast, November 19, 2011
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
I've had this modem for a little over a year now. Overall, it's a solid modem/router, offering multiple SSIDs, 1 Gbps ethernet, and loads of configuration options. I use it to stream movies from my NAS without any issues. Having multiples SSIDs is useful for when you have guests coming over. It also handles my second router as a wireless access point on opposite side of the house (I have q1000 in basement; master bedroom is opposite side of house, two floors up, so the signal gets attenuated a fair amount).
I rarely have to reboot it... though that is easy enough, even remotely.

2.0 out of 5 stars Settings Do Not Persist, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
I got this modem as part of my CenturyLink subscription. It has horrible QoS settings. For example, by default the QoS applies 1 Video and 2 VOIP QoS protocols. Unfortunately the packet priority is almost entirely to VOIP so that streaming video or playing video games becomes extremely laggy, almost impossible. This is true of every device on the network. After disabling the VOIP settings in QoS the streaming works fine. Unfortunately the settings do not persist and the modem restarts several times per week. This means that I'm constantly having to log in to disable the settings because they return to the default every time it restarts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy ;), May 11, 2012
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
Modem works flawlessly. Its also super fast (40 MBps). Has never stopped working suddenly like other Century Link modems. Its also considered the top of the line modem for Qwest/Century link users.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but headaches..., January 31, 2014
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
I've dealt with the Q1000 for multiple years now and I've had nothing but headaches. Constant connection drops, poor range, modem freezing up and overheating (Yes, overheating.). I've had it replaced twice, each one has the same problems. I finally got a separate router and just use the Q1000 as a modem. Few electronic devices have caused me as much frustration as this stupid little black box. Hopefully your experience is much better than mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Easy, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
I'm getting over 2 megabytes per second over my laptops wireless network card, which is over 7.2 gigabytes per hour. I don't even have the fastest service (though I do have a higher than average service level). If I were to upgrade my internet speed through my provider, I have no doubt that this modem would meet the demand of my upgraded service.

It's also nice and easy to use. Nothing cryptic about the interface; it's very user friendly.
I was a little surprised at how much it cost, but this is actually my first DSL modem; all my other modems were made for cable TV internet providers, in which data is transferred over coax instead of the telephone line. However, considering it's an all in one solution, the cost is comparable to having to buy a separate modem and router anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Modem for CenturyLink/Qwest and IPv6 Capability, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
I'm temporarily using Qwest for an ISP. Since I need IPv6 capability for my upcoming mesh network, I needed a xDSL modem capable of connecting local IPv6 networks as well. After upgrading the firmware, Actiontec's Q1000 works as intended. Stability and connectivity have been excellent thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as intended, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
Our old CenturyLink modem went out and we had no interest in buying another from them because the first one dropped signals all the time. Even when I was holding my netbook in front of the router it wouldn't always pick it up. This one we plugged in and it worked immediately. It covers our whole house much better than the old one. Six months later, still a good purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just as well as the one I rented from the provider for years., May 3, 2014
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
Wished I had bought one sooner and saved all the rent I paid to the provider . Product was used but looked and worked as well as the one I had been renting from Qwest/CenturyLink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actiontec Qwest Q1000, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
I've been using this for a year, and I've had zero problems with it. I've had constant and fast connection for a year with the Q1000, and that's the first time I've ever been able to say that in my lifetime about a router.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Actiontec/Qwest Q1000 (Electronics)
this has been a very good product. I have had zero issues with it since I got it December of 2012 and I'm writing the review in June 2013. I has excellent coverage for 2400 sqft home and yard.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›