5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use and Handy.
I bought the Quik Tune guitar tuner for two reasons.
First, I had an older Quik Tune tuner for a bass guitar (the type that had a needle) and it worked well as basic unit.
Second, the price was cheap.

This version is better and more versatile than my older model.
Published on April 10, 2009 by J.L. Populist

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for guitar newbies
This product should only be purchased if you are new to guitars and need a portable chord finder and happen to also need a basic tuner. The price makes it right for the combo but I did find myself wanting a better quality product quite often.

Published on June 4, 2008 by J. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use and Handy., April 10, 2009
I bought the Quik Tune guitar tuner for two reasons.
Second, the price was cheap.

This version is better and more versatile than my older model.
I like the size of the Guitar Professor. For me it's handy, but has a large enough display so that I can see it clearly.
It works pretty good without plugging the tuner into the electric guitar.
It's very easy to use for E-A-D-G-B-e tuning.
The Chord Finder is an added bonus, especially for a beginner if you don't want to use bulky chord diagrams.
I would definitely buy this model again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 22, 2008
biletik (Corvallis, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Precisely as described. I've used it to tune a six-string acoustic guitar and I am very pleased with the performance. The chord finding feature is useful and easy to use. Besides, the device is light and fits in your palm. Arrived almost immediately after ordering.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for guitar newbies, June 4, 2008
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)

I've had an accoustic and an ovation and it often can't hear the strings. For low E to catch, I have to lay the the guitar down with the tuner sitting on the guitar to tune it. When the note is heard, the tuning is very accurate. I have not tried this unit with a patch cord.

I do like the idea behind playing the tones to match but the volume is extremely high and cannot be changed.

I've used this a lot in the past six months and never had to replace the batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, excellent performance, August 13, 2007
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Very easy to use. Just turn it on and pluck each string. The microphone works well and gives good range. The chord display feature is handy too in case you for get your chords. It turns off by itself to save battery after disuse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can be better, August 2, 2007
It's not a bad product, but it looks cheap, well it is cheap, but well i tought it was bigger, you have to be really close to it to see if you are in the right cord, but the lights are really really helpfull, i bought it because of the chord finder, and its ok, a little hard to navigate but well, the mic for the acoustic guitar its not very sensitive and i get mad because i have to play the guitar really hard to tune it, but overall its a good tuner for electric guitar but not very good for acoustic, get it if you want a cheap all in one tuner.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent tool for any guitarist, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
I have been playing guitar since I was 10 years old and have worked with various types of tuners. Recently I have been using a software one from my computer, as I was quite disappointed from the last electronic one I had bought (it was a Korg, if I remember correctly).

I got this one to get free shipping on an order, but I did look into it before I bought it. And guess what? It's the best guitar tuner I have seen so far. Not only does it provide an accurate estimation of every string's tone, but it also provides you with sample tones of all the strings, as well as all the chords you can imagine, in simple tablature notation. The device is extremely easy to use (I'm surprised that it came with instructions) and makes the guitar tuning a very easy and quite fast process.

I would highly recommend this produce to any guitar player, regardless of their level.

PS - the device requires 2 AAA batteries, which are included when you buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter Tuner, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Truthfully, I do not recommend this unless you plan on staying in standard tuning. Only picks up standard tuning notes, so in other words, no C or F. However, it does come with visual tabs for every major, minor, power, barre, and every other chord a beginner would ever need, which really helped me starting out. Has a plug in for any electric/electricacoustic guitar, which I didn't use. Overall, good beginner tuner, don't buy if you want to get out of standard tuning though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, September 13, 2008
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
I'm teaching myself to play guitar so I didn't have a clue on how to tune it. This product made it so easy to tune and the chord finder is nice to refer to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, May 6, 2007
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
At first I thought this tuner was having issues, but apparently if you have a new guitar (which I do) the strings aren't exactly "worn properly" in to the nut yet causing the meter on the unit to "bounce" which makes it difficult to tune the guitar. If you lift the string that is having this issue, straight up and away from the guitar, it will set it in to the nut allowing the tuner to "hear" the string properly. This isn't an issue for guitars that are "broke in".

So with the above being said, it does what it is supposed to do. The chord finder is cool to have and the toner is a so-so feature that I do not use much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Qwik Tune GP1 Guitar Professor Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
This item is still in use. Makes a big difference to play in tune. However, I did find to be fairly accurate. In other words, it is not spot on as verified by a much more expensive unit. It gets you close like 97% of the way there, you only have a small % to correct. Pretty good for the price. The other functions like the chord chart would be good for a newbie. It does have another function that is not spelled out. You can plug your guitar cord in to the unit! Great for tuning up before the show....just make sure you check the tune! It is even O.K. for not using a cord and just setting on the amp where it can hear and it will get you pretty close! Not bad for the money!

Hope this helps someone!