Qwirkle fun for adults? Would you recommend qwirkle for a family of adults? It looks fun, but many of the reviews mention that it was purchased for a 6, 5 or even 4 year old.
asked by lfb_books on October 29, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Yes, it is very fun for adults. It's very much an all-ages sort-of game. It's simplistic, yet requires a degree of strategy. The fact that it was endorsed by Mensa (the High IQ society) is a good hint that it is more than just a regular "kids game."
TheoStix answered on July 20, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We purchased this game when our kids were in high school and we still play. Whenever we introduce it to adult friends, they usually go out and purchase it for their household too. My nephew called it "Scrabble without the words"....and it moves faster than Scrabble. More of a level playing field for all game abilities.
PurpleMoon answered on December 24, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
All the reviews convinced me that adults enjoy this game also. I'm sold on it and ready to purchase.
PAMELA W. answered on October 28, 2013

A
This is a great game - for adults and kids. There is great strategy and the whole family likes it as well as just adults. It is the game I buy most often as a gift.
Ellen C. Wyly answered on December 10, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As a family, we love this game. It is great for 5+ years. Depending on the players, it can adapt to different levels. With our younger kids, we play without scoring. I highly recommend this game. :)
Glenwyn Beth Pasquali answered on December 7, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought this game several years ago, and everyone loves to play it. That includes 5-year-olds who can distinguish colors and shapes, and grandparents who love the challenge and strategies. We can all play it together and have fun with it.
Constant Reader answered on November 18, 2010

A
I love this game. You really have to think to win and get the most points. The kids like it too, but I don't think they like to think so much. Similar to the strategy of chess. But not as hard!
Mary A answered on November 14, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This can be very challenging for adults and yet simple for kids. My husband and I have played this with our 7 year old and we have fun trying to make the most opints possible. Some times you have to look very carefully to find the hidden big points! It is a lot like Scrabble but with colors and shapes. You can stare at it for 10 minutes and then finally find the right spot. Definitely for adults if you are going for a challenge, and yet simple enough for kids who don't care so much about the big points!
Chelsea answered on November 11, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Either would be okay but I think kids love it more as it is based on matching colors and shapes. Try blokus or rumus this is good for kids but a bit more strategic for adults
Gina Bieller answered on November 9, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›