Customer Discussions > The King's Speech [Blu-ray] forum

R or PG-13 rated?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2011 8:15:03 PM PDT
Marques says:
Is this the R rated version or the PG-13?

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 8:27:35 PM PDT
darthmaul01 says:
R rated

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 12:56:01 AM PDT
M. G. Mora says:
Why get an edited version. It's not the original and the swear words are there for a reason.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 8:29:18 AM PDT
Icefox000 says:
what reason is that?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 8:33:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 5, 2012 10:35:41 AM PST]

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 10:44:40 AM PDT
R. Holman says:
Amazon's description clearly says R, so as I mentioned in the other similar post, it seems this is just a reason to bring up the subject to give a platform for the close-minded ranters to spew about it. (look at how many were deleted by the moderator, if you doubt my assessment). Don't Panic! No one is going to withhold your f-bombs from you. Those of us who want the same good story with less filth just have to wait longer (or fire up our ClearPlays). There is a good article at http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-04-08/the-kings-speech-pg-13-harvey-weinstein-on-best-picture-re-release/# regarding why Weinstein says he did it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2011 7:59:24 AM PDT
R. M. Vinci says:
Uh, that would be the entire point of the story - how the King got his voice. It didn't just happen by accident. Watch the original version that we saw in Europe. You're delicate sensibilities shouldn't be too, offended. This would be akin to watching a great sporting event and seeing players celebrating a great score afterward in the end zone, but the actual video of the play itself was lost in transmission - or cut by the network.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2011 8:01:05 AM PDT
R. M. Vinci says:
Uh, that would be the entire point of the story - how the King got his voice. It didn't just happen by accident. Watch the original version that we saw in Europe. You're delicate sensibilities shouldn't be too, offended. This would be akin to watching a great sporting event and seeing players celebrating a great score afterward in the end zone, but the actual video of the play itself was lost in transmission - or cut by the network.

Posted on May 21, 2011 6:49:21 PM PDT
My 7 year old daughter wants to see the "best movie of last year" so there is some purpose to the edited version. Anyone know where I can get it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2011 8:18:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 5, 2012 10:36:07 AM PST]

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 4:58:12 PM PDT
Learner says:
Swearing ruins the enjoyment of a movie for me and my wife. If I can ever find the PG-13 version maybe my wife will watch this excellent movie with me. I rented the R version and turned down the sound in the worst swearing scene, but there are other scenes peppered with swearing too, so beware. Unlike most movie swearing, here it at least has a point. But I disagree that the swearing in this movie was entirely necessary, at least to the heavy extent that it was used.

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 4:12:05 PM PDT
Stonerr says:
I don't understand why people that don't want to listen to swearing are called "closed-minded-ranters who want to spew". I respect your right to listen to and watch what you want without criticism and name calling. I would like the same respect. Can you not see it as just differences in people and respect those differences, or do you have the philosophy, "my way is the right way and the only way". Your post shows more about you, than the people you are speaking of.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 10:14:10 AM PST
jaxmom says:
And I would like to show it in speech class to my students. There is obviously a purpose for the edited version.

Posted on May 16, 2012 6:54:30 PM PDT
gb0923 says:
I would have bought this if they sold the edited version. That is what I loved about the Avatar Special Edition. They have a Family Edition option in the language section that edits out the bad words. Everyone should follow this example. Anyone that doesn't understand why we would want an edited version is very narrow minded indeed. We don't need to hear that much swearing to understand that he is angry and swearing. I for one would not want one of my kids to use that language as children copy what they hear. And by the way, this movie would have brought in soo much more money had they origianally released it as PG 13. There is a benefit for editing horrible language. I know the rerelease in PG 13 wasn't very successful, but everybody had already seen it and it was very poorly marketed so a lot of people didn't know it was out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2011
Latest post:  May 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The King's Speech
The King's Speech by Colin Firth (DVD - 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,424)