4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap notification for high radiation exposure
This dosimeter works at a very high range. Lowest rate is 25 Rads or 25 Rem. That amount of radiation would make a few people sick (if received in a short time). At the higher ranges of 50 to 1000 Rads - well the point at which 50% of people die is 500 Rem or 500 Rads.

So this dosimeter is for the detection of high radiation, after the fact...
Published on June 30, 2011 by G. Rogers

Irradiated it with a directional Co-60 beam with a dose equivalent of 200 rads. The sticker was stuck to my wallet so I just placed the wallet at the target zone, walked behind a shield and opened the pig. Sent about 200 rads of equivalent radiation onto the target area. No percivable change in sticker color after 1 day after exposure (I gave it time to adjust)...
Published 23 months ago by GrammatonClerick

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap notification for high radiation exposure, June 30, 2011
This review is from: RADStickerTM peel & stick, nuclear radiation exposure determining dosimeter (Misc.)

So this dosimeter is for the detection of high radiation, after the fact.

Having said that I would recommend this for anyone that lives near a reactor, get a packet of these for an emergency. They will help the medical personal treat you for radiation sickness. Keep them protected from any radiation before use.

Good Luck

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work. Why 2 Stars instead of 1? Well it might eventualy change colour at Turtle Lethal Range of 15krad, November 22, 2012
However, it appears that some of my credit cards in my wallet that were behind the sticker have been wipped. Since the machines can't read the magnetic strip even through the "Plastic Bag around the strip" trick.

P.S.
Since the sticker doesn't have a "Fit" gauge there is no way of knowing if it hasn't been thermally compromised but even then it should have changed colour. And no it's been in my wallet so no UV exposure (once again if it was exposed to UV it would have changed color...believe me I know from many scary experiences of what not to do with those things and where not to leave them).

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Panic, March 22, 2012
I will be applying this RADSticker onto the back of my library card, "I never leave home without it". This little device is meant to carry with you at all times.

As a previous reviewer noted,

"This dosimeter works at a very high range.",

This is true. It is also meant to give an accumulative reading over the life of the device.

also noted,

"...50% of people die is 500 Rem or 500 Rads."

This sticker is not just for instant readings. It is used as an accumulator device. 500 RADS in a short period of time can be a terrible thing. 500 RADS over the course of a year does not mean that 50% have been given a death sentence.

Having said that, it is prudent to check your RADSticker on a regular basis. You could be exposed to a moderate dose without knowing. Since you check your RADSticker on a regular basis, you are ready with the baseline reading in case of a radiological event.

This gives you the knowledge to share with medical staff if you feel that you have been exposed to a high rate over a short period of time.

Buy one for the spouse and kids. I do not have a spouse or kids, If I did I would make a picture locket and place my picture inside and the RADSticker on the back of the picture.

P.S. I have purchased several of these awesome devices to send to my circle of goto people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, June 2, 2012
My own fault, but I was expecting there to be more than one of these in the purchase. Did not understand that I was only getting one. Should have read the description better. Put it away, hope I never need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Know When to take your potassium iodine pills, November 6, 2013
Nice idea. For some reason, I don't trust the government to keep me up to date as to when I should take the pills, in a nuclear event.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, April 9, 2013
Little expensive for what they are. We needed to track x-rays on our product going through customs and these helped to do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest radiation alarm you can buy!, March 22, 2013
Very inconspicuous, adhesive back sticks to most everthing. I have one on the side of my alarm clock and one on the gun safe. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intresting product, January 21, 2013
Hard to rate a product that may one day tell you "Your going to die". Hopefully it's warnings will provide a chance to live!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of those things you buy, hoping you never need it, April 29, 2013
Let's be honest here, nobody wants to actually need a radiation detector, but living down wind from an aging nuclear reactor with known safety issues, I felt I had to have a means to monitor the danger to my family in the event of an incident. The product was sent out quickly by the supplier, and they were very quick to address concernes that I had about the product. In the uncertainty of todays world, information is the most valuable commodity we have, and you cannot be too careful when it comes to the safety of yourself and your loved ones. This and some potassium iodide tablets, also available from the same suppliers, will at least give you the opportunity to reduce your health risk in the event of exposure to gamma radiation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope I never need it, January 7, 2013
This is one of these items that you keep "just in case".

I hope I will never see an indication that it is not safe to go outside, but if so, I will be appropriately prepared.