5.0 out of 5 stars Holds my eTrex10 snugly
It holds my eTrex10 snugly, Be careful though for the part that connects the cradle to my bike I ordered the wrong one. IT IS IMPORTANT TO BUY A RAM MOUNT BRAND. I made the mistake of buying the wrong one and had to return it to amazon.
Published 14 months ago by andrew

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with 12v adapters
Published on November 5, 2012 by Tom

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with 12v adapters, November 5, 2012
Tom (Seattle, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RAM Cradle Holder for the Garmin eTrex 10, 20 & 30 (Electronics)
This is a very sturdy cradle and will be excellent for anyone using the Etrex 10/20/30 on battery power only. Unfortunately, the current picture on Amazon for this cradle is not accurate and does not show the actual cradle. See http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B005FRY11W/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0 for actual picture. As mentioned in another review, the construction of the shipping cradle blocks the use of the Garmin 12v adapter causing unacceptable bending and strain on the plug. Even trying to use a standard micro USB adapter causes unacceptable strain on the plug because it hits the back of the cradle. If you were to leave it in place and never take it out of the cradle, maybe it would work. But, this is a handheld GPS, designed to be taken with you. If that is your use case, you should pass on this cradle because the adapter cable will likely fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds my eTrex10 snugly, October 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS Mount, January 15, 2013
Used to hold my Garmin on my ATV's dashboard, kept it secure and in place throughout hundreds of miles of tough trails. A recommended purchase if you want to keep your GPS in view. Great product

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solution, beware the bulk with a purpose, August 17, 2014
I'm relatively pleased with this cradle for use on a mountain bike. I have it paired with RAM Mount RAP-274-1U , you need this part to act as the mount for the cradle. I'm really happy about one point with this cradle: It accommodates the etrex 20 with the belt clip attached. Because the cradle is deep enough for the clip, it is a bulky mount. See my picture to get an idea of the size of this particular set-up. As others mentioned, you really can't attache the charger while in this cradle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual RAM quality, June 1, 2014
R. Bowman (missoula, mt United States) - See all my reviews
I've used RAM mounts with the original eTrax, the 60C, and now the eTrex 20. The mounts hold the devices very securely and yet they can be easily removed. The latter is very important to me as I often use the unit on a motorcycle or bicycle and want to take it with me when I park.

I've used RAM products for years so I know what to expect, but to clarify it for new users: RAM mounting solutions are very flexible, but that implies there are separate items for a complete solution. For example, the cradles do not come with the diamond shaped ball attachments, the dogbone connector, or the base. However, I have the U-bolt handlebar ball base on the bikes, and the suction cup windshield base in the car. Once you have all the pieces, the cradle can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle in seconds, or a eTrex 20 can be swapped for a 60C in its cradle.

4.0 out of 5 stars the eTrex fits well in this carrier, June 18, 2013
This doe solve the problem of being able to see your eTrex while bicycling. I, mistakenly, was expecting the mounting hardware to be part of the package but did come to realize that it would be impractical to do so as it can be mounted in so many situations. A simple pipe clamp from the local hardware store fit well. Fortunately, I had a suitable rubber strip to add allow it to fit snugly and reduce vibrations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 6, 2012
This clip in mout is great. If you are woried about the looks of your gps then dont get it. The roller at the top of the mount rubs against the top case of the gps and has rubed the finish off of mine. I dont care, because in my mind its only new once and I am tough on my equipment. It held my gps great on a 400 mile journey which included taking a few tumbles and dumping my bike over. When i did fall I was sure that the gps would come out of the case but it didnt. I would recomend this to any adventure or touring rider out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars we were 4 wheeling in beautiful West Virginia, November 4, 2014
once I figured out the difference between this Garmin and the blue one I use to own... this one seems to have a lot more going for it. I'm not an expert with these things and I'm just a step above turning it on. A couple weeks ago, we were 4 wheeling in beautiful West Virginia... I used this to back track our way back to a trail that was on the map.... I've since bought a different mounting system to make that a little easier to do next time. GO RAM MOUNTS...

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Cradle Holder For Garmin eTrex 30, September 15, 2014
Matt (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I purchased this Cradle Holder to hold my Garmin eTrex 30 while riding my mountain bike. Along with this, I purchased the RAM RAP-274-1U. It holds the GPS unit securely and fits nicely into the handlebar mount socket. The roller on the top of the holder moves nicely over the top of the GPS and prevents marring the plastic. As usual, another nice product made by RAM.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ram mount for eTrex 20, July 10, 2014
The only thing that could be
better could be a swivel mount!