Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2014
This mount scared me at first but after having it mounted to my motorcycle for the whole season, it has far surpassed my expectations! This mount easily holds my Galaxy S5 with a case and even my Garmin GPS that is even bigger than my phone. It has held my devices on mountain runs and straight stretch "closed road" pulls with not a single issue. I have paired this mount with the following links and recommend everyone to buy this mount for a phone or GPS.

review image review image
on April 28, 2013
The X-grip allows the phone to rotate freely after it is inserted. For any mount that experiences vibration, this will result in the phone rotating and rendering the display unreadable. I may try to tether the phone to put some orthogonal forces on the rotating mechanism, but the design does have a fundamental flaw.
2929 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2012
Amazing holder. Just wished it would lock in place. Watch my review. You'll see what I mean. Other than that it will hold your phone securely.RAM Mount Universal X-Grip Holder Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount
1111 comments| 191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2012
Just installed it today on my motorcycle and was very impressed. I have a Motorola Razr Maxx, which is one of the larger phones on the market(even larger with the waterproof case I have on it). Fits very well and never seemed to slip ever when installed outside of the windshield going 70+mph(did it for testing purposes). Very easy to place and remove the phone even with large gloves on. Even looks cool in my opinion.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
I just recently mounted this on my moped. I have an iPhone5 w/ a Mophie Battery Pack case on it. I was riding to work with the phone clamped securely in the X-grip so it was positioned horizontally. I work in the city, so there are obviously going to be a few bumps along the road. I was going no more than 35 when I ran over a manhole cover. I try and avoid them as much as possible, but sometimes in traffic, it's easier said than done. I was surprised to hear the sound of something drop to the ground, and as I look back, I see my phone lying in the middle of the street. Fortunately, I was able to pull over quickly and scoop it up before someone ran it over.

Thinking that maybe it was just user error, I put the phone back on the mount. I ride another mile or so and ride over a small bump, and again the phone popped loose. Fortunately, my headphones were connected to it and I was able to quickly catch it before it fell to the ground. 2 drops on one 6 mile ride doesn't give me any confidence that I can use this mount any longer. Maybe it's my case that is causing it to slip out, but I will almost certainly be looking for an alternative product that won't cause me to lose or break my iPhone.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
I have a big touring bike and this was tucked out of the way away from the wind. It was "firmly held" (it didn't jiggle around when I shook it). I took it on one trip and it fell off at highway speeds when I hit a very minor bump. Suffice to say, I would never ever recommend this product for motorcycle use (despite the fact that the WEBSITE instructed me to use this model to mount my phone to my motorcycle)
1616 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2014
I have 3 of these. Yes, I could easily have only one, and move that one when I need it, but. I love the x-grip so much I decided to permanently mount one in my truck. That allows me to move the other two from motorcycle 1 to car 2 to mountain bike to motorcycle 2 to scooter to 4 Wheeler 1 or 2, etc. Once you get used to having one in your life, you will never go back. I've exposed them to motorcycle rides well over the 100mph mark; in driving rain; snow; mud; shaking and vibration on motorcycle handlebars; jumps with hard landings on 4 wheelers etc. I've never ever had my phone come out. Ever. This is the most reliable phone holster you can get. I buy them as gifts and would recommend one to anyone as my confidence in them is sky high. I can also confirm that the RAM aqua box does fit, albeit snug in the Mount. Simply awesome.
review image
on April 25, 2015
Mounted quickly to my existing Ram Mount on my 2008 Victory Kingpin's handlebars. I had a camera mount on there, which I use to video trips and stuff. But, I thought this phone mount would be useful for commutes (keeping up with traffic, etc.). The mount itself has a bit of play in the housing, which gives you about 45 degrees of 'wiggle', so I tried to center that 'wiggle' straight up before I tightened the base mount on the ball.

I only gave this 4 stars as I have yet to try this out on the road yet. It does feel VERY sturdy with my phone in there and I think it will hold up just fine. I will update my review and star rating after I've put it to the test. :)

*UPDATE* (05/11/2015) - I have bumped up my rating to 5 stars. Originally it was only 4 and was based on original assumptions. I have now used this to hold my iPhone 5s on 2 motorcycle trips on our curvy back roads and 4-5 days of round trip commuting to/from work (over 50 miles total each day). I am impressed by how strong the springs are that hold my phone. And the rubberized grip is almost 'sticky.'

When I put my iPhone in the x-grip and tug on the phone from the top, there is NO movement at all. I feel very confident that my 'lifeline' (aka: phone) is not going anywhere while secured in this device.

Very happy with my purchase. :)
review image review image review image
on September 25, 2013
I bought the model to use for a mountain bike. I noticed that the phone will rotate slightly in the mount. I had this mounted to the stem of my Stumpjumper full suspension rig. It has Fox Talas forks with 140mm of travel. Thought it would be ok. iPhone 4s in Griffin Armored Case.

While riding down a fireroad at Mammoth Lakes, the phone popped out and landed on the ground with no damage to phone thankfully. One of the rubber feet came off the mount arm.

I emailed their support and told them that it needs to be redesigned and offered some suggestions. Not holding my breath. I've been pretty happy with other RAM products but should have been wary with "Universal" mounts.
on May 25, 2012
When a phone is placed horizontally it tends to sway a bit from side to side. RAM-MOUNTS should've incorporated a sort of lock mechanism for this. I still a great product but I can't give 5 stars because of this small issue.
55 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse