5.0 out of 5 stars What a "Wake Up" Call!
Published on October 19, 2004 by Jill Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a wake up call
The Rave diet book and CD is a big time eye opener, I have let my friends borrow it, the book is easy to understand and the CD will get you to change your diet immediately. I lost 12lbs so far and my blood pressure has came into normal range, I following the diet but not strictly. It still works. Get this book and help yourself to great health and help the environment as...
Published on February 25, 2008 by L. Thornton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a "Wake Up" Call!, October 19, 2004
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
This book/DVD set is much more than an informative diet for health conscious people. It is truly a compelling, insightful, common sense approach to addressing the maladies and ailments that so many people suffer from today. This honest look at the faults of the (historic...hysteric?) standard American diet will definitely get your attention. The "Eating" DVD is a powerful statement against the way that most of us think about the food we eat. How can a society be so dumb about what we are doing to our bodies? I exercise and try to watch my weight, but I have really been missing the "big picture". This program puts it into proper perspective. Check it out! The answer is simple and has been right in front of us forever--history and facts are difficult to ignore. I think this program takes up where Dean Ornish left off.

If you are tired of the "band aid" approach to symptoms, leery about taking more medication, concerned about what is actually going into your body, and don't understand why medical research or the government can't seem to come up with solutions: then you need to view this film, read the book and take control of your future. Thank you Mike Anderson for opening my eyes--I think I get it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weapons of Mass Destruction Uncovered, October 27, 2004
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
This book points out how the weapons of mass destruction attack us every day. They are disguised by the acronym SAD which stands for the Standard American Diet. With it's enormously high fat, fiberless foods, rancid oils, and sugar in everything, we are like lemmings going off the cliff to the waiting arms of disease and early death. "The Rave Diet & Lifestyle" should be required reading in our medical schools and for everyone. It will save your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rave Diet, October 31, 2004
Phil Kaplan (Santa Cruz, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
The first part of the book is an excellent summary of the detrimental consequences (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc) of our typical eating patterns and the dangerous fad diets that abound today. The second part provides the details of the Rave Diet. With amazing simplicity and a few changes in our lifestyle we can obtain optimal health and even reverse disease. The book is very easy reading and well grounded in scientific research. It is one of the most influential books I have read in my lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truth that needs to be told!, March 20, 2007
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
The title "RAVE Diet" title may initially give the false impression of another fad diet. However, its initials are meant to serve as a reminder of the foods we need to avoid--refined foods, animal foods, vegetable oils, etc. The RAVE diet simply emphasises a natural, whole-food plant-based diet--A diet that we gave up nearly one-hundred years ago with the increase of animal products and introduction of refined & processed foods-- a diet that many other healthier countries continue to follow.

Both the book and the DVD (especially the DVD!) are eye-opening, logical and straight-forward and obviously very thoroughly researched. The point that is emphasized is that the standard-american diet is responsible for a majority of our nations health problems. By going back to a simpler, old-fashioned diet we can actually prevent or reverse many common diseases and cancers. This diet is not original--it is the diet that is emphasized in "The China Study" and many other scientific books and articles that examine health and nutrition. But do your own research--and allow this to be your starting point...Anderson has clearly done his!

The video is so powerful that I plan on buying many copies to give out to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing book that will save your life, November 8, 2007
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
This book is very well written and easily read. It flows great and kept my attention from the first page on. The DVD will change you forever. I am not easily swayed and a strong willed person yet it had a great impact on me. I grew up not eating animal foods only because I was raised in a 3rd world country where I saw how badly animals were slaughtered. So at age 14 I decided I was not going to eat animal foods. I was slender, energetic and full of life. Then I moved to the US at age 17. A few years later I started eating more refined foods, still a vegan but I started eating white breads, pastries, desserts, etc.. Then I started eating foods made by animal fat like gravies, pasta sauces and so forth. By the time I was 29 I gained over 20 pounds and didn't feel good in many ways. I saw an endocrinologist in my city and was given a lecture that I didn't eat enough protein and that I needed to eat animal foods. After being brainwashed for several months, I started adding animal foods in my diet. I thought I started feeling better and then I started getting overweight. In total I gained about 35 pounds. This is even with my usual and regular exercise. Then my cholesterol went up and all medical issues came up. I was told that it just comes with age and your metabolism slows down after 30. I believed that for awhile thinking oh well... Then I read this book and realized that everything I did as a child - staying away from animal foods, eating whole foods and my regular exercises was what kept me healthy, vibrant and in shape. Except this time I did it because I now understood what animal foods do to your body. Back then I just did it because I love animals. I've since lost 20 pounds in less than a year and my vitality has come back. Age has nothing to do with it. I will continue this way for the rest of my life. Thank you, Michael Thompson for bringing me back to life. I hope I get to meet you one day to do so personally.

5.0 out of 5 stars This message is *SO VERY CRUCIAL* for every human being...., October 20, 2007
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
that after having just watched the dvd, I ordered the book and a set for each family member. Not only that, I'm changing my diet immediately. I'd already stopped eating meat, eggs and dairy for animal welfare issues - but now I'll know how (and why) to do it far better. And I want to devote every dollar and spare minute I can to promote this message for the rest of my life. I suppose an amazon.com review is a good place to start. Truly a Godsend. Please order this item, greatly improve your life, and share it with EVERYONE you can!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Movie will Change Your Life!, February 13, 2008
Tanya M. Schroeder "Bibi" (Manchester, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
I am a mother of 5 children, all of whom have severe food allergies. Throughout the years, I have read many many books on the subjects of nutrition and health. I have looked high and low for a simple, clear, no nonsense way to help myself and my family. There's NO DOUBT in my mind, based on my reading, that a low fat, plant based diet is optimal for excellent health. My problem was trying to figure out a simple and precise way to put all the information I gathered into practice, and trying to come up with the resolve to make real changes. This DVD, "Eating" was given to me by a friend last night, and I can't tell you what a blessing it was to receive it! It is a powerful, motivating, well researched, no nonsense, down to earth, documentary that will not only confirm what you probably already instinctively KNOW to be true, but it will also compel you to FINALLY, ACT on what you know you must do!
After this movie, I went straight to my kitchen, threw out the foods that have been killing us as a family, and with God's help I will NEVER go back to the poison! If you want optimal health, and you are ready to start DOING what is required, then you must see this film!
I will be ordering the book for sure, I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book and DVD!, October 12, 2006
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
I have been improving my diet and health for the past 10 months. Have read a lot of information which helped me to rid myself of Obesity, Rhuematoid Arthritis, High Blood Pressure and Cancer. This book (DVD) pulls it all together. It includes information regarding our health, diet, animal food industry, and our environment; giving us a clear mandate to make the necessary dietary changes to save our health, and thereby save our animals and our planet. If you have a body, a family, someone you care about, or live on this earth, you MUST see this DVD!! I am buying this book which includes the DVD for all my family and friends, can't think of a more meaningful gift for anyone. My thanks to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you really didn't want to know!, May 12, 2007
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
Great info that all should know. Then you get to decide how to use the information. But I can guarentee you will be forever changed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book and DVD, November 21, 2006
This review is from: The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle (Paperback)
The author does a good job of opening eyes to what is happening diet-wise in affluent countries and the problems thereof. The DVD is convincing and held my interest. Some points may be over stated, and there may some bias.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle
The RAVE Diet & Lifestyle by Mike Anderson (Paperback - August 18, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.01