Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 59 mm|Color: Tortoise Frame/Brown Mirror Lens|Change
Price:$250.10

on October 21, 2011
Purchased these on Amazon. The price on here was nearly 35% cheaper than any other retail location.

I have been nothing but happy with the glasses since I've had them. They are durable and the lenses are by far the best I have ever seen; they do not impede your vision at all and are very very easy on the eyes themselves.

I've gotten many compliments on these and a few of my friends have gone on to buy the same pair as well.

One thing to remember is, the shape of these glasses is a departure from your aviator or way-finders; they're rectangular and wide. So make sure you go try these on at the store before you buy them. Some may find that their faces look far too narrow with these on. I haven't had any issues personally but some friends of mine that tried mine on looked like little kids due to the width of the glasses.
on March 28, 2014
I was very confused, going back and forth between Ray Ban's website and Amazon, trying to figure out exactly what I was getting.

Here's how the numbering system works.

The first four numbers are the model number. (4151)

The second three numbers are the frame color. (622 = black rubber, 601 = shiny black)

The last numbers are the lens tint. (59-17 = G15, dark green)

These numbers appear in grey text under the recommended price on Ray Ban's website. It's very hard to tell what you're getting unless you find this information.

The sunglasses are a little bigger and wider than I expected. (Generally glasses lenses are about 55 mm wide, these are 59).They are slightly larger than the New Wayfarer model. They remind me of the 3-D glasses that come with expensive 3-D televisions. They fit great and are very comfortable. They block a little bit more of your peripheral vision than wire-framed sunglasses, but much less than most modern styles, so they don't interfere with your ability to drive.
on February 22, 2013
I have spent hundreds on designer sunglasses, but I always end up feeling like I belong in either a P. Diddy entourage or the set of Jersey Shore. These, on the other hand, look classic and go well with all outfits. I was intent on getting the plastic frames with grey lenses, but those were no longer in production. I then considered the polarized ones with the plastic frames, but polarized just isn't my style. The green lenses are very subtle (they look gray) and the matte frame is actually really nice. The style itself is simply timeless, so I don't have to worry about having to change up glasses unless these are lost or broken. I have a narrow face, so most glasses, including the Wayfarers, end up looking way too big on me. These are a perfect size and fit, especially for someone with a narrow face!
on June 14, 2014
I bought these for my husband. He has a lerge/wide head. He wears a size 8 in cowboy and baseball hats. These are advertised as being wide glasses, yet they don't fit him very well. They squeeze his temples. He is going to take to his optomitrist to see if the arms can be bent out a little since they are a rubber frame. Other than that, they are a very nice pair of sunglasses and look great on him.
on June 11, 2014
Before order this piece from Amazon , the back of my head always had worries that what if this is not a legit , genuine one .
My cousin got a fake one before and returned it .

Well, I am a happy camper today , this one is not only a legit , it fits so well on me . I have high cheek bone face and a big head . This Ray Ban curves so well around my ears and very comfortable .

I wear it into some darker spots inside the house and I still can see everything around very well . This is the reason I didn't buy the polarized version , I sometimes like to wear my glasses well into late evening and this one will give me an superior vision , even for driving .
A close friend of mine who's a long time rep. for a very respectable jewelry store once told me on how to spot an expensive pair of sunglasses ( again , not a polarized one) ,that just wear it at night and see if you still can see things around you well or not . Well , this is not one of those that cost several Ben Franklins to get -the kind he was talking about- but I am sure the performance is not that far from it .

Outside , it keeps the sun off its glare and the light green lens provide a cool , soothing vision .

The hinges perform well and snappy when you fold the arms in or out , you can feel the "expensive" taste of a legit pair of glasses .

Last but not least , it came with a quality black leather pouch , which was what I had hoped for because this is a black sunglasses.
( It has the brown one in Amazon description page ) , not that I am going to use the pouch very much , but still , it just looks nice with the glasses .

Love this purchase .
on November 25, 2015
These are nice Sunglasses, I've gotten a few complements. They are very light and do a good job of protecting my eyes. I'm not good at taking care of sunglasses and these have held up nicely.
They are smaller than what I expected, I'm not a very large person and have an oval shaped head. I had googled them and they looked larger on the people in the images. I recommend you try them in a store before buying if you can.
on April 29, 2014
What can I say, these were just what I wanted. Way cheaper than the ones in the mall. I saved no joke $50 here on Amazon and I was able to put my prescription on them. So far I'm very satisfied and I would definitely recommend them.
on July 7, 2015
Good quality shades with a classic look.
The frames are flexible and comfortable, and the lenses are polarized and work well in the Texas sun.
The only issue I have with these: the lenses are flat enough that if the sun is behind you, you'll get a reflection into your eyes.
Not a big deal, but maybe a redesign in the future to help curb this problem?
on January 9, 2014
These are a replacement for a pair of Ray-Bans that fell out of my pocket last winter and got stepped on, which were a replacement for a previous pair that MAY have been left in an airplane seat pocket somewhere between Baltimore and San Francisco (if you find those, please let me know!). Anyway, replacing sunglasses can be an expensive proposition, so when I found these on Amazon that were $30 less than my last pair, i was tempted enough to try again. Unlike the Wayfarers I bought last time, these are not hard plastic and are not polarized, but they still work well. I dinged them a star because they seem tighter than the last pair (58mm) despite being larger (59mm). As others have pointed out, these glasses have a much different shape than the Wayfarers, so that's going to take some time to get used to. All-in-all, I'm very pleased with this purchase and hope to keep them undamaged for years to come.
on February 26, 2015
Is anyone making good sunglasses anywhere on this planet? These are cheap and not worth half the money you're charged. They do not feel sturdy nor do they feel like they would last that long. Maybe for $29 they'd be a bargain but not the $86. The hinge used is really thin and not very substantial. The lenses are much darker than they appear in the pictures, be advised.