Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 29, 2013
Exactly what I was looking for. Canon says that you can not use for video but that's not true, with the back button on the second position it allows you to record (after ypu have focused with the button on 1st position).
on June 15, 2015
This was probably my worst purchase on Amazon to date. The only way this clicker works is if I am standing straight in front on the camera pointing the clicker directly at the camera. If I put it down by my side, it doesn't work. If I am more than 5 feet away, it doesn't work. If I am off to the left, it doesn't work. We have tried to use it in several different situations and we always resort to the self timer because this thing is just horrible. I've included a picture of us using it for a (joke) family photo. When I put my arm down in that exact same spot, it didn't work.

I will be trying to buy a better quality one later but for now the self timer is 100x better than this.
review image
on February 6, 2014
How often you take 100s of pictures from vacation and important events, but you are in none of the pictures?
How often you hand the camera to someone else and the picture is out of focus because they don't understand your gear?
We all been there and you definitely needs this remote!
It's automatically recognized by your camera. Make sure to select the drive mode in your camera for remote.
In my T3i is '10 sec/remote', other drive modes won't work with the remote.
The remote itself has a switch in the back for 'instant pictures' and '2s delay'.
Both settings take high quality pictures and in focus, provided the camera is on a tripod.
I tried using the '10s delay' with my T3i without this remote and pictures were out of focus.
The T3i would always lock its focus to something else and my face would be blurred.

Highly recommended and this vendor rocks.
Even from China this item arrived to my doors within 2 weeks.
on June 5, 2016
This is a nice tool to have when taking photographs. With the camera on tripod I can now include myself in my photographs if I like. Mostly I use the remote to take a photo so I don't have to touch the camera this way the camera stays as still as possible.
on September 10, 2014
It costs $5 and does exactly what it is supposed to do. This model is the one to get as it has a switchable delay time. At 1/4 the cost of the Canon model, you are getting a much better deal. Mine works perfectly good.
on December 30, 2013
As inexpensive as this remote is, I wasn't sure what to expect. It works great though with my Canon 60D!

How they are making money with free shipping from China is beyond me, but I suppose it works out in our favor! Shipping was quicker than even the expected delivery date posted after purchase.
on February 14, 2015
I bought 2 of these as the price was right. I used one at a wedding late May and it worked fine. It sat unused in my camera bag for the next 8 months until a recent family get together. When I went to use it, nothing happened. I thought maybe the battery needed replacing so I swapped in the new 2025-button battery from the spare unit. Still nothing. I put the new battery back in the spare and it worked fine. But as a test, I swapped the batteries of each unit. The original controller with the proven working battery still would not work in the 'spare' unit and the original's 'old' battery functioned just fine. Checked voltages on both batteries and they were about the same, so the first one failed after one use - maybe 10 clicks at the most. Disappointing. Wonder how long this backup controller will work.
on December 14, 2013
No directions were inside but I must say I quickly figured it out. Very simple and easy to use. I love the option of switching to instant pics to 2 second timer from the back of the device. And a great price it was.
on December 31, 2013
I just received this little device yesterday and it works wonderfully! I've spoken with others who purchased it and they all seem to really love it as well!
on April 8, 2014
I typically use a cable release to avoid any shake when the camera is on the tripod, but couldn't find one for this camera. The infra red remote is a little less user friendly as you have to reach over the camera and point at the sensor to release the shutter. Using the timer is almost as easy. Haven't tried this for family portraits where I'm in the photo yet, but it should work great for that. I have yet to test the distance from camera response. So far, works as promised at a fraction of the cost.