5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the bucks.
Published 23 months ago by Donno

3.0 out of 5 stars Just one thing misssing
Published 22 months ago by E. Hart

3.0 out of 5 stars Just one thing misssing, October 10, 2012
This review is from: RCA 26LB30RQD 26-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV/DVD Combo (Electronics)
The TV set-up was easy and I got good pictures from our antenna, even though we are in a marginal reception area. However, the stand lacks a tilt mechanism. Standing or sitting on a dining chair, the picture is bright. The picture loses brightness when you sit on a couch, which puts your eyes lower. I have used old CD cases to prop up the back of the stand; it seems fairly stable that way, but it would be much better if the stand had a tilt feature built in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the bucks., September 8, 2012
Our 2 year old Sylvania 32" died on a Tuesday morning, I did some quick research on Amazon, liked the price and features of the RCA and ordered it. Being a Prime member, I added $3.95 to get it here in one day, and Wednesday morning, we were up and running - thanks Amazon! It was easy to run through the setup and tweak the color and sound, and both are great. I could have spent more and gotten a bigger or "better" set, but we don't notice any difference between the RCA and my brother's 55" 1080p, (though we probably would in a side by side comparison). Our bottom line is that we have a HDTV that we are happy with, and spent $1200 less.

4.0 out of 5 stars Viewing angle very important., September 27, 2012
Charles Weston "melomaniac" (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I just got this TV out of the box yesterday, so these are first impressions.

The TV is easy to unwrap and set up, so long as you have a Philips screwdriver to attach the base. The base itself is a glass plate that allows swiveling from side to side to improve the viewing angle. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to allow changing the tilt of the screen, and therein lies my problem.

The TV is in our bedroom, set on top of a high chest of drawers. From the bed, you have to look up from a point somewhat below the screen. I haven't measured, but I would estimate the difference to be 20-30 inches. With this angle, and from a distance of about 12 feet, the image on the screen appears brownish and in dark scenes with a lot of black, grayish. The only way I could correct this was to put a book under the rear of the stand to angle the screen slightly downward. It would have been nice to have the base allow a small amount of vertical angle adjustment.

This problem of the viewing angle is something I hadn't anticipated, and I consider it a drawback. It may be a characteristic inherent to LCD screens. The only other flat-screen we have is a plasma screen purchased a few years ago, and it doesn't have this viewing-angle problem.

Another problem I encountered is with the sound outputs. I have external, amplified speakers, and I couldn't find any other way to attach them but through the headphone jack. There are some pin-plug sockets on the side marked "audio out", but they don't seem to work when the signal source is from the HDMI input from a satellite receiver. Maybe by carefully studying the manual I will find a way to make them work.

Finally the sound is OK through the headphone jack except when the video setting is on "power-saving" mode. For some reason I get a high-pitched hum out of the speakers when the power-saving video mode is selected.

I'll post an update if I find solutions to any of these problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, October 6, 2012
Been looking for a TV/DVD combo to put in my camper.Glad I procrastinated and came across this one by accident.Was a little reluctant because of the price and a non Japanese company,but I couldn't have been more wrong. The picture is phenomenal and the sound is more than adequate,to the point where I don't have to use the headphone jack going thru my stereo speakers to hear it loudly (bad hearing). The DVD player works flawlessly.Not a techno maniac but have all hi-end electronics in my house and this compares to all of it. Oh did I mention it's cheap money? Only have had it for 2 days but will report further if it lets me down in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 1, 2012
N. Schleif "night owl" (Plymouth, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This TV is working great for me, easy to set up, great picture and sound, no problems so far. I will update this if things change. So far, so good! I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stream me a dream......., September 26, 2012
Kiwi (...outside the norm...) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I ordered this TV in the 26" on a Monday and it was delivered on Wednesday, I don't have Prime they just got it to me quickly which was much appreciated since my old flat screen TV decided to bite the dust. Set up was quite easy although I did have problems getting the Roku screen to show up. It turns out I needed to power everything down and restart again. Not a problem.

I bought this TV mainly for streaming from Netflix and it's just perfect for my back bedroom. The bottom screws on easily and it sits steady and solid on my bureau. I did need to adjust the color but it is now just perfect, clear and clean. I am also thrilled with the DVD player as this is an added delight and it also works perfectly. All in all a great little TV at a good price and fast shipping to
boot ! Don't hesitate to buy if you need an extra TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad News, November 29, 2012
I bought this for my mother who was moving into an Assisted Living facility and had little space. We received it on Oct 2 and by November 25th it quit holding the "Cable" channels, every time she turns it off it goes to "Air" channels. She is legally blind and can't see to navigate the remote to switch it back to cable so now she has to wait until I can get to her place to re-set it and is stuck watching just a handful of stations. It lasted just long enough that I can't return it. It is bad news! ADDED REVIEW 12-21-12: The TV has now quick working altogether (apparently the Mayans had this TV in mind with their prediction of the END). If I could give the it Minus stars I would. I went to a local store and bought a new TV with a 3 year warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, November 25, 2012
Works perfectly. I use it in a retail environment and play product DVD's for customers to view. Suits that purpose perfectly.!

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to return the first one., December 21, 2012
Vera Bennett (Salisbury, nc United States) - See all my reviews
Two weeks after receipt and installation, a vertical yellow line appeared on the left side of the screen. Also, the DVD player would not acknowledge any disks. Contacted Amazon who promptly sent a replacement. Installed the replacement a week ago and thus far, a good, clear picture and DVD working with no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars RCA TV, September 13, 2012
The TV works great for the purpose. The color has had to be adjusted on certain channels but is great for the price.

Rate and Discover Movies