4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good quality for a very good price.
Let me start by saying that my television came promptly and in one piece, two days after ordering. I was very happy about that, and even happier that it wasn't busted up into fragments during shipping- so order with confidence.

Published on November 8, 2012 by AJ McLaughlin

1.0 out of 5 stars No customer service
Published on July 24, 2012 by John P. Thesz

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good quality for a very good price., November 8, 2012

As for the television itself, the picture is pretty amazing. Some say you can't really tell the difference between 780 and 1080 with televisions of this size, but comparing it to my roommates television of the same size, mine looks clearer and crisper. No dead pixels so far and everything looks sharp in HD. It is also worth noting that the television turns on very quickly, without any beeping noises or space sounds.

The sound quality is not bad at all. There is an option to simulate surround sound on the tv's speakers, which in my opinion, made it even better. The volume is good enough for me, and my bedroom is pretty large and cavernous. The TV also has enough HDMI ports for all my gadgets: cable box, XBOX, Wii, my laptop- they all fit.

This is the only knock I have, and the reason it didn't receive 5 stars: When I went to attach the television stand to the bottom of the TV, the screws were absolutely obnoxious to get into the holes. They did not fit properly or easily and the screws were easily stripped. The end result is that, although it is firmly attached to the stand, it is wobbly and makes me pretty nervous about someone bumping it. If you plan to wall mount, don't worry about it- but I was unhappy with the way the stand was constructed.

Still, a highly recommended purchase. The page doesn't say, but the tv comes with a 1-year limited warranty if you're concerned. I am not. I'm happy with my new TV!

1.0 out of 5 stars No customer service, July 24, 2012
Owned my tv for right at 6 months when it failed. It was under warranty, so I called and the tech showed up the next day. Great! He orders 2 boards for it, they take a week. Ok, fine. He replaces parts, does not fix, and tells me it is the panel itself, which is no longer made and I have to get a replacement. Hmmm. He forwards my case to On Corporation (the company that actually makes RCA tvs) and I wait. Coming up on 2 weeks now, not a word. I call the number given to me by the tech, answering machine. I leave daily messages. Nothing. Wow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Starter HDTV, August 29, 2012
My last HDTV, a Dynex, had problems with murky color in the earth tones. Because of this, half-lit scenes in my favorite shows tended to become unreadable. It made watching suspense shows taxing, but I thought it was just a characteristic of HD. This unit proves that's not so. It has bright, clear colors, and even darkened rooms and caves have enough definition that I can follow the action. It also has clear enough sound that I can enjoy my favorite cable music channels.

Several previous reviewers have given this unit bad rates because of their run-ins with customer service. I can't speak to that, because I've had nothing but good luck with this unit, and have had no need to contact customer service. Therefore I can say, with a certain level of comfort, that I approve of this television. It does everything I need a TV to do, and it does it well, without running up my electric bills. Definitely a good, inexpensive TV for families, businesses, and dorms.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but..., July 11, 2012
First one had 2 stuck black pixels grouped together dead center of screen. Returned for replacement. Second one has one pixel stuck bright blue in the middle of the screen.

The headphone jack on both produces a loud hum along with the sound - checked with multiple headphones. Does not affect the built-in speakers. Also does not affect line-out, but line-out volume is not controlled by the remote. I normally plug my amplifier in to the headphone jack so the remote can control the volume. Now I can't use the TV remote to adjust volume.

Otherwise works as advertised and a good value for the price. 4 HDMI ports. Digital tuner is faster and better than other cheap TVs. Still trying to decide about returning the second one to try again, or living with it. Amazon returns make it easy, but I'm concerned that this model is cheap because they knowingly used bad screens and bad headphone jack circuitry. 2 for 2 so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far So good, September 19, 2012
Easy set up directions and hook up. Screen looks great on hd channels. Sound is decent unless you're a surround sound advocate. If everything stays the way it came out of the box this was an excellent buy. It's the perfect size for our bedroom. My wife just loves. it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 50 with a KICK, September 5, 2012
In twenty words, Picture Excellent, sound get real hook to home theater AH-SOME!!
Use it for TV and Monitor, have HP 21" monitor and Toshiba 24" TV ( I'm a Gamer ) it's Better has 170 view angle. If you have friends, you know what I'm talking about. Finish of my man room perfectly, to the point of my grand kids want to go to grandpa's house more to play and
I don't have high speed internet. But I do order the right games from amazon.com. Well no high tec mumbo Jumbo, Have two other TV's 50", Plasma for sports and 55" LCD front main room. Paid a lot more for them one was from Costco this Unit has just as good if not better pic quality. Oh yah the remote is nice and simply with a lot of features. I proud to say I have an RCA TV again. Thanks guys U made my days full of more sunshine.

Thanks, Don

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, January 13, 2014
It quit working after 11 months of normal use. It has power going to it but the screen stays black, if you do your research you can find countless others with the same problem. RCA also has the worst customer service and has been giving me the runaround. Stay away from this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my RCA HDTV, October 3, 2012
Mark W. Anderson (Fair Oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this with some reservation, but the price thru Amazon was so low that I went for it. I'm very glad that I did. The tv arrived in two days, as advertised. Setup was incredibly easy. The base went on with 4 screws, attached the cable input, plugged in power, put the batteries provided into the remote and then sat back and watched the software do all the rest of the setup.

The set has plenty of HDMI and other connection ports, so hooking up other components, extra speakers, etc. is incredibly easy. Picture and audio quality are very good - probably not the best available, but certainly adequate for my needs. I would recommend this set to all but those obsessed with having the absolute "best."

5.0 out of 5 stars papa, November 14, 2012
Great,fantastic picture,easy setup,very easy instructions, has four hdmi inputs which is great. It's also very light which made it easy for me to mount it on wall by myself. I still can't believe the picture quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy camper., October 26, 2012
I admit, I'm not very experienced with the varying levels of quality among HDTVs. If it looks good, it looks good - I'm not hard to satisfy. So, I'm glad to say that this TV satisfies that criteria, because it looks great. The display is bright and has plenty of contrast, and the four HDMI ports are especially helpful for someone like me, who has multiple gaming consoles as well as cable boxes and DVD players to hook up to it. If you're looking for a good bedroom HDTV, with full 1080p, this one is a great buy.