5.0 out of 5 stars Performs great....
Right out the box, it gave wonderful reception. I am using it without the booster. I really love the design . A small little square sitting flat and you can't notice that it is there. I live in NY, in an apartment building. It picked up a wide selection of over the air channels. Also it is connected to a HDTV.
Published on June 25, 2009 by V. stokes

Published on January 3, 2010 by Bill L. Patti

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent antenna but the cheaper RCA antenna worked better for me, January 3, 2010
This review is from: RCA ANT1450BM Refurbished Multi-Directional Digital Flat Amplified HDTV Antenna-Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I currently have an RCA ANT111 antenna that I picked up for under 10 bucks to use as a backup antenna. I was shocked by how well it performed but I am considering dropping cable so I wanted to try out another antenna to see if I could get even better reception with an antenna that wasn't quite so big and obtrusive. The ANT1450B looked like it might do just that. While I got decent reception with the 1450B, it was not nearly as good as the much cheaper ANT111. I also could no longer receive our NBC affiliate (on the VHF spectrum) at all with the 1450B. When using the ANT111, I get 4-5 bars (out of 5 total) on all major networks. With the 1450B, I was getting only 2-3 bars on the same networks and 0 bars on the NBC affiliate. I am in the suburban Orlando area, less than 20 miles from most broadcast towers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs great...., June 25, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 8, 2011
Being quite leary after purchasing antennas over a lifetime i tried purchasing this one as the price and features seemed adequate for my needs. Going to use this with an older flat panel LCD TV with a digital tuner I doubted it would work in my basement what with all the concrete and all. The box said it was excellent so what the heck. I hooked the antenna to the set and connected the power cord and set it down. I scanned my digital and HD channels and they actually were clearer than the cable box. Very Impressive. I didnt even have to move the antenna, it work perfectly right out of the box. Although it was not shiny and had a flat finish (Box said would be shiney) the unit was fantastic. In a word... Awesome! Five Stars to RCA!!!!RCA ANT1450BM Multi-Directional Digital Flat Amplified HDTV Antenna (Black) No need to spend more money on the higher rated models. This unit was AWESOME.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick your cable to the curb!, November 25, 2011
My niece had her cable disconnected for budget reasons & couldn't use her two nearly-new flat screen tv's. I started searching for an antennae so should could local channels & found this RCA 1450. I don't usually trust refurbished items, but I decided to take a risk. I paid $16.99 & by the time it arrived 4 days later, the price had dropped to $11.99. Oh well. I tried the antennae on my tv with the amplfier & it found 21 channels. Even a non-techie can hook this thing up. I'm going to stick with my satellite - can't give up the cooking channels, but this will make a great Xmas present.

An update - my aunt recently fired her cable company & asked me to order 3 of these for her. They're on the way!

4.0 out of 5 stars I would say 4.5 starts if I could, June 21, 2009
With digital it really depeds on where you are. If you are in a valley you get less reception than if you are on a pain. Simple... Digital does not bend like analog.
This antenna looks great ( you cant see it) and the signal does not break up when someone moves like traditional antennas. I didnt give it 5 because it ir only rated for 25 miles even though I get stations from over 100 miles away. No real cons for my set up. I use it on the second floor next to a window and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great antenna, especially for the price!, October 2, 2009
I purchased this antenna to couple with my media center PC (hooked up to a 42" big screen). Admitedly I had somewhat low expectations going in.

I was pleasantly surprised upon hooking the antenna up, however. It really couln't be simpler to install, which I did using the optional signal booster. Just hook the coax cables up and you're good to go. I now have multiple HD tv stations at my disposal, and they look great using my Windows media pc. I have actually compared how the screen looks on my computer using this antenna to my HD cable box on the same tv, and I think this antenna actually gives me better reception - HD cable looks good, but there are a few more "artifacts" on the screen than the antenna gives me.

I have to believe the biggest concern for anyone purchasing an antenna is, "will it give me good reception?" The answer to that question is going to be different for many people. The same antenna in a different location may not work as well as the other. However, for me, I couldn't be happier. Every once in a while, and I mean very rarely, so rarely it's not even an issue, the screen will jitter or lock up for about a second due to decreased reception by the antenna. All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the performance of this one though. Which leads me to the last positive thing the antenna has going for it...the design. Anyone who doesn't want those ugly rabbit ears ruining the aesthetics in your living room, you have to strongly consider an antenna design like this one. Mine is hidden, 100% out of sight on top of a book case next to my tv. Form and function, what a beautiful thing!

My antenna solution has been found with this little guy. I highly recommend it, for the value, the great HD reception, and the sleek styling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Flat Ampflified HDTV Antenna, July 21, 2009
It had the design we wanted so it would be more or less hidden (by placing on the top of a shelf or on the wall). When used with the ampflier the reception was very spotty, but WITHOUT the amplfier it worked perfectly, picking up all channels. A much better alternative to rabbit ears, from both the design and reception aspects.

5.0 out of 5 stars RCA ANT1450BM, November 12, 2011
I purchased this antenna at Amazon.com because I fired my media provider which left me with NO TV.
I thought for the very low price I would at least get a station or two and get the news.
I first tried it on the ground floor and got no signals. I then moved the antenna to the
attic and then ran a scan and got about 30 signals. I was surprised that such a small
antenna could do that. And, the stations that I get are about 40 to 50 miles away.
So, I am one happy camper at this point. Very satisfied with this antenna. Great buy !!
PS: I am using the amplifier that came with the antenna !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, effective digital broadcast solution, November 23, 2011
Stephen Boland (Saint Paul, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Made the decision to finally cut the cord, and went for an inexpensive antenna. Worked great right of of the box. Comes with a powered unit (presumably a digital tuner?) which I did not need as my TV had a tuner, just no antenna. Fast, slick, great reception in the urban core.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!, November 22, 2011
J. Worden (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This works perfect in our bedroom for HD channels. Sure beats paying $120+ a month for cable. Would buy again.