5.0 out of 5 stars Simply works
Published on February 11, 2012 by Don Quixote

1.0 out of 5 stars old firmware - could not be upgraded by user
The modem comes with an old firmware that could not be upgraded by a user.
Does not work with Teksavvy.
Published 18 months ago by American Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply works, February 11, 2012
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
The installation was a brieze. This was the exact brand Comcast was using. So, I simply removed theirs and installed the new one. To get it activated, you have to first connect it directly to the computer. Shutdown both, connect cable to the modem, ethernet cable between the computer and modem, power up modem. Once all the lights stop flashing, start the computer. Start your browser. When you try to connect to a web page, the activation screen comes up. The activation page recognized the modem automatically and even pulled the MAC address for me so I didn't have to type it in. After activation, shutdown everything again, this time connect the wireless router between the modem and the computer and done - took less than 10 mins from opening the box to done. Now I am saving $7 / month.

I have a middle of the pack service plan and tested the modem speed (thru the wireless router) using SpeedTest.net and got more then 23 Mbps download and more then 4 Mbps upload speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, April 3, 2011
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
I bought this to replace the modem I was paying Comcast $60 a year to lease. It's the same model. Works fine and came right on time. Easy to set up. Remember, you probably need to call your internet provider and give them the S/N for the new modem.

1.0 out of 5 stars old firmware - could not be upgraded by user, February 28, 2013
The modem comes with an old firmware that could not be upgraded by a user.
Does not work with Teksavvy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little modem no problems yet and great speeds., September 2, 2010
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
I've had a few comcast modems and this one keeps up with the others with no problems at all.

I am getting good speeds just as good as the other motorolla modem's I've had.

It's been great so far I would recommend this product if you're gaming or just surfing the web.

No problems yet it hasn't shut down without my permission and it seems very stable and solid.

Thoughts.

It looks extremely small don't let that change your mind.

Bigger don't always mean better in fact this modem feels better than the other huge modems I've had speed wise.

If you get over the size of this extremely small modem and actually use it you will notice it's a great modem.

I'd buy this modem if you want to a own a solid modem.

My highest speed test from speedtest dot net on this modem with comcast is

Download

MOS 4.39
Ping 18ms
Jitter 2ms
packet loss 0.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought to replace the one i was rented from the cable company, June 8, 2011
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
this is the same exact product that the cable company was renting to me for $7.99/month. it made more sense for me to buy this for the price then to continue to rent it. so far this modem is working great and I have had no problems whatsoever and it works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable modem - works great., November 3, 2012
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
Replaced a TWC modem, that used to be free, now they are charging $5 a month for. Works as good as if not better than their modem.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't believe I waited so long..., August 17, 2012
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
I have no idea why I was paying Comcast 7 bucks a month for this. Finally decided to purchase the exact modem Comcast rented to us. We'll make up the cost in just a few months! Had to call Comcast to get it set up, but after that....it's working great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great with Comcast cable connection, December 27, 2011
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
This product is working fine since I bought this on late May 2011. I haven't faced any problems with this product. Internet speed is really good.

1.0 out of 5 stars I've had 5 of them, September 17, 2011
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
I have owned 5 of these RCA cable modems and i must say, it is by far the most shoddy piece of electronic equipment i own, every 4 or 5 month my current one break and i get a free replacement from time warner. Now, it's not that I'm doing anything wrong with my modem, the Installer from does everything, i never touch, its that its incredibly poorly made or im just a fluke because this somehow got 3& 1/2 stars.I had a different RCA modem before the 5 of these and it lasted me 4 years until i was late on an internet bill and when i got internet back time warner insisted on me getting a new modem, so they took my old one away and gave me this piece of junk. I know i sound like im ranting because mine just broke, but i get them for free, im here to tell you that if you have to pay for your own modem, dont get this one..

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't support cable phone, October 14, 2012
This review is from: RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem (Personal Computers)
Like most customers apparently, I ordered this RCA DCM425 broadband modem to get out from under the monthly charges for renting a modem from Comcast. It's billed as the same one used by Comcast... but it's NOT! I found, to my dismay, that when I went to swap it out for the Comcast rental RCA unit, the new one from Amazon lacks one vital feature: a telephone output port. We recently bundled our services from Comcast and now take TV, broadband cable ...AND telephone from them. But, without a telephone port, I'm going to have to return this one to Amazon and look for one with all the ports I need. BE CAREFUL, BUNDLERS!

RCA DCM425 Digital Cable Modem