Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 28, 2011
Comcast had supplied TWO modems for my house; neither one would work as they had an internal router which bypassed my router and gave me fits.
FINALLY, I ordered the RCA modem from Amazon; paid to have it delivered asap so it would be here when the Comcast man came. He put it in; it immediately reduced my monthly cable bill from Comcast, AND EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE NOW WORKS!!!
on June 6, 2011
I realized I was wasting my money paying Comcast a $7 rental fee every month, so I purchased this item. After calling Comcast and reading them the serial #, I was all set up! Defintely a good investment.
on October 2, 2013
Works great, it is a used one. It is the same one I had with TWC. They first told me I could not use it and I had to pick one from their list. They about lost me as a customer so they did the right thing and let me use it (it was the same type I had from them). So beware if you are buying it and your internet provider is TWC.
on January 8, 2013
Like some other reviewers I saw, I bought this modem because my cable company decided after 3 years to charge me a modem rental fee. This is the exact model the cable company provided and one they support. I use Insight Cable in Columbus, Ohio. The only thing I had to do after hooking it up was call the cable company and provide the MAC address listed on the back of the modem, reboot a couple of times, and voila! Back in business. I think some cable companies require a serial number but mine needed a MAC and both are listed on the back of the modem. This is a great little modem at a reasonable price and I would highly recommend it.
on November 1, 2013
This came in handy for what I needed it for. I'm glad I have it on hand but only for cable. You can't use this directly with digital telephones and if you are a power user of the internet, this modem may not be suitable for your needs.
on January 10, 2013
If you want to do away with the monthly charge, this is perfect. You do need to call Comcast or your provider to give them the serial and the MAC numbers and get it registered. After that, you need to turn back on your router(if you have one) and the modem in the correct order. Works perfect.
on May 28, 2014
Wanted to own my cable phone modem, not rent. This model is equivalent to the one provided by my cable company. Should work. Do not have it installed yet as it requires the cable guy to come do the job. Will do that soon.
on March 26, 2013
My internet provider its Comcast and I was paying a monthly fee to use their modem, the same exact model & brand I was tired to keep paying this fee so I decided to buy my own but did not work, to be honest I don't know if it was because there was a problem with this product or if Comcast do something different to their equipment that not let any other modem work with their product that force people to keep renting theirs.
But at the end it was just a money waste, because the product did not work.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
I was getting charged a monthly fee by my cable provider to "rent" a cable modem. This was a nice, gently used cable modem that replaced the rental and saved me money. I have no complaints and nothing wild to say besides it works and I've had no issues.
on May 24, 2011
I have bought this modem to reduce my comcast internet bill by $5 per month for renting the modem from comcast. My purpose has served by buying this modem. This works perfectly fine and very useful product.