5.0 out of 5 stars It's a SPLITTER, not a TAP !!
This is an excellent product when used PROPERLY -- and as intended.
This is a SPLITTER, which means that BOTH of the "OUT" terminals should be connected to cables of the SAME, or nearly the SAME Length in order for your equipment to receive an equal share of the signal.
Published on February 6, 2011 by C. Hallowell

1.0 out of 5 stars The Item Received is Not What is Advertised
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a SPLITTER, not a TAP !!, February 6, 2011
C. Hallowell (Phoenix, AZ. - U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
This is an excellent product when used PROPERLY -- and as intended.
In other words -- the RCA splitter has 1 "IN" and 2 "OUT" terminals -- and the cables attached to the terminals must be the SAME or nearly the SAME length so that the signal loss in each cable run will be the same for both components.
Example: If you have one cable coming off the Splitter that's 60 feet long but the other one is only 6 feet long, they'll be way out of "balance", and certain equipment (such as a cable modem) will not function the same on either length of cable. Internet connection speeds are very sensitive to signal imbalance, so it's important to keep your cable modem on the shortest possible cable run, and NEVER on the "long side" of a junction !!
Under those circumstances, a SPLITTER is the WRONG CHOICE -- and a "TAP" must be used !!
A "TAP" looks a lot like a SPLITTER, but works differently -- the TAP has 1 "IN" and 1 "OUT" terminal, with the 3rd terminal "unmarked". -- With a TAP, the longer 60-foot run would be connected to the "OUT" terminal, and the shorter 6-foot run would go to the "unmarked" terminal.
Note that the DH24SP is a "2-way" splitter, which means that the high-frequency signal can pass freely in BOTH directions, which is critical for high-speed internet's need for bi-directional, hi-speed transfer of data "packets" to and from your server/tester/ISP.
Some reviewers have claimed that a cheapo splitter from the dollar store is "just as good" -- but that's just crazy talk !! And those gold-plated ones from "the shack" are NOT APPROVED by COX Cable, either !! I thought they were jackin' me around, but the COX Tech replaced my "golden" splitter with a SV2G 5-1000 MHz splitter and my internet connection speeds improved quite a bit !!
Anyways, if you need a SPLITTER for high bandwidth applications, such as Satellite, Cable Internet, Digital Cable, or HDTV -- this is it !!
Just remember to keep your cables as close to the same length as possible, and if you CAN'T, get a TAP for that long run !!!
One other thing -- for absolute best performance and a strong, steady signal, place your Modem and your Wireless Router about 4 feet apart to prevent radio frequency interference. Electrical interference of any kind drives Wireless Routers crazy, which is why I use and recommend Category 7 (double-shielded) Ethernet cables !!
The RCA (Audiovox) DH24SP gave a noticable improvement in the picture quality of our 52" Samsung LCD HDTV and to the 20" Standard TV on the other leg. It replaced an SV2 Splitter @5-1000 Hz. and -3 db drop per leg.
Great product when used as intended, and well worth the money - especially since Amazon.com cut the price IN HALF of what I paid here just a few weeks ago !!
The most important thing to remember is that this is NOT a signal BOOSTER, and it CANNOT make a weak signal stronger !!
What it WILL do is divide a high-frequency signal into 2 separate but equal parts by using intelligent circuitry combined with quality components and excellent workmanship.
The Bi-Directional capability MAY improve your computer's UPLOAD speeds, but that will depend on other factors.
My own personal install (outdoors) yielded an average Upload Speed increase of about 275 % over the old ISP-provided splitter -- (it wasn't bi-directional)
Ya can't go wrong for 5 bucks !!!

Good Luck !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - bi-directional and high frequency for digital cable and cable internet, June 7, 2011
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I ordered two of this. The bi-directional feature is definitely needed for digital cable or cable internet (to pass back interactive signals.) Also, it is a high frequency one - 2.4GHz. If you are to split signals for digital cable (i.e. digital cable set top box) or cable internet (i.e. cable modem), I would suggest you to pick the high frequency one - 2.4 GHz like this one. There are other 2.0GHz products on the market which I don't have experience. The older models with 900MHz or 1000MHz (i.e. 1GHz) frequencies would probably not work as well for digital signals, although I didn't bother to test those.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Item Received is Not What is Advertised, March 23, 2014
Amazon Customer (Granada Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I ordered this item because it said it was 5 mhz to 3 ghz and the instructions for what I am using it formy project said it had to be at least 5mhz to 1000 mhz (1ghz). Instead when I got it, the package said it was 5 mhz to 900 mhz, and the item does not look anything like the picture on Amazon's website. Then to confuse things even more, someone stuck a label on the back of the package which says model number DH24SPF, but only shows it as 2.4 mhz. To me this seems like an attempt (maybe not by Amazon, but certainly then by their supplier) to pass a cheaper item off as a better item.

Come on Amazon, you need to do a better job than that in monitoring to make sure what you are sending out is what is shown and described on the site. And you clearly missed the boat here meaning I have to return it and go out and buy one from a store in order to get my job done today. Shame on you, Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for MOCA, April 30, 2011
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I have FiOS, and in a fit of laziness when adding a new STB used a splitter I had sitting in a drawer. Internet speeds and tv reception got worse, so I plunked down the six bucks for this and it works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Comcast to split between Digital TV box and Cable modem., January 21, 2013
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
"RCA DH24SPR Two Way 2.4 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter" Works perfectly. Used on Comcast system to split signal between a Comcast digital box and a Cable modem. Works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars works, August 12, 2011
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I got this as a replacement for a faulty splitter that screwed up my cable internet.

Good:

It's a really cheap and it works very well. I can now finally have both cable internet and cable tv again.

Bad:

The only thing I didn't like was that it feels and looks cheap. However this cost the same as a bottle of soda and I didn't want to spend twelve or more bucks for something seemingly over priced from M0nster.

I think I may have lost some HD channels from cable, but I won't be able to confirm until I get tempted to buy what I logically know is an overpriced m0nster splitter.

I'll update this review if this ever breaks or when it passes the 1 year mark, without any issues.

UPDATE: it's been almost a year and it still works fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy!!!!!!, March 17, 2014
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I am a tech for a cable company. If I would see this in a house I would throw it out. It might work for dish or direct, but for a cable companies no. First off cable companies only use the frequency of 5-1000 mhz. They use 5-42 for the return path, which means when you send a email it is going back down are lines between those frequencies. They use the 150-1000 mhz to send the forward path for video signal and internet signal. So any splitter allowing over those frequencies is just allowing ingress on to the lines, this mean other signals like radio signals can get on to the line and cause interferences. Are company uses extreme splitters that are in are specs. I do hundreds of trouble calls a year mostly replacing bad splitters like this. All cable companies are different, call your cable companies customer service to find out what splitters they recommend before just buying a random one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item - Received a different cheaper version, May 23, 2014
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
Ordered the DH24SPF which is a 2-way Bi-Directional Splitter 5mhz-3ghz but received VH47R which is a 2-way Uni-Directional Splitter 5-900mhz. The label that was applied to the package has the part number that I ordered on it but the part number printed on the packaging from RCA has the other number, plus the printing on the actual part is different as well. Being returned tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars splitter for digital cable, October 14, 2011
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I needed a 2100 to 2500 mhz splitter in order to run my digital cable from two floors and two breaaks in the splitter, This product worked perfectly, other wise I lost about 85% of my channels. Excellent product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item sent, May 17, 2014
This review is from: RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter (Electronics)
I ordered RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3Ghz Bi-Di splitter. Received RCA VH47R 5-900MHz chip $0.50 splitter. The seller put their own label on the back of the package that stated model number DH24SPF (two way 3GHz), which was not the case. Front package shows VH47R 5-900MHz. Disgraceful chip trick for naive customers to make huge profit from $0.50 to $8.99.
I received a product I didn't order. I ordered RCA DH24SPF and I got RCA VH47R -product that has no value to me and I can not use it. I am shack that this item was fulfilled by Amazon. Should I be aware that Amazon reputation is going down and be more careful with next orders.

RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter