4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car
My wife and I really shopped around for a DVD player for our car. We took a chance with this one because there was no reviews on it. I have to say that chance really paid off for us. Here is why we decided to go with this one:

1. Brand recognition. We could have went with a couple other names, but I have known RCA for being decent. Maybe not the best but...
Published on September 9, 2010 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but could be a lot better
I was in the market for something to entertain my small kids on drives, particularly during our long daily commute to work (where their daycare is located). This appeared to fit the bill. Indeed it did do the job, but it could be a lot better.

PROs:
- The system was very easy to set up. So long as you aren't worried about hiding cords, it only really...
Published on December 12, 2010 by Ellis Moose

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars RCA Twin Mobile DVD Players, March 3, 2011
This review is from: RCA DRC6272 7-Inch Twin Mobile DVD Players - play two different DVDs! (Electronics)
This was a Christmas present for our son and his young family, we had to return the first order as the players would freeze and have to restart only to have it happen again. As usual Amazon stood behind the purchase and sent us another set of DVD players, these seem to work ok to this point, I will wite another review if there are any additional problems. Having Amazon Prime is the best thing we could have done, these players were actually delivered the day after we reordered, we also get instant videos on our TV now for free so we will be able to cancell our Netflix subscription saving $108.00 per year for the same programs.

3.0 out of 5 stars So close to being done right, January 16, 2012
I purchased this RCA Twin DVD because I wanted to have a DVD player in the car that would play different movies or the same movie. It does and it is great. But I returned it and will likely get a Philips PD9016 one next. I'll tell you why below.
Pros: Quality materials, two remotes, nice loud sound, good picture, easy to strap to headrest and you can access the DVD without unstraping anything. My son in 4.5 and he can use the remote, it's easy. The cords are never long enough to make us happy but the cords in this one were at least longer than others I have used.

Cons: No resume. When you stop for gas, or dinner or to go to the grocery store and turn off your car, you have to restart the video from the beginning... EVERY TIME. It is sooooo annoying. No battery - you can not play it out of your car without plugging it in. BUT... they do give you two ac adapters to use for each machine to plug them in. For me... the no resume was annoying enough to return them.

The Philips PD9016 is not perfect either. No remotes and no battery. However it does have resume. I have not purchased it yet so I don't know if it is any good yet. I'll review it once I get it....

The one brand I found that does it all is Sylvania - BUT I can't recommend it. It will play the same dvd or different ones, has a remote with volume control (RCA doesn't), has a battery so you can take it out of the car, it has lousy head rest connectors, you can't change the dvd without unstrapping it first, dumb and I was able to go to K-mart and physically see several Sylvanias. I found them to be made of extremely cheap plastic... very thin plastic and poorly constructed. All three Sylvania display's had the buttons broken on them and none of the other brands had anything broken. Soooo disappointing. If they were a decent quality I could have made my own rig for the headrest and had everything I wanted... oh well.

So, at least with all the research I have done... I can not find one of any brand that does it all. I think I'll end up with the Phillips and buy an additional cheap single portable dvd player that has a battery... then all it is lacking is the remotes... this is as of Jan 17, 2012... maybe some company will read this and make the perfect set in the future! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most versatile portable DVD player pair, November 18, 2013
Have only owned a few weeks but so far we are very pleased. Volume is loud, picture image OK and price can't be beat. Best feature for us is that the RCA DRC6272 has composite inputs on both DVD players, which allowed us to connect an iPhone 5 to stream Netflix on car trips too. I used Apple's lightning-to-HDMI adapter plus Etekcity HDMI to AV Composite RCA converter available on Amazon. Added y-cables to send the composite output to both DVD players and voila! Netflix streaming to two DVD players.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk-Keep looking, March 24, 2011
Bought this for a 13 hour car trip. Before the trip was over one unit lost audio and the other stopped working completely. Returned to Amazon and picked up another set at Walmart for the return trip home. The whole way home the kids kept protesting because the screen would go black, then minutes later would come back. Returned that set to Walmart and am looking for a more reliable brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible..., April 26, 2013
I purchased this unit due to the overall positive reviews but my experience with the quality of the units as well as RCA customer service has been poor...at best. I received the initial shipment and installed one unit (I only need one) and noticed that there was a solid white line running across the screen (I thought it was an issue with the DVD but not the case).

I returned the unit to Amazon (great as always) and got the replacement. The first unit worked ok at first but within a couple weeks started freezing up and would have to be constantly restarted. This was under normal driving conditions - no bumps, potholes, etc. Then the unit just stopped working altogether (screen showing "loading" and not playing). I tried various DVDs with the same result. I then tried the 2nd unit and within a couple days the same thing started to happen. In addition, it started scratching a DVD while trying to play

Since it was past the Amazon return window, I called RCA customer service. They indicated that I should clean the DVD lens. I told them that was unacceptable - I could understand if it was one unit but happening to both, the 2nd having been only used for a couple days, sounds like a manufacturing problem.

They agreed to send a replacement and asked that I return the 2 units back to them...at my cost! Apparently this is corporate policy

I have never written an Amazon review but felt this was necessary. This is the first RCA product that I have ever purchased and, after this, was the first and last time....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 28, 2011
A round-trip of 20 hours each way with a 2 and a 5 year old was made enjoyable by these DVD players. You can play one DVD on both screens or separate DVDs for each.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice features but poor sound issues, April 12, 2011
Length:: 2:50 Mins

These Dvd players are very nice with all of its accessories. The fact that it plays different movies on both players and can play the same movie on both screens with the flip of a switch is extra nice. the car adapter that splits into both dvd player is very nice..it straps on very easy to the back of the head rest. So far I feel like this was a good buy. time will tell if I run into some of the problems other reviewers have ran into. I would purchase this item again. UPDATE: The volume of this player is LOW!!!you will need to buy a headphone amp for this item if you want to hear it while driving in the car with the radio on or any other outside noises. Amazon have some 4 channel headphone amp starting at $21.00. I also am hearing a disturbing popping like sound when the players are hook up by the house power supply. I was almost ready to send this item back based on that.The car adapter works well without the popping sound only if I connect it to an inverter box with the cigerette lighter adapter...other than that I hear a loud whinning sound.The buttons are small and CLOSE together on the top of the dvd player. There is no menu button on the player So you will need to use the remote. The screen gets smudged by the littlest touch. you will neeed some kind of screen cleaner. the picture is kind of dark but you can lighten it up in video mode.
I know it sound like a good review gone bad lol. I really want to love this item but as of now I guess I am just hoping I have found the things I do not like and a way to improve those things so I can love this item.I do not think I'll rush out to buy another set...lol

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep your receipt, July 24, 2013
Very bad product and even worse customer service. Bought the RCA DVD System in March 2013 and both dvd players were broke by July 2013. We never dropped them, they were not dirty, and we didn't use any cleaner on the screens-they were keep in immaculate condition. I called RCA and they made me go through a lot of troubleshooting and then told me they might be able to honor my warranty if I send them a hard copy of the receipt, but it wasn't guaranteed. Very poor company response. I am just sorry that I wasted $140.00 on this system. RCA should be ashamed of this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, December 18, 2011
After 6 months, one of the units stopped reading DVDs but would still display what the other unit was playing. At the one year anniversary of the purchase of this product the other one stopped reading DVDs as well. We let it go the first time since we would still be able to play/watch DVDs as the other unit was still functioning. Wouldn't you know it, about 1 day (literally) after warranty was out, they stopped working all together. I would stay away from this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver for long road trips!, March 24, 2011
My husband and I purchased these before a 10 1/2 hour trip with our kids. The kids watched these for a good portion of the drive, and they worked wonderfully! They come with a dual power cord to provide power to both dvd players at the same time so it was very convenient to use. My son was able to work the remotes for both players since our youngest doesn't understand how to use them yet. We love these dvd players! I would recommend them to anyone with kids!

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›