Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 22, 2013
I'm writing this review since others have wrote so many POOR reviews, I was hoping to be able to clear some of this up. The TV works great!!!! I saw where many people wrote "when I put a dvd in, it says No Disc and won't play" simple solution: They have the dvd in backwards, it clearly says to insert the dvd in with the reflective side facing you--which is a little different from most players since usually you put the decorative side facing you, but turn the dvd around and it will recognize and play the disc. Next, people wrote "the sound quality not so good" it is a 22 inch TV not a 72" inch TV-you can't expect the same sound quality for the size, but I think the sound quality is clear and crisp, the volume is certainly loud enough-once again- it is a 22 inch TV--in a space that would properly accommodate 22" the sound is plenty loud. This TV will be wall mounted, if you search, you will find wall mounts that rotate and tilt, I am using it in my exercise room and it works perfectly. I do recommend this TV for small rooms such as a child's bedroom or exercise room, laundry room, bath, etc., but you should not expect it to fill the needs of a living room, den, garage or master bedroom---it's only 22 inches! I love that the DVD player is combined with the TV--no extra wires or equipment to deal with---perfectly hangs! The included remote control with included batteries is ready to go with the DVD controls, even has a Zoom feature which was really nice, you can fast forward up to 16x which worked really well with some of my virtual hike, run and walk dvds (as I mentioned-used in an exercise room), I can speed the dvd up to increase my walk. I think that you will be pleased with this purchase as long as you realize that it is not much larger than a typical computer screen designed only for small areas. Enjoy your TV!
on November 19, 2013
Some of the reviews almost scared me off on this model, in fact most models with built in DVD players. Glad I checked the reviews closely and knew what to watch for, as then all went well. The chief complaint I saw concerned the DVD player not working. Well, if you put it in with the SILVER side TOWARD you, the set goes instantly to the DVD play mode. The picture quality is very good for the size. handles HD fine. The sound is not theater quality, but then, most sets of this and even larger size are not. Still, it is clear, and you do have choices as to how you want both the picture and the sound set. Since it wa going into a crowded second family room, we did not have space to attach a DVD unit to a TV, but the picture quality in the DVD mode is excellent, so it was a good choice. Without a cable box, it switches instantly back to TV mode. With an HD box, you do need to push a button on the box remote to return to HDMI mode, still quick and easy enough. Also, ours came with the box in perfect condition, another concern after reading some reviews of TV shipments.
on October 27, 2012
I'll go ahead and get the CONS out of the way first...

The placement of the coax input makes it difficult to screw in the cable.

The stand installs with 4 screws, and does not tilt; instead, tightening/loosening screws help to level it, which takes several attempts to adjust it, stand it up, lay it back down on an overhanging surface to adjust some more, set it back... and even if you have all 4 screws tightened, the tv still wobbles a bit in every direction... it's not sturdy at all.

It takes 5-10 minutes just to scan for channels.

The manual controls are on the back side of the tv.

The remote control is huge.

Inserting a DVD automatically switches the tv to the DVD screen, and then begins to auto play.

Ejecting a disc leaves the tv at the DVD screen, so you must exit that and go back to whichever input you had previously set... doesn't sound like much, but the low-tech minded person would be clueless. Inserting/ejecting is s.l.o.w...

$200 for a 22" with DVD combo is a bit high in today's market.

The biggest fault of this tv is the sound. It does have stereo sound (2 speakers). It sounds more like an old timey radio, or giant headphones at max volume. Sounds like the speakers are down inside of coffee cans. I can adjust equalizer settings to turn up the bass, but it has almost no effect. I can notice a little bit more difference adjusting the treble. Turning on the 'surround sound' effect helps a tiny bit, for most things.

Ok, now I'll try to say something good...

Picture quality is great. Remote, although large, has nicely labeled buttons. The box has a nice carrying handle, and is packaged pretty straight forward.

That's about it.

2/5 Stars.
-1 for the stand
-1 for the audio
-1 for the other misc. annoyances

It's already boxed back up after just a few days of use, and now it's going back to the store.
on October 10, 2012
This was purchased to go into a guest bedroom and is on a shelf at the foot of the bed. The set was purchased based on it's dimensions so it would fit on the shelf. The set has a very good picture, but the sound is weak. I haven't hooked it up to a set of auxiliary speakers yet, but intend to.
on December 20, 2013
Arrived quick. I broght this TV because of the low weight. I needed it to fit in my suitcase,but not take up space. I love it. The color quality is great. DVD works great. I would buy this again.
on February 7, 2013
There are small things that happen every once in awhile, like a screen flicker or a crackling sound. For the most part it is as good as I could have hoped for at the price.
on January 28, 2013
I bought this tv for my son, so it's in his room and it's perfect for a little boy. Love the fact the dvd player is included. saves so much on space and cords, etc!! I really appreciated the fact it was so cheap when we bought it ;) Now to find a bigger one for my bedroom!!!

Have since changed my mind. It didn't work very long and we had to send it back to be repaired. It worked again for a couple weeks and then once again, screen went black and we couldn't use it. This time we just pitched it. Maybe it was because it was so small and my son played games on it I don't know, but thank goodness it was a cheapie.
on April 12, 2014
This TV is nice loooking, a perfect size for where it is watchced. The picture is outstanding. . It has an instrution booklet, but after the first couple of instructionsit is very easy to find your way aournd. Also, the price is right. I would heartily endorse the sale of this TV to everyone.
on February 23, 2014
I bought this tv for my son's room and it works perfect for that. I can see where some people would have issue with the sound quality but the boys don't mind. Picture is good and we've had no problems with the DVD player.
on July 14, 2014
It's a great TV for the price. The picture was fantastic. The sound is not great, but you really shouldn't expect much from a small set like this & for the price. We are using it in a Motor Home & it does just fine for us. The only problem is getting a strong enough signal for TV when you are out in the Boonies, but that's when the DVD player comes in handy. All in all we are very pleased with this TV.