Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 8, 2012
I was looking for a new TV for the bedroom. I was debating between this TV and the the 39" Samsung for the same price. I was leary because there was no reviews yet on this TV. I could not be happier with the purchase. The picture is awesome and the sound quality for a flat screen is great. I would definitely reccomend this to a friend or family member.
on January 26, 2013
We previously had a 40 inch element as a Black Friday deal and it ended up bad out of the box. I am glad we waited a little before buying another tv. RCA not the best brand but this actuly changed my mind about the quality of this company. Tv design is sleek and no problems. Set up was as simple as plug and watch. Get this before it is gone don't believe the bad reviews this is a great deal for a tv of this size and quality!

NEW UPDATE:

Well we replaced the first RCA because of the backlight bleeding then the second one had the same issue. Dont expect a super dooper perfect tv for the 300$ it was for a 42 inch. I wouldnt complain,but I guess others might.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2013
Quit working after 9+ months. Worked fine. Great Picture. Great Sound. I thought I was happy but I was expecting the TV to last 3-4 years not 9 months... Guess I was wrong!
on March 20, 2013
Aside from the fact that it takes about 10 seconds to let you know that you've turned it on, this TV has been perfect for me. I use it on a screened porch so I didn't want to spend a fortune. This TV has performed above and beyond my expectations.
on July 14, 2013
Bought this for my guest room, and everyone who has stayed here says they can't believe the picture an the sharpness of it. Works great an I would suggest buying this to anyone.
on November 15, 2013
Bought this tv back in February, but didn't receive it until March, as I do not live in the US. Anyhow, I hooked it up as I received it, and I turned it on and I was instantly in love with it!!! It's no VIZIO or Sharp or Samsung, etc., but it was in my budget range and I was absolutely thrilled about it!! Got it on sale for $350 + tax. I was a bit skeptical at first because of the contrast ratio and the low output from the speakers, but it was pretty much the best tv I could find and afford that was in my price range. I have NO REGRETS whatsoever about purchasing this tv!!!

I hooked it up to my desktop via HDMI and ran some music videos and movies both in 720p & 1080p and I was just blown away! Stunning graphics!! I was surprised at the performance, given the fact that the contrast ratio is only 4000:1 and that the refresh rate is only 60Hz. Just a few pros and cons about it, but other than that, it's a wonderful television.

Pros: Thin, not bulky like some older flat screens
Great picture quality
42" LED screen
Sturdy glass table stand with rubber grips

Cons: 8W speakers don't deliver good bass (easily fixed with home theater system)
60Hz refresh rate
4000:1 contrast ratio
Only 2 HDMI ports
No VGA input for computers (only matters if you don't have HDMI port on computer)
USB port only plays music or shows pictures

Well, that's pretty much it. I've had it up and running since March 2013 and it hasn't given me any problems as yet!!! No LED bleeding or anything!!!
on June 24, 2013
I wanted a basic HD TV .. no bells & whistles. I can play my cable, HD DVD & analog VCR. It's very easy to get from one input to another. Picture is great .. no redmarks, "egg" like shadows or other picture problems that other people point out. The sound is great too.
If you want something basic & easy to use .. this is the TV for you.
on February 28, 2014
when I first received the package i thought there was something wrong with it since the box looked worn. and I was 100% correct when I took it out of the packaging and set it up it had black and white lines running diagonally along the screen. If I was you I would think twice before buying anything from this. make sure its a reliable source and make sure you can get in contact with the seller.
on January 29, 2013
I had been watching this TV and several other 42 inch TVs through Amazon for a few weeks, but was waiting for a better price. When the price of this TV dropped dramatically, I pounced and bought it. I got it mounted on my downstairs wall and it works and looks great. The sound could be a little better, but I have a sound bar hooked up which solves that problem. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
on November 22, 2015
I bought this television for my roommate (now fiancé) for his birthday and he absolutely loved it. It does take a short moment after turning it on for it to actually register that it is on, but that's minor. After about a month of having it, during moving it, it did get dropped though and the base broke off as well as a few other parts along the bottom. We rigged it up so we could hang it on the wall (without a wall mount as that was another part that was broken). Still works like a charm. The picture is very clear and obviously from we put it through, it can handle a bit of aggressiveness. Great product.