Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RCA LED46C45RQ 46-Inch LED-Lit 1080p 60Hz TV (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 16, 2013
HI to all interested on buying this product I have this to say: I bought this television about six months ago and just yesterday it
started to fail. Half of the screen is black and today I've been trying to get some tech support from RCA and this is where I get
frustrated is like they don't care about you...They just transfer me to someone else and they've been doing that all the times I have
contacted them. If this is just a personal experience with this RCA product, well that might be my luck, but if this is common on these RCA LED televisions this lesson will teach me not to buy any RCA product again ever. I will have to call them again tomorrow
but I don't like this hassle. If others customers have better experiences with this RCA product, is not my case; I would like not to
down grade RCA products, however judging from this unpleasant experience I just have to say: their customer support sucks. There's no reason for me to recommend this product to other people to get frustrated like I am at this moment. I have included a short video of the problem I am dealing with, thus you'll know that I'm not making this up. If somebody has good reviews on another brand for LED television I'll appreciate any suggestions; I'm not cheap I'd just like a trouble free television for a reasonable time. I don't want to deal with these dinosaur companies Which they are only hungry for money. If someone is looking into buying this product, I really hope you won't end up where I am now after a few months: annoyed and frustrated.
1313 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2015
I bought this TV about 2 years ago. The size and the price was good especially since I bought it on sale. It was interesting to see someone else write about the sound because the sound is terrible, no matter what you do, it's tinny and slightly muffled. One thing I discovered is the built in speakers are located on the back of the screen which makes it really loud for my apartment neighbors but not so much for me.

Now what I really want to talk about is that I have to admit, my a/c went out last summer but soon after I noticed a white powdery looking something all over the back of it. When I clean it off it comes back. Sure, mildew you would think but it is not! Look it up! Colby or RCA mildew/mold and you will see that many of these products have this problem and along with it is an oil looking substance. It's coming from the back of the TV. Well of course my TV is out of warranty but it's scary and I'll not be buying another one of these!
review image
on November 13, 2014
Found this for $299, and thought I could deal with the bad sound other reviewers had talked about as I had an extra sound bar (the TV truly has dreadful sound, like an old am radio), but it doesn't have an audio out!!!.
The picture is sadly almost as bad, and is never quite focused, and a little too bright (and yes, I attempted to correct it).
The stand is very flimsy, and I almost returned it just because of that alone.
Returning!
on March 7, 2013
I purchased this tv from Kmart for $397. It has a great picture. Much clearer than my 52" plasma. I am very happy with it. The 60 Hz processor is fine as I was concerned with it not being a 120 Hz.
on October 29, 2014
Less than two years and it failed.
Was very happy, but after less than two years it won't turn on.....unless you unplug it over and over-reset it-each and every time. Just a matter of time before its a brick.
Sound was poor, but I didn't use the built in speakers.
on May 14, 2014
I got this on sale for $349, and it's a mixed bag. The value for the price is great. The picture looks very good, and there are many ways to control and tweak the color the way you like it. Again, 46 inches for $349? Can't complain too much about that.

But I can complain about the sound. The speakers are unacceptably awful. I understand that flat panel tv speakers are known to be below average, but come on. This is ridiculous. If you buy this tv, you will basically have no choice but to hook it up to a stereo or some other source of sound, at least, if you care at all what you are listening to. And I'm not a Bose-addicted audio snob; let's just say if you see this on display at the store, chances are it will be muted, and there's a reason for that! Even with the bass turned all the way up, my tv sounds extremely tinny and cheap.

The only other thing I can gripe about is that there is no light or indicator that the power is on. Sometimes I have hit power on the remote, and the screen still looks completely dark.. hmm, is this thing on? I have to hit the volume to see if it reacts at all. That's a minor point, though.

---CORRECTION--- There is indeed a red light on the tv, on the lower left corner. It's the size of a pinprick, and you can't see it unless you are a few feet from it. I stand corrected on that point.

Overall, if you are ok with the fact that you will need a set of backup speakers of some sort, this tv is a very good value. I believe I would buy it again.
on December 5, 2014
I have had this television for around 4 months now. I have it mounted to my wall. I am very happy with it overall. The color/picture quality is comparable to all LED tv's. The sound is fine, not sure why others have issues. I have it in a large room and rarely exceed 25 (which I believe is only like a quarter of the way up). Bluray movies look fantastic.
on February 17, 2014
I bought it for $350 from best buy a bit on a whim. Best impulse buy ever. Absolutely clear, boots fast, great for gaming. A few specific points as to why I love it:
1. It is not 3D. That's a stupid gimmick and everyone should know this. It's what makes TVs look like a soap opera all the time. this does not. it looks fantastic.
2. The menus are great. Really simple. For selecting inputs; hit input, up or down on the directional pad, and hit ok. Flips very quickly. None of this "hit input 5 times and wait to see if it decides to flip."
3. The buttons on the side make a lot of sense as well.

CON: the speakers are a bit rubbish. It's not too bad if your casually watching a movie or gaming. But music gets washed out. Still absolutely worth the full price.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2015
I don't know what happened to my previous review but it's no longer there. I got this TV November of 2012. I loved it until it June of 2013 when it started turning off in the middle of programs. As it was still under warranty, it was repaired September 2013. I was having no other issues until August 2015 when it wouldn't turn on at all. This is the 2nd time I've had this issue (something to do with the power supply). I would not recommend this TV to anyone. It's a piece of garbage. This thing isn't even 3 years old! We have 2 other TVs between 10 and 15 years old that are still working.
on September 13, 2014
The picture is excellent and surprisingly compares to the quality of my Samsung LED TV! The stand is easy to assembly and the remote is easy to use. The only warning is with the audio - the sound quality is really bad. It's an easy fix though - purchase a $40 set of computer speakers and connect them to the headphone port on the TV. You can then control the volume with the TV remote and you'll have *much* better audio without spending another $200 on a "soundbar" system!